- 1,014 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 38post #556 of 7819/17/13 at 11:47pmIm not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 7819/18/13 at 12:06ampost #558 of 7819/18/13 at 12:12amQuote:Having hd580 and dt250-250 side by side, I would say the latter is more natural and speaker-like to me. More fun to listen to. I assume hd580 and hd600 are similar. Although Hd580 has more detail emphasis and sound stage, I think I will keep searching for the open back version of dt250-250.Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Im not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.post #559 of 7819/18/13 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #560 of 7819/18/13 at 1:30pm
Well, if they cancelled previous orders, they still have the offer available, so I had to place my order. We'll see. Worth a try. $27.80 with free Super Saver shipping.
At around $160 these are one of the best purchases I've ever made.post #561 of 7819/18/13 at 5:52pm
well I for one am glad it at least has brought some interest to these.
Hard to get them out of my mind, especially after reading this thread though end to end then again skimming it.
Appreciate everyone's impressions and input.post #562 of 7819/18/13 at 6:35pmpost #563 of 7819/18/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
You're telling me! I had to stop after reading the 1st and last 5 pages because I started lusting after them too much. C'mon amazon, be nice!post #564 of 7819/18/13 at 6:54pmpost #565 of 7819/18/13 at 8:11pmWill reading the entire thread make me feel better once amazon denies me? I didn't think so lol!post #566 of 7819/18/13 at 11:41pmThread Starter
After reading the thread you will feel that even at 160 to $200, they are still a great value. Lets cut to the chase... these sound better than the Hifiman HE6, Sennheiser HD650, lots of open cans, and all the other closed cans I've tried:D
Edited by donunus - 9/18/13 at 11:43pmpost #567 of 7819/18/13 at 11:44pmThread Starter
The only things about these cans where they can't compete with the top cans is in dynamics and low level detail. Soundstage although not all that big on these cans is quite nice and round especially for a closed headphone. Tonality is their strong suit.post #568 of 7819/19/13 at 2:19amQuote:
That definitely sounds like hype. Hype helps no one.post #569 of 7819/19/13 at 3:37ampost #570 of 7819/19/13 at 3:54amThread Starter
They do hold their own and probably sound closest to the hd600 compared to any other closed headphone out there but of course sennheiser has their signature buttery mids that the beyers lack plus the senns soundstage is wider. Still, the beyers soundstage is more speakerlike to me. When listening to speakers, the sound doesn't spread so wide :D
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 39 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Any meets in the Wisconsin Area? (Milwaukee, Madison, Fox Valley,... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Spacious Cups? 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2