or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 70  

post #1036 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
 

Beats are the equivalent of the new Jordan shoes.    They attach a famous name to a mediocre product and can charge way more for it.   Good for them if people are stupid enough to buy them.   Pretty soon all hip hop artists will have their own headphones


As a basketball player, I think your comment makes little sense.

 

Typically spending more on shoes gets you a reduced weight.  This is HUGELY important to people that play basketball competitively.  They are the shoes that pros wear.  A $60 shoe and $120 shoe are night and day different.

 

The thing with Beats is that they are not used by pros.

 

If you hate on expensive sneakers, you shouldn't because it is not your domain.

post #1037 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

ITT: nonsense from people who are more interested in making themselves feel better about what they've purchased via claiming others have inferior products.

Beats bashing and Apple hating always reminds me of little kids who get into wars about what game system is the best. It's only ever the ones who could only afford one that get into that. The people who have more than one never care. 

You know what's funniest, is when you get guys like CB who can have whatever headphones they want, and they own a few Beats and enjoy them. You'd think if Beats were so awful and not worth it he'd stick with all the non-Beats he owns. Or me, I own three laptops, and I use my Macbook Pro. You'd think if those Windows laptops were sooooo much better, they'd be the ones I use. Weird.

But by all means, everyone. Continue to think that Beats are just for idiots who follow the trends and don't know any better or Apple is expensive for no reason. I mean, it really doesn't make a difference to me, since you guys are the ones who are incapable of really thinking for yourselves.

But then, this argument as a whole is just deadhorse.gif  
by that logic, that 10,000$ windows computer is better than any Macintosh you can get. Are you going to run out and buy that 10,000$ computer now so you can come on here and say you have the most expensive computer, so its instantly the best? Also by that logic, beats are better than sennheiser HD 598's. That entire comment screamed Hippocratic nonsense. I will not elaborate further on my point. I'm done in this thread. I'm going to go find another one. It was getting old hearing the same points about beats being repeated.
post #1038 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

ITT: nonsense from people who are more interested in making themselves feel better about what they've purchased via claiming others have inferior products.

 

Beats bashing and Apple hating always reminds me of little kids who get into wars about what game system is the best. It's only ever the ones who could only afford one that get into that. The people who have more than one never care. 

 

You know what's funniest, is when you get guys like CB who can have whatever headphones they want, and they own a few Beats and enjoy them. You'd think if Beats were so awful and not worth it he'd stick with all the non-Beats he owns. Or me, I own three laptops, and I use my Macbook Pro. You'd think if those Windows laptops were sooooo much better, they'd be the ones I use. Weird.

 

But by all means, everyone. Continue to think that Beats are just for idiots who follow the trends and don't know any better or Apple is expensive for no reason. I mean, it really doesn't make a difference to me, since you guys are the ones who are incapable of really thinking for yourselves.

 

But then, this argument as a whole is just :deadhorse: 

Not for idiots.  But, you can't tell me that you couldn't spend your money better, if you did a little bit of research before hand.  And nobody says windows is better.  Coming from a linux user it might be worth the apple mark up just to get away from windows imo.  Ok and maybe Jordans are good shoes for people who actually play basketball.  But, for people who just want to look cool you can probably get a pair that's just as fashionable for less.   Sure for DJs beats might be worth it.  Appearance is a good portion of their job.   But, for the average joe looking for the best pair of headphones at a certain price point Beats won't be at the top of the list.   


Edited by mamamia88 - 5/29/14 at 7:38am
post #1039 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


-_- ... Have you considered buying and installing a new soundcard? And 4/100? That's a powerful amp lol.

Yeah, I have, but I haven't really been bothered to look for one. Right now I'm just using a splitter that lets the computer drive two headphones at once so either headphone is a bit quieter than if only one was driven.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

ITT: nonsense from people who are more interested in making themselves feel better about what they've purchased via claiming others have inferior products.

