I actually just listened to them with the fiio e12 and an ALO international and I still prefer them a little more on the o2
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 26post #376 of 6722/2/13 at 3:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 6723/4/13 at 2:01am
this is my first post on this forum
i've just bought a DT-250 / 80
1/ I use it to play electric guitar silently at night : very very good result ! it's like my head is sticked inside my amp !!
2/ I also use it to listen music (and voice podcast) on the train daily.
my mp3 player is a Cowon D2+
I find the headphone a little harsh on trebles
do you have this feeling ?
i'm trying to do my best with EQ and BBE plugins (native on every Cowon player) and it's quite ok but sill a little too bright
but very articulate
every detail shines
my question for you :
do you use to set set particular EQ for your DT250 ? what kind of settings ?
I've studied the DT250 graph (find somewhere on this forum) and tried to fill in the holes :
(around 400 hz and 7 khz)
post #378 of 6723/4/13 at 2:17am
Did you try lowering at around 9-10Khz? Though I found the DT250 not particularly fatiguing unless listening too loud. Also, try adjust your earcups up or down one notch.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 2:18ampost #379 of 6723/4/13 at 2:53ampost #380 of 6723/4/13 at 3:02ampost #381 of 6723/4/13 at 3:06am
for the first try yes, i've use it flat
maybe i should try again, but it's hard to fine the perfect tuning, it can take weeks !
do you adjust EQ when using your DT250 ?
my previous headphone was a Shure SRH440
nice headphones but bad build quality
the arch broke after only 2 years !
post #382 of 6723/4/13 at 3:32am
I rarely/never EQ for my normal listening. Maybe try use your DT250-80 for a day or two without EQ first. My DT250 look nearly as I first bought them besides some fluff on the earpads. Also be a little bit careful about getting the curl of the cord caught on anything.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 3:36ampost #383 of 6723/4/13 at 3:37amHello. I've joined this forum specifically to ask about my 80 ohm dt250's. They are the first midprice-ish headphones i've had, bought on amazon from amazon themselves and although they are good i'm still a bit disappointed and wondering if there's something up with them or whether it's just what i'm using them with.
To me they sound to have a mid-range-biased sound. If they are intended to give an accurate rather than flattering impression the bass still seems a bit muted, and i don't even listen to bassy music, just having owned many musical instruments i listen for fidelity to what i've played.
I use them with my homebuilt pc, and in windows media player i boost about 4db at about 60hz and 16khz, and cut 2db at 900hz which seems to be where the, to me, wrong emphasis is. I approximate the same eq with linux or windows, and also on my kobo arc android tablet and sansa clip, the latter usually paired with koss ksc75's and a more apt eq for them.
I've also tried them with my digital piano but they are not as warm or bassy as some £30 sony's from argos.
I use a fiio e5 often with the tablet and always with the piano.
Is my impression of these 'phones because i'm not using premium hifi separates possibly? I will probably keep them because they are overall the best i have, though i continue to be awed by my ten quid ksc75's and porta pros.
Or does it sound to dt250 fans that i have a subjective but accurate view, and is unlikely that they have or could have a fault? By the way, i've had them maybe a month and given my quietish 41 year old's tastes they may not be optimumly burnt in. (Maybe i need to leave them running while i'm away with rock i no longer listen to on but would that really do much?)
Thanks for all feedback, and pardon the fairly layman-like terminology.
(edited to add the 80 ohm detail)
Edited by unclematerial - 3/4/13 at 4:46ampost #384 of 6723/4/13 at 3:52am
Do you have the DT250-80 or DT250-250s? Sounds like the 80 ohm version if you are raising 4db at 16KHz. The way I remember them is that they sound rather plain, but they don't really do anything wrong.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 3:57ampost #385 of 6723/4/13 at 4:24am
I will try to use them flat for a while, thanks for the idea.
one more remark :
I use them with a Cowon D2+ player
the volume scale goes up to 50.
to have a nice volume (outdoor/train) I need to set the volume to 40 for music and near 50 for voice podcasts
(it was around 25 with my Shure SRH440 - it has a lower impedance).
I hope the volume of my Cowon is linear and doesn't add any saturation...post #386 of 6723/4/13 at 4:40ampost #387 of 6723/4/13 at 5:48am
For me they are not so boring
they are studio headphones, not really dedicated to listen music in a train like I use to do
and this is why i've bought them : to play my guitar at night
I am currently setting up my EQ flat, then I'll try to lower progressively the treble around 9 khzpost #388 of 6723/4/13 at 1:54pmThread Starter
The reason why the dt250-80 is fatiguing is because they rolloff the treble above the peak. The dt250-250 has no such issue. If you could still trade in your cans for the 250 ohm version, do it :)post #389 of 6723/4/13 at 3:04pmpost #390 of 6723/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Namaiki, what do you hear in particular that would make you suggest this, in spite of enjoying the overall trble response? Was it simply based on that plot (or another)?
I was only going by on the golden ears CSD graph. Personally, I don't find the DT250-80s fatiguing at all and I preferred them over the DT250-250s for that reason. Though the 250 ohm is technically better, I seem to like how the 80 ohm sounds dark, a bit dry in the middle and still fudgy/bassy at the bottom.
Talking about that peak (which isn't really razor sharp), I think it makes the headphones sound more open.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 5:28pm
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)