The portapro has layering? I didn't hear any when i had mine. The dt250-250 is pretty much one of the most coherent cans I've owned so far as having a cohesive frequency response and a speakerlike soundstage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 16post #226 of 8266/1/12 at 10:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 8266/3/12 at 1:41pm
My bad, it was probably just the treble in the Porta Pros that took me.
Are there differences in treble between the 250ohm and 80ohm models of the DT250? Or any other differences between the two DT250 models that I should be aware of?
I've got the 80ohm running just off a FiiO E7 at the moment and I was wondering if it might be worth upgrading?
Edited by namaiki - 6/3/12 at 1:44pmpost #228 of 8266/3/12 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #229 of 8266/4/12 at 3:44ampost #230 of 8266/4/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by MDR30
Video from the plant in Heilbronn:
Yeah, right . I am accuracy. I am sound. I am precision. I am passion. I am innovation. I am individuality. I am the future. I am emotion. I am quality. I am experience.
and I'm with bloody one channel again!!
back they go
Edited by BrainFood - 6/4/12 at 2:00pmpost #231 of 8266/5/12 at 2:30pmpost #232 of 8266/6/12 at 12:31ampost #233 of 8266/6/12 at 2:25amQuote:
No it's the same (first) pair playing up again . It's no big deal though.
I just thought the silly corporate lines in that video were rather ironic..
Edited by BrainFood - 6/6/12 at 3:15ampost #234 of 8266/8/12 at 9:59pm
Could someone please recommend a portable amp for the DT250 80 ohm version? Doesn't need to be especially small (must be transportable and run from a battery). Budget is approx $300.00.
Thankspost #235 of 8266/9/12 at 4:08am
It's a little heavy (250 grams) and bulky for a pocket but this amp comes highly recommended. I'm about to order myself.
Might just leave it on the high gain setting and use it with the DT250 (250) and orthos. No need to worry about battery life with the 500 mA upgrade ;)post #236 of 8266/9/12 at 4:56ampost #237 of 8266/9/12 at 5:06am
For sure. The amp won't be shipped until after the 15th, so give me a bit ;)
FWIW, I heard back from Beyer, who informed me that the correct straight cable for the 250 is in fact the K250.07 available from here in the UK:
Have amended earlier posts.post #238 of 8266/9/12 at 5:23amQuote:
Looking at your equipment list, is it still worth holding onto the DT150's at the same time as the DT250's (250)?
Edited by BrainFood - 6/9/12 at 5:44ampost #239 of 8266/9/12 at 5:30amThread Starterpost #240 of 8266/9/12 at 5:57amQuote:
Hmmmm. To me they are different beasts as I think you know already? (from your profile's FS labels)
The 150s came first based on a large number of enthusiastic reviews vs 250-250s (!). Right now though they are gathering dust and have been for many months but I find I come back to 'dusty' cans and amps months and years later to hear something new and exciting (this week de-foamed HD650s!). The answer to your question is probably 'no' but I am somewhat of a hoarder .
The 150s have a mid-bass hump to me which with certain amps and material is pretty annoying. Interestingly, to my ears, they almost sound better out of less powerful amps (Slee Voyager) and are certainly more engaging from that portable amp than the 250s. Hence my Q on the Neco. The 150s isolation is a 1-2 steps above the 250s. The 250s' isolation was its biggest disappointment to me (I use pleather by choice).
Overall the 250s are a class above in balance, imaging and coherence. Vocals are excellent!
What are you thoughts?
The amp from NWAVGUY? interesting to hear that after all the noise online... !
PPS Brainfood, would you please be kind enough to post a few comments on the HE500 from a 250-250 listener's p.o.v? I am toying with a big investment in something open backed... hd800/he500/T1 are all on my shortlist.
Edited by jamescodway - 6/9/12 at 6:31am
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 50 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 6 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 8 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)