This is fair point, they do just sound very true. Had mine for a few years now and have never had a bad moment with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 8307/17/14 at 10:56ampost #663 of 8307/17/14 at 11:39ampost #664 of 8307/19/14 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #665 of 8307/19/14 at 4:50ampost #666 of 8307/19/14 at 6:22am
I replaced the bulky/heavy cable with a spare iem cable (JH16). It's much lighter and convenient. I use my DT250 as an alternate to my Roxanne for mobile use. Not bulky for an over-the ear phone. Light and very comfortable. Isolation is excellent.post #667 of 8307/20/14 at 6:22pm
q701 has a boosted upper region and of course a wider soundstage
dt250 lets you hear what's going on in the song while q701 overwhelms with it's upper region and masks everything else
dt250 sounds a bit like my modded t50rp in that it lets you hear everything without boosting anythingpost #668 of 8307/20/14 at 11:19pm
6 hours of listening: very nice. can hear some FR inconsistencies between the drivers while listening to a frequency sweep though.
They sound pleasant, flat. Bass is really good. Just ordered some silverstone damping foam, will try to mod these a bit cause I can feel the pad rumble on Jen Chapin - You Haven't Done Nothin'post #669 of 8307/21/14 at 10:08amDid you use the longer replacement plug? Any problems with microphonics?post #670 of 8307/21/14 at 10:14ampost #671 of 8307/21/14 at 10:16ampost #672 of 8307/21/14 at 10:20ampost #673 of 8307/26/14 at 12:03amHello. I have a question: Is DT250 very bass-shy? I don't own a dt250 but a dt294 headset 80 Ohm (I found cheap used one) on which I took off the microphone. But for my findings they are way too bass shy. After adding 10 dB of bass amplification in rockbox they have still weaker bass than a HD650 or Creative Aurvana Live! .
Does the dt294 differ from the regular dt250 or am I maybe biased because I had a dt770 & dt1350 before that have strong bass. I'm asking because I consider getting a dt250-250 if it has mor bass than my dt294. Thanks
Edited by cholero - 7/26/14 at 12:04ampost #674 of 8307/26/14 at 12:25am
The DT294 is the same as the DT250, except that it has the DM290 microphone. So soundwise they are identical.
But there is always the 80 ohm v. 250 ohm question. I only have the 80 ohm version, so I'm not shure if the 250 ohm version will give you more bass. But I'm pretty sure it will not have bass like neither the DT770 nor the DT1350.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex Flagship Earphones TE-07 3 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio K10U or JH Audio Angie 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2