- 1,014 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 38post #556 of 8119/17/13 at 11:47pmIm not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 8119/18/13 at 12:06ampost #558 of 8119/18/13 at 12:12amQuote:Having hd580 and dt250-250 side by side, I would say the latter is more natural and speaker-like to me. More fun to listen to. I assume hd580 and hd600 are similar. Although Hd580 has more detail emphasis and sound stage, I think I will keep searching for the open back version of dt250-250.Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Im not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.post #559 of 8119/18/13 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #560 of 8119/18/13 at 1:30pm
Well, if they cancelled previous orders, they still have the offer available, so I had to place my order. We'll see. Worth a try. $27.80 with free Super Saver shipping.
At around $160 these are one of the best purchases I've ever made.post #561 of 8119/18/13 at 5:52pm
well I for one am glad it at least has brought some interest to these.
Hard to get them out of my mind, especially after reading this thread though end to end then again skimming it.
Appreciate everyone's impressions and input.post #562 of 8119/18/13 at 6:35pmpost #563 of 8119/18/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
You're telling me! I had to stop after reading the 1st and last 5 pages because I started lusting after them too much. C'mon amazon, be nice!post #564 of 8119/18/13 at 6:54pmpost #565 of 8119/18/13 at 8:11pmWill reading the entire thread make me feel better once amazon denies me? I didn't think so lol!post #566 of 8119/18/13 at 11:41pmThread Starter
After reading the thread you will feel that even at 160 to $200, they are still a great value. Lets cut to the chase... these sound better than the Hifiman HE6, Sennheiser HD650, lots of open cans, and all the other closed cans I've tried:D
Edited by donunus - 9/18/13 at 11:43pmpost #567 of 8119/18/13 at 11:44pmThread Starter
The only things about these cans where they can't compete with the top cans is in dynamics and low level detail. Soundstage although not all that big on these cans is quite nice and round especially for a closed headphone. Tonality is their strong suit.post #568 of 8119/19/13 at 2:19amQuote:
That definitely sounds like hype. Hype helps no one.post #569 of 8119/19/13 at 3:37ampost #570 of 8119/19/13 at 3:54amThread Starter
They do hold their own and probably sound closest to the hd600 compared to any other closed headphone out there but of course sennheiser has their signature buttery mids that the beyers lack plus the senns soundstage is wider. Still, the beyers soundstage is more speakerlike to me. When listening to speakers, the sound doesn't spread so wide :D
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 18 seconds ago
- › La Figaro 339 22 seconds ago
- › PS4 Gaming without virtual surround sound? 25 seconds ago
- › New Stoner Acoustics Ruby Portable Amplifier 42 seconds ago
- › Full sized closed over ear headphone recommendations for around... 51 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Apple Touch 5G - Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2