or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 78  

post #1156 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post
 

Idk what you guys are doing preaching about beats on the "Beats hate thread".

 

I mean, it's literally in the title. "Why do people hate beats" it's not "Why should people not hate beats?" You should really make a beats appreciation thread, or go there, if there is one already. *looks at cb3723*

 

ay mane don't be hatin' on some swag mane.  We ova hurr winnin' boah.

post #1157 of 1217
Just read a Whathifi.com post - "Do all footballers wear Beats by Dre? And are they any good?

Their conclusions - yes and no respectively.

Of course footballers aren't the sharpest tools. They can kick a ball pretty good though. I was never a fan of soccer myself.
Edited by Vero Golf Champ - 5/30/14 at 2:59pm
post #1158 of 1217
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

Idk what you guys are doing preaching about beats on the "Beats hate thread".

I mean, it's literally in the title. "Why do people hate beats" it's not "Why should people not hate beats?" You should really make a beats appreciation thread, or go there, if there is one already. *looks at cb3723*

 

So, this question / challenge from Hapster to cb3723 made me look at the OP's original post as well as his post history since his starting of this 2 year old (and going strong) thread.

 

It's actually kinda funny / sad.  Seems like he was just curious. He joined, lurked 4 months, had a flurry of posts for 3 days in late Feb 2012, bought DT990s...left Head-Fi a month later.

 

Forum Post Count:
 
10
Join Date:
 
10/1/11
 
Last Online:
 
on 4/1/12

 

Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
Good idea dude - I'm fragrantly always going off topic on the theme of this thread - my apologies redface.gif

Only reason I haven't set a beats appreciation thread is due to me thinking nobody would feel comfortable in contributing to it as here seems to be the one refuge beats appreciators feel happy to post?

*edit - what the heck - "The Real Deal Beats Appreciation Thread" is now open and all beats appreciators of any level are warmly welcomed*

 

Finally, a real thread...SUBBED.   

 

Long Live Beats!!!    ;-)

post #1159 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMe View Post

Finally, a real thread...SUBBED.   

Long Live Beats!!!    ;-)
He was being damned smart if he left after buying a pair of headphones.
post #1160 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post


He was being damned smart if he left after buying a pair of headphones.

 

Probably saved himself a ton of $$$$

post #1161 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMe View Post

Probably saved himself a ton of $$$$
Yeah, I don't even want to know how much money I've put down, nevermind some of those hardcore collectors.
post #1162 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Yeah, I don't even want to know how much money I've put down, nevermind some of those hardcore collectors.

*Cough* cb3723

But yea, here I am spending $300 on a dac, something I didn't even know I "needed" let alone existed before headfi.
post #1163 of 1217

I actually received Beats Studio as a present a week ago, but the left ear had a buzzing noise so I kindly rejected it.  I had guessed that my girlfriend took a stab at headphones as my present, but I laughed hysterically after I opened the box and saw what they were...one of the best laughs I have had in a while.  I breathed a sigh of relief when she told me she got them on a special discount.  Major thumbs up to her for trying as she knows that I recently started getting into hi-fi headphones.

 

Prior to jumping into the world of hi-fi headphones, I disliked Beats because I felt they were overhyped and had a cheap feel for the price listed.  When I got here, I realized nothing changed...except that I have choice A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc before getting the Beats.

 

Sound-wise, by personal experience, I prefer the Philips MDR-X05 over the Beats Studio.  Comfort-wise, the Studio wins...those pads are amazingly comfy and soft!  The headband might be a bit too much of a grip, though.  It felt nice for a few minutes...not sure how it would be after 30 minutes.  I thought I could wear the Bose AE2 and ATH-AD900X for at least an hour, but I felt uncomfortable after 20 minutes.

 

Well--props to Beats for their comfort and nice-looking design but for nice, bassy, rumble-y set...it seems like there are others that are just as good but not as costly (i'm sure this has been mentioned quite a few times...78 pages on this thread ,after all!).  Not trying to bash on Beats--just my personal taste.


Edited by fumobs - 5/30/14 at 2:56pm
post #1164 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post


*Cough* cb3723

But yea, here I am spending $300 on a dac, something I didn't even know I "needed" let alone existed before headfi.

Yeah, trying to figure out how much money CB's put in gives me a headache, however, I know some collectors on head-fi (look at some of the Diary threads) who would make CB's collection seem tiny and cheap.

