or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 44  

post #646 of 1217
Yeah, blinxat should give a link... If I can get fakes for 25$, then I'll play a cheaper joke... biggrin.gif
post #647 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxat View Post

Disagree. There has been an elaborate effort in stopping shipments to their key western markets. Confiscated containers, the china market websites filter out beats, they ship single products in extra wrapped packaging and whatnot.

Pretty sure they will have multiple employees working on this on a daily basis.

The problem is (my assumption/speculation) is that it will be hard to stop this, as with most things from China, the western company (in this case Beats) doesn't actually set up shop with their own factories, they outsource it to contractors that already have the production lines and man power, probably across multiple sites, (high volume products) so a design is easily leaked along with the equipment. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the fakes actually use the same drivers as the original.

Also happened to V-Moda with the LP.

If you don't make your products their you probably wont see fakes. Senns HD25 a classic made in Ireland, no fakes. Same goes for higher end AKG's, Beyerdynamics etc..

As soon as you move production to china, fakes sneak up on you again, Senns Momentum.... (although that one is horrifically bad biggrin.gif)

But I think the Bose QC15 and old Beats Studio measured the same as original. So the chinese fakers don't completly loose the plot, I think it is quite a sophisticated operation and Beats will most likely have resources aimed at reducing this.

We should travel to Shenzhen some day and find out whats going on in the headphone business biggrin.gif

I bet things like this go out every few days:

http://gbcinternetenforcement.net/files/caseNo-14-cv-2865/COMPLAINT.PDF

Very interesting points made smily_headphones1.gif

The case file you linked is quite an interesting read (as much as case files can be outside the legal jargon) - I've not read it all but noted this part:



I would suggest they add:

"yet (Beats LLC) operate a genuine product online registration system for their customers that is farcical in failing to recognise genuine serial codes from any random one entered, therefore enabling fake beats products to proliferate further"
post #648 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

Very interesting points made smily_headphones1.gif

The case file you linked is quite an interesting read (as much as case files can be outside the legal jargon) - I've not read it all but noted this part:



I would suggest they add:

"yet (Beats LLC) operate a genuine product online registration system for their customers that is farcical in failing to recognise genuine serial codes from any random one entered, therefore enabling fake beats products to proliferate further"
point well made... I think they are just doing that to make money off of suing Chinese people for making counterfeits... they certainly aren't doing it for their customers.
post #649 of 1217

Colorware plug:

 

 

etc etc. So many others in their gallery. I'm a huge fan of their work.

 

Here is the online designer: http://www.colorware.com/categories.aspx

post #650 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Colorware plug:


















etc etc. So many others in their gallery. I'm a huge fan of their work.

Here is the online designer: http://www.colorware.com/categories.aspx
hmmm.... I went on the site, sennheiser momentum, beats, yadayadayada... Hd800, sol republic... Wait... HD800?????? WTF???!!?? Just a random audiophile summit-fi can among consumer things?????
post #651 of 1217

Pretty random!

 

Jude (the founder of Head-fi) got me into these guys, with his custom HD800:

 

All-black with a blue ring. 

post #652 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post

 

I can't forgive Beats for what they did from 2008-2013, so if they want to ever have me *not* hate them, they need probably another 5 years. But the way they went on the market was pure predatory marketing genius. Capitalism gone wrong, plain and simple.

 

 

post #653 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Pretty random!

Jude (the founder of Head-fi) got me into these guys, with his custom HD800:



All-black with a blue ring. 
that... Is sexy. Id love to wear that to McDonalds. "Hey welcome to... Mc... Donalds... What can I get you?..." Me: Ah, nothin'. I just want... To be swagilicious.
post #654 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


YO CB!!! Y U NO CUSTOM HD800?? biggrin.gif
post #655 of 1217

colorware do some awesome paint jobs for sure.

 

I enquired ages ago with them to see if they accepted UK orders and got reply back that they didn't at that time :(

 

They used to accept painting customers cans if they sent them direct to colorware but due to people sending them fake goods, they stopped that service, so from what I gather, if you want a custom set of whatever headphones, you buy them off coloware whom then custom paint them for you.

post #656 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


YO CB!!! Y U NO CUSTOM HD800?? biggrin.gif

HaHa - I already had this one done, so was being lazy - I'll get round to a HD800 one some other time :tongue:

post #657 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

colorware do some awesome paint jobs for sure.

I enquired ages ago with them to see if they accepted UK orders and got reply back that they didn't at that time frown.gif

They used to accept painting customers cans if they sent them direct to colorware but due to people sending them fake goods, they stopped that service, so from what I gather, if you want a custom set of whatever headphones, you buy them off coloware whom then custom paint them for you.
it says on the site on the hd800's, 250$ to send in headphone.
post #658 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


that... Is sexy. Id love to wear that to McDonalds. "Hey welcome to... Mc... Donalds... What can I get you?..." Me: Ah, nothin'. I just want... To be swagilicious.

HaHa - U're nutz - in a good way :D

post #659 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

HaHa - I already had this one done, so was being lazy - I'll get round to a HD800 one some other time tongue.gif
oh. Lol.
post #660 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


it says on the site on the hd800's, 250$ to send in headphone.

they must have changed their rules I guess

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?