Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 43  

post #631 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


You have an expensive sense of humour - $80?

Keep your money and save it for something special you'd like - like whatever next pair of cans that floats your boat - but throwing good money on fakes is a joke on you and your boat will spring a leak wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I want a legitimately perfect fake if I'm dropping 80$ to play a joke. Aluminum and all. Geeheehee.

 

Maybe buy another AKG K240 with the 80 bucks? Hahaha just kidding. You could maybe buy something like a Fiio E11 with it though. Don't waste it on a fake!

post #632 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I can honestly say in my years I've seen hilariously few people that run around and "just yell YOLO and other slangs". People seem to assume that and it's really no more or less ignorant than the stereotype of every Head-Fi user sleeping on a pile of $1500 cables and listening to our FLAC classical music on our giant desktop amp/DAC/source rigs. 

Just remember that: for every ignorant Beats user there's an ignorant audiophile who spent way more on a set of cables. 

How do you quantify/qualify what an audiophile is?

Is it self certifying or other?

Sorry to go off topic but I just watched a video where they asked people attending an audio device type event if they were an audiophile and a lot of people just laughed without answering, including Steve Guttenberg!
post #633 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

For some reason I'd rather have a talk with the ignorant audiophile, than one of the 'yoloswaginators'. They're everywhere where I live, and it's really annoying. I'm fine that they have their own style and stuff, but they're just plain rude, always screaming stuff, blasting music straight from their smartphone's at places like the bus stop, while grabbing their own 'private parts', and having their pants on their knees.

What does "YOLO" mean?

I know swag = bling bling - showing off your expensive/cool stuff
post #634 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


What does "YOLO" mean?

I know swag = bling bling - showing off your expensive/cool stuff

You Only Live Once

 

It's often used as an excuse to do something really stupid, like making a crazy BMX stunt you know that will go wrong.

Or as an excuse to buy something.. Like Beats!

And also just saying it randomly "Yeah I saw Gary the other day, we talked about some stuff, YOLO!"

post #635 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

I've got the weirdest boner right now.

Nah, just kidding haha.

They're fake though, the beats logo shouldn't be shining that much.

:D

post #636 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

Sorry guys...had to post this

 

 

Tactile response is my gig bro.:D

 

I put a lot of stock into that.

 

Are you saying the Momentum give that tickle more than Beats? Which ones? You said "any". 

I'm going to politely disagree with that specific assertion. I do not think the the Momentums give an equal Tactile Visceral experience as the Studio V1, Monster NPulse, Beats Pro (That's 3 that I am dead sure of)

Wow, that bass though..

post #637 of 1217

Fake Detox Unboxing v

 

 

Genuine Detox Unboxing v

 

post #638 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Fake Detox Unboxing v

 

 

Genuine Detox Unboxing v

 

I've already seen these video's a million times haha.

Easiest way to see if it's real or not, is the cord. Works with any beats pro.

The end of the L-shape to the begin of the coil should be 7CM.

As you can see in the video, the fake one is way longer.

 

Also, the cleaning cloth.

The plastic should be folded, with the cleaning cloth inside that isn't folded (If you unfold the plastic, the cloth automaticly unfolds with it).

 

And the plastic when you open the box, that keeps the headphones inside. In this fake (and it's with most, but not all!) you see it's just some regular plastic packaging, but it needs to be a hard shell plastic.

 

Most fakes also have a flaw in the carrying bag, the grey lid thingy should be made of steel/aluminium/whatever it is. Not out of plastic.

 

Edit: Forgot to say, the headphone itself, the detox text needs to be exactly in the middle of the headband, not touching the edges!


Edited by kilspeed111 - 5/20/14 at 12:36pm
post #639 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

I've already seen these video's a million times haha.

Easiest way to see if it's real or not, is the cord. Works with any beats pro.

The end of the L-shape to the begin of the coil should be 7CM.

As you can see in the video, the fake one is way longer.

 

Also, the cleaning cloth.

The plastic should be folded, with the cleaning cloth inside that isn't folded (If you unfold the plastic, the cloth automaticly unfolds with it).

