Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 14

post #196 of 423
Well, I did it. All the "hate" drove me to buy some studios. I had a gift card for $300 I hadn't used yet from xmas and I bought the matte black ones. I will compare these to my jbl s700 after I get to do some listening. Charged them up last night and haven't had time yet to do any real listening.
post #197 of 423

What a waste of $300 =/

post #198 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post

What a waste of $300 =/

Well, that's obviously a matter of opinion. Could be mine. I remember liking them when I listened a few times so I thought I'd take the plunge. I actually only paid $259 as they priced match amazon and I have 3 weeks to return if I don't like them. Still the most comfy phone I have put one, but haven't had time to listen yet
post #199 of 423

does raise a valid point that Wood, Iovine, and Dre have musical expertise in their genre

post #200 of 423
Quote:Minarets
 I have 3 weeks to return if I don't like them.

Surely, you're not gonna wait 3 weeks before returning them ? DO IT NOW........  Post haste.

post #201 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
 

does raise a valid point that Wood, Iovine, and Dre have musical expertise in their genre

 

Yeah Dre is one of the greatest producers of all time but that doesn't mean anything. He's a greedy dick and he cashed out on America's ignorance.

post #202 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post


Well, that's obviously a matter of opinion. Could be mine. I remember liking them when I listened a few times so I thought I'd take the plunge. I actually only paid $259 as they priced match amazon and I have 3 weeks to return if I don't like them. Still the most comfy phone I have put one, but haven't had time to listen yet

 

Is it more comfortable than DT880 / HD800?

post #203 of 423

Obviously not, they are also no where near in the same comfort tier as the ma900's either.

post #204 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

Is it more comfortable than DT880 / HD800?


HD800 was pretty uncomfortable for me, sure they were light, but they were humongous.

 

Now my Shure 1840's? Wow. Like putting a cloud on your head.

post #205 of 423

The reason, why audiophiles hate beats?

I guess it is so much against our philosophy. We pay loads of money to find out the best and most expensive and then do critical listening, instead of having a good time. Hope people will look up to us, because we know so well, but they don't.

 

Now comes a clever rapper, who nails together a set of headphones that sound better than Apple buds, paints them in cool colors and sells them overpriced (in our eyes). And the worst thing is: he makes a lot of money and people have a good time.

I guess, bashing this is pure envy.

 

Let us educate whoever wants to listen and leave the others in peace, so they can go on enjoying their gadgets. Dre supplies the fashion market, not the headphone market. And he uses the fashion addicted to put their money into his pockets. That's what H&M does too. (by the way: did anybody sue Dre for misusing an academic title?). 

Nobody bashed Apple for selling mediocre sounding mp3 players in flashy colors with crap earbuds. Instead, we can be thankful, because all this revived the headphone market. And the audiobook market. And the music market. And the headamp market.

 

What I don't like about that is the waste. Beats will go to garbage, HD800 will not. But that is how our economy works. It also needs very critical and educated consumers to do better. These are not the majority. Dre is not the first to use that to his advantage and to the disadvantage of the environment.


Edited by mironathetin - 1/15/14 at 3:26am
post #206 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironathetin View Post
 

The reason, why audiophiles hate beats?

I guess it is so much against our philosophy. We pay loads of money to find out the best and most expensive and then do critical listening, instead of having a good time.

Now comes a clever rapper, who nails together a set of headphones that sound better than Apple buds, paints them in cool colors and sells them overpriced (in our eyes). And the worst thing is: he makes a lot of money and people have a good time.

I guess, bashing this is pure envy.

Let us educate whoever wants to listen and leave the others in peace, so they can go on enjoying their gadgets. Nobody bashed Apple for selling mediocre sounding mp3 players with crap earbuds. Instead, we can be thankful, because all this revived the headphone market. And the audiobook market. And the music market.

 

Apple buds cost like $5.

 

Beats cost hundreds.

 

We hate them because they are crap, they sound like crap and he made millions of dollars because of a great marketing scheme. He conned a lot of people. I don't get what's hard to understand about that.

post #207 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissomebs View Post
 

 I don't get what's hard to understand about that.

Well, you don't understand it, so answer yourself.

His buyers certainly don't feel betrayed. And they can test and decide themselves. So where is your point?

post #208 of 423
Conned? Wow. Conned is certainly not the right word. Man the haters really hate.
post #209 of 423
Serious question: why do they have controls on the earcup? Someone mentioned it a few pages back.
post #210 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironathetin View Post
 

Well, you don't understand it, so answer yourself.

His buyers certainly don't feel betrayed. And they can test and decide themselves. So where is your point?

 

His buyers don't feel betrayed because they are ignorant high school kids who haven't heard better, so they automatically think it's great.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?