 

Beats bashing and Apple hating always reminds me of little kids who get into wars about what game system is the best. It's only ever the ones who could only afford one that get into that. The people who have more than one never care. 

 

You know what's funniest, is when you get guys like CB who can have whatever headphones they want, and they own a few Beats and enjoy them. You'd think if Beats were so awful and not worth it he'd stick with all the non-Beats he owns. Or me, I own three laptops, and I use my Macbook Pro. You'd think if those Windows laptops were sooooo much better, they'd be the ones I use. Weird.

 

But by all means, everyone. Continue to think that Beats are just for idiots who follow the trends and don't know any better or Apple is expensive for no reason. I mean, it really doesn't make a difference to me, since you guys are the ones who are incapable of really thinking for yourselves.

 

But then, this argument as a whole is just :deadhorse: 

It is. The hate on Beats really is confined to those who:

 

a) Want Beats, but can't afford them so they have to settle for something less and bash Beats to make themselves feel better

b) Are self-proclaimed "audiophiles" who think they know everything about headphones and such, and think it's cool to bash Beats

 

Anyone else couldn't give two schiits about Beats and whether or not they are good for value or if they provide high sound quality. As it is commonly said here; each to their own. 

 

You know those overly-religious people who force their own ideals and beliefs onto others who are perfectly happy with what they have? Beats bashing is like that. Trying to take away other's happiness and interests for self gratification? I'd say that's much worse than thinking Beats is a reputable brand as an audio equipment manufacturer.

post #1040 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
 

Not for idiots.  But, you can't tell me that you couldn't spend your money better, if you did a little bit of research before hand.  And nobody says windows is better.  Coming from a linux user it might be worth the apple mark up just to get away from windows imo.  Ok and maybe Jordans are good shoes for people who actually play basketball.  But, for people who just want to look cool you can probably get a pair that's just as fashionable for less.   Sure for DJs beats might be worth it.  Appearance is a good portion of their job.   But, for the average joe looking for the best pair of headphones at a certain price point Beats won't be at the top of the list.   

 

But pretty much any argument you can make about Beats is an argument you can make about anything else. The idea of "you could have done better for the money" is always true. There are so many headphones out there that there's always the real chance that you could have done better.

 

See there's this weird attitude that Beats are these horrific headphones that can't actually appeal to anyone except people buying them solely for appearances. Not true. Again, look at CB and others. Those are people who aren't buying them just to be one of the cool kids, nor are they limited to purchasing stuff at Best Buy. So why does he like his Beats? Ask yourself that.

 

Beats aren't the best, but they aren't the worst, either. I've heard plenty of "good" headphones that I'd pick the Beats over (and that includes stuff like the Grado RS2 and the HiFiMan HE400, sorry folks). But that's how personal taste works. Surprise. 

post #1041 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

 

It is. The hate on Beats really is confined to those who:

 

a) Want Beats, but can't afford them so they have to settle for something less and bash Beats to make themselves feel better

b) Are self-proclaimed "audiophiles" who think they know everything about headphones and such, and think it's cool to bash Beats

 

Bingo. No one fervently bashes something someone else has unless they're incredibly insecure about what they have. 

post #1042 of 1217

post #1043 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

But pretty much any argument you can make about Beats is an argument you can make about anything else. The idea of "you could have done better for the money" is always true. There are so many headphones out there that there's always the real chance that you could have done better.

 

See there's this weird attitude that Beats are these horrific headphones that can't actually appeal to anyone except people buying them solely for appearances. Not true. Again, look at CB and others. Those are people who aren't buying them just to be one of the cool kids, nor are they limited to purchasing stuff at Best Buy. So why does he like his Beats? Ask yourself that.

 

Beats aren't the best, but they aren't the worst, either. I've heard plenty of "good" headphones that I'd pick the Beats over (and that includes stuff like the Grado RS2 and the HiFiMan HE400, sorry folks). But that's how personal taste works. Surprise. 

