or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 39  

post #571 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiriG View Post

I just got some Dre Beats Solo HD for free, they'll pay for my TMA-1 and a nice beer biggrin.gif

Superb cans - I've the Carhartt limited edition model which is just a few subtle cosmetic differences to standard model, but the TMA-1's are top notch in every dept. smily_headphones1.gif


8474c5c59c4701180cccd3fdfcffbbcc.jpg

But, I still enjoy my beats solo HD (monochromatic) cans as a light and convenient portable on the go use can smily_headphones1.gif

5ba2dc5a-a1c9-4726-8173-d8d7f783caf3.jpg
c1743ed0-f577-4a68-82e0-6b2308cc66d3.jpg

Edited by cb3723 - 5/20/14 at 5:01am
post #572 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Yeah, I must admit that the Matte Black Studio 2.0 looks very stealthy and not as ostentatious as Beats normally do. They remind me of the Beats Detox.



Yeah, the new Studio's are very stealthy indeedy - beats redesigned the new Studios from the ground up from original and by reducing its form and improving sonics, transformed the Studios to a very good headphone - they even courted the fashionista's like Alexander Wang to get involved, leading to the limited edition Beats X range, color scheme designed by Mr.Wang himself with his "Luxe sensitivity" approach - which pretty much equated to gold highlights and a stingray effect carry case, to which this range sold out pretty darn quickly - I wonder if the fashion world is now tuned into beats? Alexander Wang is a serious heavy hitter in haute couture and said he only agreed to design the beats X range because he was already a fan and user of beats cans.








Skeptics may argue that beats and designer label cloths go hand in hand at being overpriced, more style over substance yada yada yada, and this collaboration has been seen before with the likes of the Monster Diesel Vektr cans (which I think are still available), but nobody but beats could pull a current darling of the fashion world big hitter like Alexander Wang who himself wouldn't compromise his credibility or brand image for a quick buck. Beats seem able to highly successfully manoeuvre in all markets, the designer vogue market being one of the hardest to pull off, but beats make it look just - easy...
Edited by cb3723 - 5/20/14 at 5:50am
post #573 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Yeah, the new Studio's are very stealthy indeedy - beats redesigned the new Studios from the ground up from original and by reducing its form and improving sonics, transformed the Studios to a very good headphone - they even courted the fashionista's like Alexander Wang to get involved, leading to the limited edition Beats X range, color scheme designed by Mr.Wang himself with his "Luxe sensitivity" approach - which pretty much equated to gold highlights and a stingray effect carry case, to which this range sold out pretty darn quickly - I wonder if the fashion world is now tuned into beats? Alexander Wang is a serious heavy hitter in haute couture and said he only agreed to design the beats X range because he was already a fan and user of beats cans.
 






Matte black and gold is also a very nice combination. I like it!

post #574 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Matte black and gold is also a very nice combination. I like it!

Beautiful shots! I wonder if they'll do that on the other models? :p

Nah, I'm sure an Infinity Black or Detox with some gold stickers (or gold leaf if you wanna get fancy) should do the trick.

post #575 of 1217

 

WHO, in their right mind, thinks that offering multiple colors of premium headphones is a sound marketing strategy?  Sellouts!!!

 

Serious headphone companies would never...

 

 

Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
But, I still enjoy my beats solo HD (monochromatic) cans as a light and convenient portable on the go use can smily_headphones1.gif
 
5ba2dc5a-a1c9-4726-8173-d8d7f783caf3.jpg
c1743ed0-f577-4a68-82e0-6b2308cc66d3.jpg

 

 

Uh Ohhh...

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyb96nqasV0JndaeMAjzGfduMwkjeRETdUKOwBCqCzUaEb0vE6     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnW0kps59IA1Fo2ddNjMW700RmiylpcXxBFHmWrwMbTpBq3N0pvg    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPCv6UDhPosD7hc5DJ6B84BgA0oYOxZf0G7cPiWOm2mkYSpdnh

 

 

What's in your wallet Momentum?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSER2KgdZGpba4mW46oQmxHiqXNn2dSj6vASD1fY-JbvQBEFJ7nrA

 

 

BTW...there's a guys version too.

 

 

 

Good thing, not sure I could wear the pink ones in public...well maybe if they called them mauve.

 

This message brought to you by Zennheiser...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIpMWBxd7UO9sVnRWCSROTl6kO0vgJhMzG-8i_zLLQXk0hsL5e3A

post #576 of 1217

So Sennheiser is clearly not aiming at the young hip hop crowd. But the more settled over 25 years crowd. I think they have a different target audience. And it was about time that they fight back and don't let beats take over the fashion headphone market.

 

The tactile experience of a Momentum is really a lot better than what you get from any beats headphone so far.

 

I had a field day today, listening to Momentums, a friends 25 Alu, Amperior the whole day. Lovely day!


Edited by Koolpep - 5/20/14 at 7:29am
post #577 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

So Sennheiser is clearly not aiming at the young hip hop crowd. but the more settled over 25 years crowd. I think they have a different target audience. And it was about time that they fight back and don't let beats take over the fashion headphone market.

 

The tactile experience of a Momentum is really a lot better than what you get from any beats headphone so far.

 

Sorry guys...had to post this

 

 

Tactile response is my gig bro.:D

 

I put a lot of stock into that.

 

Are you saying the Momentum give that tickle more than Beats? Which ones? You said "any". 

I'm going to politely disagree with that specific assertion. I do not think the the Momentums give an equal Tactile Visceral experience as the Studio V1, Monster NPulse, Beats Pro (That's 3 that I am dead sure of)

post #578 of 1217
post #579 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

Sorry guys...had to post this

 

 

Tactile response is my gig bro.:D

 

I put a lot of stock into that.

