This is fair point, they do just sound very true. Had mine for a few years now and have never had a bad moment with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 7167/17/14 at 10:56ampost #663 of 7167/17/14 at 11:39ampost #664 of 7167/19/14 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #665 of 7167/19/14 at 4:50ampost #666 of 7167/19/14 at 6:22am
I replaced the bulky/heavy cable with a spare iem cable (JH16). It's much lighter and convenient. I use my DT250 as an alternate to my Roxanne for mobile use. Not bulky for an over-the ear phone. Light and very comfortable. Isolation is excellent.post #667 of 7167/20/14 at 6:22pm
q701 has a boosted upper region and of course a wider soundstage
dt250 lets you hear what's going on in the song while q701 overwhelms with it's upper region and masks everything else
dt250 sounds a bit like my modded t50rp in that it lets you hear everything without boosting anythingpost #668 of 7167/20/14 at 11:19pm
6 hours of listening: very nice. can hear some FR inconsistencies between the drivers while listening to a frequency sweep though.
They sound pleasant, flat. Bass is really good. Just ordered some silverstone damping foam, will try to mod these a bit cause I can feel the pad rumble on Jen Chapin - You Haven't Done Nothin'post #669 of 7167/21/14 at 10:08amDid you use the longer replacement plug? Any problems with microphonics?post #670 of 7167/21/14 at 10:14ampost #671 of 7167/21/14 at 10:16ampost #672 of 7167/21/14 at 10:20ampost #673 of 7167/26/14 at 12:03amHello. I have a question: Is DT250 very bass-shy? I don't own a dt250 but a dt294 headset 80 Ohm (I found cheap used one) on which I took off the microphone. But for my findings they are way too bass shy. After adding 10 dB of bass amplification in rockbox they have still weaker bass than a HD650 or Creative Aurvana Live! .
Does the dt294 differ from the regular dt250 or am I maybe biased because I had a dt770 & dt1350 before that have strong bass. I'm asking because I consider getting a dt250-250 if it has mor bass than my dt294. Thanks
Edited by cholero - 7/26/14 at 12:04ampost #674 of 7167/26/14 at 12:25am
The DT294 is the same as the DT250, except that it has the DM290 microphone. So soundwise they are identical.
But there is always the 80 ohm v. 250 ohm question. I only have the 80 ohm version, so I'm not shure if the 250 ohm version will give you more bass. But I'm pretty sure it will not have bass like neither the DT770 nor the DT1350.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE800 *Like New* 12 seconds ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Noble Audio Cable Review - Unbeatable - The Pinnacle of C/IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)