This is fair point, they do just sound very true. Had mine for a few years now and have never had a bad moment with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 7817/17/14 at 10:56ampost #663 of 7817/17/14 at 11:39ampost #664 of 7817/19/14 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #665 of 7817/19/14 at 4:50ampost #666 of 7817/19/14 at 6:22am
I replaced the bulky/heavy cable with a spare iem cable (JH16). It's much lighter and convenient. I use my DT250 as an alternate to my Roxanne for mobile use. Not bulky for an over-the ear phone. Light and very comfortable. Isolation is excellent.post #667 of 7817/20/14 at 6:22pm
q701 has a boosted upper region and of course a wider soundstage
dt250 lets you hear what's going on in the song while q701 overwhelms with it's upper region and masks everything else
dt250 sounds a bit like my modded t50rp in that it lets you hear everything without boosting anythingpost #668 of 7817/20/14 at 11:19pm
6 hours of listening: very nice. can hear some FR inconsistencies between the drivers while listening to a frequency sweep though.
They sound pleasant, flat. Bass is really good. Just ordered some silverstone damping foam, will try to mod these a bit cause I can feel the pad rumble on Jen Chapin - You Haven't Done Nothin'post #669 of 7817/21/14 at 10:08amDid you use the longer replacement plug? Any problems with microphonics?post #670 of 7817/21/14 at 10:14ampost #671 of 7817/21/14 at 10:16ampost #672 of 7817/21/14 at 10:20ampost #673 of 7817/26/14 at 12:03amHello. I have a question: Is DT250 very bass-shy? I don't own a dt250 but a dt294 headset 80 Ohm (I found cheap used one) on which I took off the microphone. But for my findings they are way too bass shy. After adding 10 dB of bass amplification in rockbox they have still weaker bass than a HD650 or Creative Aurvana Live! .
Does the dt294 differ from the regular dt250 or am I maybe biased because I had a dt770 & dt1350 before that have strong bass. I'm asking because I consider getting a dt250-250 if it has mor bass than my dt294. Thanks
Edited by cholero - 7/26/14 at 12:04ampost #674 of 7817/26/14 at 12:25am
The DT294 is the same as the DT250, except that it has the DM290 microphone. So soundwise they are identical.
But there is always the 80 ohm v. 250 ohm question. I only have the 80 ohm version, so I'm not shure if the 250 ohm version will give you more bass. But I'm pretty sure it will not have bass like neither the DT770 nor the DT1350.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 7 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › A sub 100$ open full size? 36 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Over ear Headphones or IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › The Baby Orpheus Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 4 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3