- 992 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 38post #556 of 7269/17/13 at 11:47pmIm not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 7269/18/13 at 12:06ampost #558 of 7269/18/13 at 12:12amQuote:Having hd580 and dt250-250 side by side, I would say the latter is more natural and speaker-like to me. More fun to listen to. I assume hd580 and hd600 are similar. Although Hd580 has more detail emphasis and sound stage, I think I will keep searching for the open back version of dt250-250.Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Im not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.post #559 of 7269/18/13 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #560 of 7269/18/13 at 1:30pm
Well, if they cancelled previous orders, they still have the offer available, so I had to place my order. We'll see. Worth a try. $27.80 with free Super Saver shipping.
At around $160 these are one of the best purchases I've ever made.post #561 of 7269/18/13 at 5:52pm
well I for one am glad it at least has brought some interest to these.
Hard to get them out of my mind, especially after reading this thread though end to end then again skimming it.
Appreciate everyone's impressions and input.post #562 of 7269/18/13 at 6:35pmpost #563 of 7269/18/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
You're telling me! I had to stop after reading the 1st and last 5 pages because I started lusting after them too much. C'mon amazon, be nice!post #564 of 7269/18/13 at 6:54pmpost #565 of 7269/18/13 at 8:11pmWill reading the entire thread make me feel better once amazon denies me? I didn't think so lol!post #566 of 7269/18/13 at 11:41pmThread Starter
After reading the thread you will feel that even at 160 to $200, they are still a great value. Lets cut to the chase... these sound better than the Hifiman HE6, Sennheiser HD650, lots of open cans, and all the other closed cans I've tried:D
Edited by donunus - 9/18/13 at 11:43pmpost #567 of 7269/18/13 at 11:44pmThread Starter
The only things about these cans where they can't compete with the top cans is in dynamics and low level detail. Soundstage although not all that big on these cans is quite nice and round especially for a closed headphone. Tonality is their strong suit.post #568 of 7269/19/13 at 2:19amQuote:
That definitely sounds like hype. Hype helps no one.post #569 of 7269/19/13 at 3:37ampost #570 of 7269/19/13 at 3:54amThread Starter
They do hold their own and probably sound closest to the hd600 compared to any other closed headphone out there but of course sennheiser has their signature buttery mids that the beyers lack plus the senns soundstage is wider. Still, the beyers soundstage is more speakerlike to me. When listening to speakers, the sound doesn't spread so wide :D
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 2014 bay area little big meet impressions 23 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 42 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)