You might be surprised how one's "personal taste" can quickly become everyone else's personal taste. People will never understand that different people like different things, and value things differently. Let's say you know someone who bought a $6,000 Rolex. Second hand, only tells the time and day of the month, and will stop running if not worn for a whole day or two. They could afford it without affecting their financial stability (if that's the right term), and they are perfectly happy with it. Would it be logical to tell them that they could've gotten better value with a $200 Casio G-Shock that tells time more accurately and is more resistant against water and shock? 

post #1044 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Bingo. No one fervently bashes something someone else has unless they're incredibly insecure about what they have. 
Wow. I was unsubscribing from this, and... See this. You aren't any better than me at this point. You are saying mac is the best and saying other computers are inferior. Are you insecure about your mac and trying to justify your purchase?
post #1045 of 1217

Hmm, now that Apple has officially acquired Beats, bashing one or the other means you're essentially killing two birds with one stone.

 

Apple haters and Beats haters rejoice all over the world!

post #1046 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


Wow. I was unsubscribing from this, and... See this. You aren't any better than me at this point. You are saying mac is the best and saying other computers are inferior. Are you insecure about your mac and trying to justify your purchase?

To me, a Mac is the best "one size fits all" personal computer. You've gotta hand it to Apple that they only released a number of different models of computers countable on one hand, and yet sales and customer satisfaction is so high. Macs are relatively reliable, because all hardware and software is pretty much first party, third party software is tightly controlled by the first party and f anything was to go wrong, you can happily skip to the Apple Store with your Mac and get your problem solved by a Genius at the bar full of geniuses.

 

This whole ecosystem thing is what attracts most people into buying a Mac. And have you tilted the iMac and MacBook Pro/Air screens? Their hinge's friction coefficient really makes it much easier to tilt than, say, on a typical PC monitor or laptop.

post #1047 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


Wow. I was unsubscribing from this, and... See this. You aren't any better than me at this point. You are saying mac is the best and saying other computers are inferior. Are you insecure about your mac and trying to justify your purchase?

 

I never, once, said that Mac was superior objectively, dipdoodle. I have said over... and over... and over again that I prefer my Macbook but realize that everyone has what they like best. You, repeatedly, have claimed otherwise.

 

So either you have terrible reading comprehension or you're just not able to admit when you're wrong. Either way, I'm done with you, kid. 

post #1048 of 1217

On the other hand, HP, Dell, Toshiba, Sony etc. churn out a billion models, pretty much all of which are complete crap. I've owned an HP, ASUS and a Sony laptop since Windows 8 was released, and let me tell you - it's impossible to manually restore those things to factory settings without missing at least 50 drivers after you'e done. Of course, I'm over-exaggerating, but in the end the fragmentation caused by OEMs and Microsoft makes you think why the OEMs thought it was a good idea to only 

 

Oops, we're straying off topic again!

post #1049 of 1217

To wrap it up AND bring it back on topic...

 

Man, people like what they like. Bashing is a form of insecurity. I have no need to bash what anyone likes because I've tried a bunch of stuff and am happy with what I have. If that was the case for more people then they wouldn't have to bash other stuff. It's really that simple. 

 

I honestly think that Beats could come out with the greatest headphone on the market and the Beats bashers would never, ever admit it. 

post #1050 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

I never, once, said that Mac was superior objectively, dipdoodle. I have said over... and over... and over again that I prefer my Macbook but realize that everyone has what they like best. You, repeatedly, have claimed otherwise.

 

So either you have terrible reading comprehension or you're just not able to admit when you're wrong. Either way, I'm done with you, kid. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

You might be surprised how one's "personal taste" can quickly become everyone else's personal taste.

Told you so.

 

And for what it's worth, even though I personally prefer my custom built rig, I must admit that I'm impressed at Apple's hardware. Their laptop keyboards and touchpads are a dream to use, and dat aluminum build tho. How I would kill for a MacBook that runs Windows and still gets 7+ hours battery life (or 12 in the case of the Air)...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?