This is fair point, they do just sound very true. Had mine for a few years now and have never had a bad moment with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 7337/17/14 at 10:56ampost #663 of 7337/17/14 at 11:39ampost #664 of 7337/19/14 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #665 of 7337/19/14 at 4:50ampost #666 of 7337/19/14 at 6:22am
I replaced the bulky/heavy cable with a spare iem cable (JH16). It's much lighter and convenient. I use my DT250 as an alternate to my Roxanne for mobile use. Not bulky for an over-the ear phone. Light and very comfortable. Isolation is excellent.post #667 of 7337/20/14 at 6:22pm
q701 has a boosted upper region and of course a wider soundstage
dt250 lets you hear what's going on in the song while q701 overwhelms with it's upper region and masks everything else
dt250 sounds a bit like my modded t50rp in that it lets you hear everything without boosting anythingpost #668 of 7337/20/14 at 11:19pm
6 hours of listening: very nice. can hear some FR inconsistencies between the drivers while listening to a frequency sweep though.
They sound pleasant, flat. Bass is really good. Just ordered some silverstone damping foam, will try to mod these a bit cause I can feel the pad rumble on Jen Chapin - You Haven't Done Nothin'post #669 of 7337/21/14 at 10:08amDid you use the longer replacement plug? Any problems with microphonics?post #670 of 7337/21/14 at 10:14ampost #671 of 7337/21/14 at 10:16ampost #672 of 7337/21/14 at 10:20ampost #673 of 7337/26/14 at 12:03amHello. I have a question: Is DT250 very bass-shy? I don't own a dt250 but a dt294 headset 80 Ohm (I found cheap used one) on which I took off the microphone. But for my findings they are way too bass shy. After adding 10 dB of bass amplification in rockbox they have still weaker bass than a HD650 or Creative Aurvana Live! .
Does the dt294 differ from the regular dt250 or am I maybe biased because I had a dt770 & dt1350 before that have strong bass. I'm asking because I consider getting a dt250-250 if it has mor bass than my dt294. Thanks
Edited by cholero - 7/26/14 at 12:04ampost #674 of 7337/26/14 at 12:25am
The DT294 is the same as the DT250, except that it has the DM290 microphone. So soundwise they are identical.
But there is always the 80 ohm v. 250 ohm question. I only have the 80 ohm version, so I'm not shure if the 250 ohm version will give you more bass. But I'm pretty sure it will not have bass like neither the DT770 nor the DT1350.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › STAX SR-007MK2 with MK1 drivers? 5 seconds ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 25 seconds ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 37 seconds ago
- › IC: NIB Mousai MSD 192 DAC 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Which earbuds should I buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › AK240 Balanced RSA cable 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 6 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)