 

Are you saying the Momentum give that tickle more than Beats? Which ones? You said "any". 

I'm going to politely disagree with that specific assertion. I do not think the the Momentums give an equal Tactile Visceral experience as the Studio V1, Monster NPulse, Beats Pro (That's 3 that I am dead sure of)

 

Hi, 

I wasn't referring to the tactility of the sound but the headphone itself, the materials and quality feel when you touch and hold them. They feel more solid and worthy in your hands. The sound differences were discussed already enough :-)

 

Cheers,

K

post #580 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Monster actually got screwed over by Dre and lovine. http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

Yeah...I know. Having read the story over five times already, it really pisses me off to see how they got screwed over by the monolith known as Interscope. Monster was in bad times...luckily they've bounced back with excellent headphones of their own.

post #581 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Monster actually got screwed over by Dre and lovine. http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

 

One of my all time favorite write ups.

 

1. Because it shows beats/dre went at the design thing hard ( popular notion is it was a throw together money grab) no they were trying hard to get what they thought was THE sound.

2. The "business" is a cold hearted bit**. Monster got screwed bigtime by Mr Iovine. Need lawyers. Lawyers reading the fine print is very very important

post #582 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

Hi, 

I wasn't referring to the tactility of the sound but the headphone itself, the materials and quality feel when you touch and hold them. They feel more solid and worthy in your hands. The sound differences were discussed already enough :-)

 

Cheers,

K

My bad.:p

 

I just did a review (not finished) of My Akai and I get it...I feel the same about those Akai. Just holding them feels like I got something special. Enjoy.

post #583 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

So Sennheiser is clearly not aiming at the young hip hop crowd. but the more settled over 25 years crowd. I think they have a different target audience. And it was about time that they fight back and don't let beats take over the fashion headphone market.

 

The tactile experience of a Momentum is really a lot better than what you get from any beats headphone so far.

 

Yep...just poking fun at them!   ;-)

 

For all the headphones I own, I'd still choose the HD558 as my keeper if I could only have one set of cans...can wear (and listen to) them for hours, nice signature across multiple genres; just put the player on shuffle and enjoy the music.

 

I suppose that might change when I get some HD6X0s or HE500s

post #584 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

So Sennheiser is clearly not aiming at the young hip hop crowd. But the more settled over 25 years crowd. I think they have a different target audience. And it was about time that they fight back and don't let beats take over the fashion headphone market.

 

The tactile experience of a Momentum is really a lot better than what you get from any beats headphone so far.

 

I had a field day today, listening to Momentums, a friends 25 Alu, Amperior the whole day. Lovely day!

I disagree with your opinion that Momentums tactile experience is a lot better than beats entirely.

 

I own the Momentum David Bowie Ltd Edition over the ear cans and many beats models to which the beats studio x by Alexander Wang is easily comparable, with new standard Studio's not far behind.

 

Don't get me wrong - the Momentums are fantastic and beautifully presented, but they are competing in the fashion headphone buying market along with beats by the Momentum and doing something that beats have done from day 1 in regards to presentation of product.

 

Opening a pair of beats is a pleasure in itself - the box is velcro fastened with separate compartments for cables, instruction/warranty info and of course the headphones, all housed in a very attractive and sturdy color box - opening the Momentums reminded me of opening beats.

 

As for the headphones themselves, they are both individually very nice, the Momentums have leather covered headband and ear cups with a metal headband (aluminium) but aren't collapsable like the beats which seem to use a hard plastic covering a aluminium frame headband and use what certainly appears to be leather ear pads, though I'm not 100% sure, but are both are equally as comfortable and stylish IMO.


The Momentums and Studios both feel you are holding a luxury product of substance in your hands.

DSC_1112.jpg
DSC_1117.jpg
DSC_1127.jpg
DSC_1145.jpg
DSC_1189.jpg

^Sennheiser packaging and presentation very much like beats^...
I like both equally on their own individual merits - all this one type/brand of headphone Vs another where the other like beats is the default whipping boy is just plain BS to me - isn't this a headcan enthusiast site where all cans are included for fair opinion outside of biased hating?

(I'm not suggesting poster this is in reply to is beats hating particularly, but my comment refers to how beats is generally trashed here and elsewhere with little regard)
Edited by cb3723 - 5/20/14 at 8:18am
post #585 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Matte black and gold is also a very nice combination. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

I disagree with your opinion that Momentums tactile experience is a lot better than beats entirely.

I own the Momentum David Bowie Ltd Edition over the ear cans and many beats models to which the beats studio x by Alexander Wang is easily comparable, with new standard Studio's not far behind.

Don't get me wrong - the Momentums are fantastic and beautifully presented, but they are competing in the fashion headphone buying market along with beats by the Momentum and doing something that beats have done from day 1 in regards to presentation of product.

Opening a pair of beats is a pleasure in itself - the box is velcro fastened with separate compartments for cables, instruction/warranty info and of course the headphones, all housed in a very attractive and sturdy color box - opening the Momentums reminded me of opening beats.

As for the headphones themselves, they are both individually very nice, the Momentums have leather covered headband and ear cups with a metal headband (aluminium) but aren't collapsable like the beats which seem to use a hard plastic covering a aluminium frame headband and use what certainly appears to be leather ear pads, though I'm not 100% sure, but are both are equally as comfortable and stylish IMO.
I say sz2000 is probably the coolest box unwrapping I've ever seen. The blue velvet is just a sophisticated touch and makes you feel like they are special. (unfortunately, they don't have anything that indicates they'd be special in the bassy way, except for the inside of them...) and vant... I couldn't agree more! 775670_679942288765141_1005495273_o.jpg10337749_702479183178118_4830558049620806740_n.jpg
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 5/20/14 at 8:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?