 

Also, we have a few owners of the Orpheus on head-fi. When you get to that level, money is probably of no importance at all.

post #1165 of 1217
I just assumed each of those people owns a football team or something
post #1166 of 1217

There was a dude in the FS area who was selling all of his flagships. Easily, $100,000 worth of headphones if memory serves, including Orpheus, Abyss, Stax 009, Beyer T1, LCD-X and others. I can't even imagine it. My setup is a solid $1300 and that's MORE than enough. 

post #1167 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

I just assumed each of those people owns a football team or something

Yeah, some people make you wonder what the heck they do for a living.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

There was a dude in the FS area who was selling all of his flagships. Easily, $100,000 worth of headphones if memory serves, including Orpheus, Abyss, Stax 009, Beyer T1, LCD-X and others. I can't even imagine it. My setup is a solid $1300 and that's MORE than enough. 

That's just nuts. 

post #1168 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Golf Champ View Post

Just read a Whathifi.com post - "Do all footballers wear Beats by Dre? And are they any good?

Their conclusions - yes and no respectively.

Of course footballers aren't the sharpest tools.

 

Hey now, my son got his college paid for 'Footballing'!

 

He'd tell you the Baseball team consistently had the lowest GPA with the basketball and the 'Amuricin' football teams challenging for cellar rights.  On the other hand, the soccer teams were usually in the top three -- Men's & Women's.

 

What's funny is almost all the Brits and the German guy were sporting Beats (c'mon B&W and Senn/Beyer)!  On the other hand, the guy from France had HD25s on...

post #1169 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMe View Post

Hey now, my son got his college paid for 'Footballing'!

He'd tell you the Baseball team consistently had the lowest GPA with the basketball and the 'Amuricin' football teams challenging for cellar rights.  On the other hand, the soccer teams were usually in the top three -- Men's & Women's.

What's funny is almost all the Brits and the German guy were sporting Beats (c'mon B&W and Senn/Beyer)!  On the other hand, the guy from France had HD25s on...

Probably a little different in the home of the brave. Football, or soccer as I prefer to call it, is the preferred choice of the great unwashed in the U.K. Over there 'chavs' get their kicks from Beats.
Edited by Vero Golf Champ - 5/30/14 at 4:12pm
post #1170 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


I can tell you now that your beats bias will not allow you to hear anything else but what you want to - and you want to hate on beats - this is your reality - sorry but you have pretty much proven this, well to me anyhow, by your stating "they all sounded terrible".

Really - ALL OF THEM?rolleyes.gif

GTFOH already!

This is common reverse placebo effect caused by accepting audio snobs constant whipping of the beats brand - you are wasting your time entirely in pursuing any interest in beats products - for the entirety of your life - yes - it's that serious - you have severe audio deficit disorder - and it's almost incurable - god bless you but I honestly don't think you could survive the treatment that may uncoddle the severe damage you have exposed yourself to...

..I'm sorry for your loss, and wish you well wink.gif


biggrin.gif

Amen to that, brother!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

I think people who want a good bass response headphone, without the ugly muddled loose bass from the Beats series should try the Sony MDR-XB500, selling for $150 at Amazon. The bass on these kill the bass on Beats headphones. Give them a listen. And they don't come with horribly recessed mids and highs, unlike the Beats series. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2

 

 

The bass on these hit really hard and deep and are nice and controlled. 

 

Edit: durr, nevermind. The batteries in certain Beats headphones are for noise cancelling, correct?

 

The XB500 for $150? I think their MSRP was around $50 and that's what they used to cost. LOL

 

I pity the fool who pays $150 for them.

 

 

Seriously though, don't pay more than $70 for them. That'd just be a horrible deal and you'd be conned and scammed out of your hard earned money. Like paying $900 for the original Denon D2000. Also, the fact that they got discontinued by Sony does not make them collectors headphones. Some may own them, but no one is fooling themselves that they're actually worth anything. They were made as bassy toys, and nothing changed about that.

 

Edit: their MSRP was $79 but they used to cost somewhere around $50.

Even in the land of expensive electronics, the outdated and muddy XB500 is only $49, and that's saying something!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

so what's everyone's fave colour of the new solo2's?
anyone know if we can get a voting poll set up?
man! I love em all - but, it's a hard decision between the grey and dark blues for me -
maybe the dark blues if I had to make a choice smily_headphones1.gif

It's funny how the white Solo2's have the same color scheme as the all white Snarkitecture Beats Studios without any red accents.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post
 

Idk what you guys are doing preaching about beats on the "Beats hate thread".

 

I mean, it's literally in the title. "Why do people hate beats" it's not "Why should people not hate beats?" You should really make a beats appreciation thread, or go there, if there is one already. *looks at cb3723*

I'm in!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Good idea dude - I'm fragrantly always going off topic on the theme of this thread - my apologies redface.gif

Only reason I haven't set a beats appreciation thread is due to me thinking nobody would feel comfortable in contributing to it as here seems to be the one refuge beats appreciators feel happy to post?

*edit - what the heck - "The Real Deal Beats Appreciation Thread" is now open and all beats appreciators of any level are warmly welcomed*

That's it - I'm jumping ship

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?