May I ask why the Ultrasone pro 750's were garbage in your opinion?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 8644/13/12 at 8:23amThread Starter
They just didn't sound natural at all to me. Plasticky sounding instruments, weird reverb, the bass wasn't anything special, highs were harsh. Basically among the few dozen headphones I've owned the proline 750 is the one I would actually rank to have the lowest bang for the buck factor among them all.post #153 of 8644/13/12 at 8:49am
Thats understandable, but the pro 750's require an extreme amount of burn in time. From what I hear on the b+h photo and amazon reviews, It requires at least 2 months. That's a lot of hours. Like a said, No headphones perfect. All headphones are always going to have that one category that lowers their "bang for the buck" capabilities. Since I've seen so many exemplary reviews and it has some unique features, I want to see what these are made. If their sound is plastic like, that is perfectly fine. I just learn from my mistakes. I'm no audiophile anyway. I hear the bass is very punchy. Maybe too flat or too natural. But how do I know unless, I give my ears a chance to listen to them? I still think they will be a major upgrade to my sony mdr 7506post #154 of 8644/13/12 at 12:20pmThread Starter
try them out i guess but lemme just say that the burn in on those guys are mostly psychological. There are only a few cans I've tried out of all Ive ever had that really changed physically. I know this because I have a benchmark for comparison everytime. ex my hd555 was super bright and full of reverb out of the box then became warm and smooth after about 100 to 200 hours of use. I compared them with a px100 out of the box and the px remained the same while the hd555 changed a lot in comparison with the PX100 during the first hundred hours.
The proline never changed. i got them used and they sounded like crap on the first hour til the hour I sold them. I also know what I like already since I have been an audiophile for 25 years at least. I get affected less by psychological burn in than newbies so I know whether the sound is really something i liked to begin with or if it is something I just got accustomed to. So far as headphones are concerned, the dt250-250 ohm are really nice in that I liked them from the start and I still like them now even compared with a bunch of other headphones including the well acclaimed hd600 which I love quite a bit.post #155 of 8644/13/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #156 of 8644/14/12 at 10:21am
I've had a pretty similar experience with the Ultrasone Pro 900. They build quality is really nice but the sound is very difficult to like, IMO. Very metallic and artificial sound, with lots of weird reverb in the mids. The bass was admittedly great (amongst the best actually) but the mids and treble made them very fatiguing, very quickly.post #157 of 8644/15/12 at 4:14amQuote:
Hello from the UK... I'd be intesrested in some elaboration on this obervation. I have no axe to sharpen, just wondering ... having more or less abandoned hd650/k701/rs1, planning currently to stick with hd25/dt250-250 plus dt48/srh940/hd250 but also wondering about t1/hd800/lcd2/he500... what's the story?
Jamespost #158 of 8644/15/12 at 4:19amThread Starter
hahaha alright lets just say that the he6 is not a headphone that caters to my tastes. They are just too bright sounding for me. They are of course technically better headphones than the dt250... I just didn't find them to sound very natural out of the amp that I tried them with (Audiolab 8000A out of the speaker jack) due to their excessive brightness.post #159 of 8644/15/12 at 4:36am
Thanks! Understood. Even as my ears get older, I still find myself shy of bright cans/setups, though perhaps a little less so than before.
My favourite amp for the dt250-250s is an old consonance cyber 20 basic which I had almost abandoned but it creates a great soundstage and delivers the dt250s brilliant mids very well without making them totally dominant as the Graham Slee Ultra Linear can do. Shame the internal psu delivers low level mains hum (more of a problem with lower ohm cans).
You're happy and settled with your jds cmoy?
Jamespost #160 of 8644/15/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
The cmoy is a great match with the dt250-250 for such a low price but I could definitely use something better in the higher price ranges. I just don't know what to get quite yet.post #161 of 8644/18/12 at 3:10pmQuote:
I am far more interested in the cable - where on earth did you get that nice little straight cable?post #162 of 8644/19/12 at 12:15am
It's the stock coiled cable. I simply cut it above the coiled bit and re-terminated it with a Neutrik socket.Quote:post #163 of 8644/19/12 at 12:27ampost #164 of 8644/30/12 at 7:39am
Would appreciate a comparison of the DT250 v DT150 from anyone who's heard both. I like the 150's quite a lot although they could be a smidgeon airier, have tighter bass and be more comfortable. I guess that's nitpicking though considering their low costpost #165 of 8644/30/12 at 8:03amThread Starter
what pads are you using with your dt150s? Stock? if that is so then the dt250 is far superior IMO. The dt150 gets better with the dt100 velour pads without the inner foam and sounds similar to the dt250-80 that way but the dt250-250 is still the best among the three if neutrality/naturalness is what you are after.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR100. 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 7 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 - NEW - Box Opened once 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 11 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear