Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › In the quest for more bass (a friend's question)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In the quest for more bass (a friend's question)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi there folks. A friend, who had used ep630, at cks-90 and sennheiser IE8, is looking for a better bass and clarity.

 

What would you suggest (as an IEM)? 

post #2 of 18
Hisound Popo is worth a look! Check out the reviews here. Seems like a bass machine with good SQ and soundstage.
post #3 of 18

Lot of good reviews about the Velodyne Vpulse.

post #4 of 18

Hippo VB! It has Variable Bass tuning. :)

post #5 of 18

IE8/IE80 is probably the best bass machine unless you go into customs (UM Merlin).

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post

Hippo VB! It has Variable Bass tuning. :)


+1

 

If he likes sub-bass more, there is nothing better than Hippo VB, it will literally rumble your brain

 

post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post


+1

 

If he likes sub-bass more, there is nothing better than Hippo VB, it will literally rumble your brain

 


Atrio MG7 is better overall and in the sub-bass department.

 

post #8 of 18

LOL@price range between MG7 and VB

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post

LOL@price range between MG7 and VB



Well, considering TS mentioned that the friend has owned (that's how I interpret "used") the IE8 so I don't think the price of the Atrio MG7 might be that big of an issue.. Not enough to make the suggestion a laughing matter at least.

post #10 of 18

Hippo VB is very inferior to the Atrio ever since the MG7 model came out, also the VB has a crappy build quality.

 

Nuf' said.

 

 

Although I reckon your friend will probably still like the IE8/IE80 more than any of the mentioned iems here.

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

Hippo VB is very inferior to the Atrio ever since the MG7 model came out, also the VB has a crappy build quality.

 

Nuf' said.

 

 

Although I reckon your friend will probably still like the IE8/IE80 more than any of the mentioned iems here.

 

The VB has an improved and newer version that has better build quality. The cable is now much better and I wouldn't be too worried with its overall build. I have both and yes the MG7 goes deeper and I would take the MG7 over the VB if price isn't an issue.  

 

post #12 of 18

If you decide to go with the Atrios, on the Atrio.me site, you can use the coupon code costprog50% to get the MG7s at half price.  I just ordered them yesterday smily_headphones1.gif

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2600 View Post

If you decide to go with the Atrios, on the Atrio.me site, you can use the coupon code costprog50% to get the MG7s at half price.  I just ordered them yesterday smily_headphones1.gif


Wow that coupon is still working?! eek.gif I can't even remember the member who received that coupon code from Atrio and posted it, but I think he/she really deserves a big thank you for sharing. 

 

At that price, the MG7 is a steal. 

 

post #14 of 18

The Westone 3, JVC FX700 are better sounding(higher resolutions) with deep punchy bass and offers fairly wide soundstage.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post


Atrio MG7 is better overall and in the sub-bass department.

 



And pick-up a ZO2 to go along with it  Ridiculous bass..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › In the quest for more bass (a friend's question)