 

And the plastic when you open the box, that keeps the headphones inside. In this fake (and it's with most, but not all!) you see it's just some regular plastic packaging, but it needs to be a hard shell plastic.

 

Most fakes also have a flaw in the carrying bag, the grey lid thingy should be made of steel/aluminium/whatever it is. Not out of plastic.

 

Edit: Forgot to say, the headphone itself, the detox text needs to be exactly in the middle of the headband, not touching the edges!

Yeah, those fakes that first dude showed off were not good - blemishes on the paint work and razor sharp edges to cut yourself on is as clearer sign of fakes you'd find, not to mention the yellow text on the carry bag.

 

I don't see the point in that crap, but maybe there are "better" fakes out there that are harder to tell between an original.

post #640 of 1217
Quote:
 as beats don't seem to be bothered?

 

Disagree. There has been an elaborate effort in stopping shipments to their key western markets. Confiscated containers, the china market websites filter out beats, they ship single products in extra wrapped packaging and whatnot.

 

Pretty sure they will have multiple employees working on this on a daily basis.

 

The problem is (my assumption/speculation) is that it will be hard to stop this, as with most things from China, the western company (in this case Beats) doesn't actually set up shop with their own factories, they outsource it to contractors that already have the production lines and man power, probably across multiple sites, (high volume products) so a design is easily leaked along with the equipment. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the fakes actually use the same drivers as the original.

 

Also happened to V-Moda with the LP.

 

If you don't make your products there you probably wont see fakes. Senns HD25 a classic made in Ireland, no fakes. Same goes for higher end AKG's, Beyerdynamics etc..

 

As soon as you move production to china, fakes sneak up on you again, Senns Momentum.... (although that one is horrifically bad :D)

 

But I think the Bose QC15 and old Beats Studio measured the same as original. So the chinese fakers don't completly loose the plot, I think it is quite a sophisticated operation and Beats will most likely have resources aimed at reducing this.

 

We should travel to Shenzhen some day and find out whats going on in the headphone business :D

 

I bet things like this go out every few days:

 

http://gbcinternetenforcement.net/files/caseNo-14-cv-2865/COMPLAINT.PDF


Edited by Blinxat - 5/20/14 at 3:16pm
post #641 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Yeah, those fakes that first dude showed off were not good - blemishes on the paint work and razor sharp edges to cut yourself on is as clearer sign of fakes you'd find, not to mention the yellow text on the carry bag.

 

I don't see the point in that crap, but maybe there are "better" fakes out there that are harder to tell between an original.

Hmm...I think mine would be a good example. I had a hard time finding out which was the real deal, until I put it on. The fakes, which I had, were horribly uncomfortable. The pads were hardly stuffed with foam.

There were a lot of other glaring differences. The Beats logo and cable differed in colour (fakes were pinker), there were some sharp edges (filed them down when I was bored), headband adjustment felt very cheap (as in it doesn't really click), the flip-up earcups didn't snap, the stitching on the headband was off, etc. etc.  

post #642 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Yeah, those fakes that first dude showed off were not good - blemishes on the paint work and razor sharp edges to cut yourself on is as clearer sign of fakes you'd find, not to mention the yellow text on the carry bag.

 

I don't see the point in that crap, but maybe there are "better" fakes out there that are harder to tell between an original.

It can be worse, I saw this one fake detox that was white plastic, with where it should say 'beats' on the side, silver.. Of course I couldn't resist, and took a seat next to her in the bus, blasting my detox ^.^

I can't seem to find a picture of these..

post #643 of 1217

They seem to have different grades of quality:

 

 

But I never got one. And probably never will :D

post #644 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxat View Post
 

They seem to have different grades of quality:

 

 

But I never got one. And probably never will :D

Ooh that's pretty interesting! Got a link for me?

Not that I'm going to buy one, saving up for that Mad Dog!

post #645 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post


Maybe buy another AKG K240 with the 80 bucks? Hahaha just kidding. You could maybe buy something like a Fiio E11 with it though. Don't waste it on a fake!
I have an e11 lol! I'm looking for an O2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?