The graphs look very similar on the 80 ohm and 250 are very close overall minus the slight midbass hump below 500hz and slightly rolled off treble somewhere above 10,000hz. 500hz to 10000hz is very close. I wonder how much of the difference in graphs has to do with positioning and the amp they used handling the 80 and 250 ohm version differently. Regardless they both look very balanced sounding compared to most phones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 8643/6/12 at 8:40pmThread Starter
I just listened to my friend's magnepan mmgs again today and it just reminded me that the closest to the magnepan sound among all headphones I have ever owned or heard is my dt250-250. The dt250s extend lower in the bass though.post #48 of 8643/6/12 at 9:33pmpost #49 of 8643/6/12 at 10:43pmThread Starterpost #50 of 8643/6/12 at 11:00pmOh I thought you talking about symphones magnums. I have recently got a pair and am enjoying them immensely. My favourite headphone till then was the dt250 but I wanted an open can that I can listen to at low volume so I can hear the kids through the baby monitor. I googled the speakers you are referring to and am curious to hear them as the dt250 balance is just right to my ears. Have you heard the magnums? I have the v4 and I think if you like the dt250 your gonna love the v4 magnumspost #51 of 8643/6/12 at 11:15pmThread Starterpost #52 of 8643/7/12 at 1:34ampost #53 of 8643/7/12 at 1:38amThread Starter
Back to the dt250... I think my journey has ended. These cans just let me enjoy the music like no other. I am now liking them more than the hd600s which get a little too wide sounding at times without crossfeed while the dt250s always just sound right. I don't even want to go to the finnicky high end stuff anymore since those wide sounding cans with super detail always have a big peak or dip somewhere that stick out like a sore thumb. I mean even an HE6 is not as enjoyable to me as the dt250-250.post #54 of 8643/7/12 at 2:00am
yeah i love the dt250 as well. it has made my search for an open equivalent very difficult. the hd650 doesnt have the same excitement factor as the dt250 i had both models for a while and chose the 80 ohm model for its more forward vocals but if i had never contrasted them and i had only heard the 250ohm i would have been just as happy with them. actually i would have loved to have kept both but i found myself constantly reaching for the 80 ahead of the 250 and felt that i should only keep one and use the funds to help finance future upgrades.post #55 of 8643/7/12 at 2:57amThread Starter
I might also get the 80 ohm model at the same time LOL. So far as the thinner vocals, maybe its just an amp matching thing because the 80 ohm can does need a different kind of amp. What were you running them out of by the way?post #56 of 8643/7/12 at 3:58pmpost #57 of 8643/8/12 at 7:00am
The open equivalent of the DT250 is the DT880... It has the same treble and bass, with a slight bit less mids, but you get a much better soundstage... The mids are a little recessed but not as much as people would have you believe on these boards, it sounds extremely flat.
Quote:Originally Posted by bookaboo
yeah i love the dt250 as well. it has made my search for an open equivalent very difficult. the hd650 doesnt have the same excitement factor as the dt250 i had both models for a while and chose the 80 ohm model for its more forward vocals but if i had never contrasted them and i had only heard the 250ohm i would have been just as happy with them. actually i would have loved to have kept both but i found myself constantly reaching for the 80 ahead of the 250 and felt that i should only keep one and use the funds to help finance future upgrades.post #58 of 8643/8/12 at 2:50pmThread Starter
I respectfully disagree. I find the dt440/880/990/770 to have a totally different sound than the dt250. The sennheiser hd600s sound more similar to the dt250 than the dt880 IMO. About the soundstage and the mids, i find the dt250s to be just right while the open cans are just too wide giving them a hollowness to the mids that is not present on the dt250. What I am saying is that I actually prefer the dt250 overall against all those cans I mentioned.post #59 of 8643/8/12 at 10:32pm
IMO, the HD600 has similar bass and mids to the DT250; however, the DT250s treble is very Beyerdynamic-style, and this is the biggest thing it shares with the DT880. I don't think the DT770 sounds like the DT880, IMO the DT250 sounds more similar to it.
I guess the treble is the thing I like most about the DT250. The bass and mids are simply flat, as they should be in a monitor....
Quote:Originally Posted by donunus
I respectfully disagree. I find the dt440/880/990/770 to have a totally different sound than the dt250. The sennheiser hd600s sound more similar to the dt250 than the dt880 IMO. About the soundstage and the mids, i find the dt250s to be just right while the open cans are just too wide giving them a hollowness to the mids that is not present on the dt250. What I am saying is that I actually prefer the dt250 overall against all those cans I mentioned.post #60 of 8643/9/12 at 6:08am
I agree with jupitreas . From all the headphones i have owned so far the DT250 are the best. Actually after buying them, i was so satisfied with their performance (with different headphone amps & headphone cd outputs & even the sound coming from a standard PC) that i gave the other headphones to friends. I have the 80ohm version, very easy to drive & yes they have that monitor flat sound, which means you hear exactly what you get from the amp you use & they reveal the actual production quality from every CD you listen too.
Edited by vmedchagr - 3/9/12 at 6:11am
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 23 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Best dac/amp for PS4 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear