Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 4  

post #46 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedangel View Post

Thats exactly how I feel. I conducted a small test in college to see how peoples grades where with beats headphones, and most of them were in the F/ D- grade range, while people with Sennheisers/ Audio Technicas and other Good brands usually were in the B+/A range... interesting'
 

My Grado's were the only ones that made it through college with me after having quite a few Senns and Beyers, those are the C+ students headphones apparently smile_phones.gif

 

Oh I guess my Beyer DT931's made it a couple years past school too.

post #47 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mem View Post

and the only reason they're so popular is because they've been endorsed by an ageing gangster rapper that needs cash to fund his steroid addiction because he isn't selling records anymore.


I just had to comment here because of this. I disagree with Beats being popular because of Dr. Dre endorsing them. Fact is Dr. Dre isn't a big name anymore in music, at least not in the public eye. Beats are popular because they look stylish, they have ridiculously good marketing, and you see them EVERYWHERE. Since most people don't really have any education regarding sound quality, the average joe hears a bass overload and automatically loves Beats, another reason they are popular.

As for Dr. Dre not selling records anymore, that's just flat out wrong. He may not sell records with HIS name on them, but he owns Aftermath records where Eminem, 50 Cent, and recently Kendrick Lemar. Eminem's last album went 4X platinum, 50 Cent went gold, and Kendrick Lemar is gold with an album that just came out at the end of October (also a critically praised album). Dre is one of the most successful rappers/producers of all time, and although a huge chunk of his earnings come from Beats, he still makes a good amount off of music releases.

post #48 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post

Detox costs ~450$

I mean, how stupid can you get? atsmile.gif

It isn't even funny anymore how good they are selling these headphones just because they are expensive and "prestigious" 

 

 

Right... Why exactly? Because Sir Mr. Dr. Dre wears them? Because the other 100 celebrities gets paid a lot to wear them?

 

And right Detox... Well following the consumer logic, it is more expensive, so it must be better! Although I highly believe they are repainted Pros beyersmile.png

post #49 of 1217

i really do hate how people can diss beats, granted they ent the best audio manufacturer but they are far from the bottom, and compared to price range on some of the headphones i aspire to buy they are far from expensive. i own a pair of beats solos HDs among sennheiser cans and buds and i have to say the beats are quite impressive, but id like you to bear in mind i amplify all my headphones using Fiio amps, i know i wont command alot of respect as a new user with beats BUT DAMMM i look good with them on ;)

post #50 of 1217

No you don't.

post #51 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFULMTL View Post

No you don't.

 

Lol.popcorn.gif

post #52 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post

 

Lol.popcorn.gif


x 1....lol

post #53 of 1217

I think they're popular because it convinces certain people that they will be accepted by their peers, pretty obvious, actually. If it was cool to wear a tampon as an eye patch, we'd see a lot of young people with tampons on their faces...come to think of it, a lot of people do say the Beats' sloppy and excessive bass bleeds into the other frequencies (gross pun intended). New thread idea: "Beats tampon mod thread." I kill myself sometimes.
 

post #54 of 1217

I swear it's the next T50RP...get on board people - I've already trademarked the name "Thundercrotch Mod."

post #55 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

"Beats tampon mod thread."
 

Do it up, lots of pics and specs, FR graphs much detail.

Viral it would be. biggrin.gif

post #56 of 1217
I won't purchase any Monster product on principal and Beats is the perfect illustration. Monster has made a mint selling criminally overpriced garbage to the uninformed. I don't hate the headphones or their owners, I just feel the same pity for them as I do for the guy paying $75 for a 6 foot HDMI cable at Best Buy.
post #57 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dh0r53 View Post

I won't purchase any Monster product on principal and Beats is the perfect illustration. Monster has made a mint selling criminally overpriced garbage to the uninformed. I don't hate the headphones or their owners, I just feel the same pity for them as I do for the guy paying $75 for a 6 foot HDMI cable at Best Buy.


That was me at Best Buy, They were on sale for $11, that why I was buying them.  I bought 4 of them actually.  I'm not kidding either!!!

post #58 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post


That was me at Best Buy, They were on sale for $11, that why I was buying them.  I bought 4 of them actually.  I'm not kidding either!!!

Nice man, but Monoprice is your friend wink.gif
post #59 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post


That was me at Best Buy, They were on sale for $11, that why I was buying them.  I bought 4 of them actually.  I'm not kidding either!!!

 

:)  good one, of course you could have had the same cable from mono price for $3, :P

 

I personally avoid all monster products simply because i hate them for ripping people off.  It is no longer a "quality" issue for me, i would not buy a product from Monster at any price.  I place them in the same group as Monsanto, would never do business with them out of principle.

 

edit: spelling


Edited by Corryvrecken - 1/10/13 at 2:22pm
post #60 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dh0r53 View Post


Nice man, but Monoprice is your friend wink.gif


Yeah I hear ya, I'm more of a Part Express guy myself, But hey!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?