I actually just listened to them with the fiio e12 and an ALO international and I still prefer them a little more on the o2
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 26post #376 of 6842/2/13 at 3:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 6843/4/13 at 2:01am
this is my first post on this forum
i've just bought a DT-250 / 80
1/ I use it to play electric guitar silently at night : very very good result ! it's like my head is sticked inside my amp !!
2/ I also use it to listen music (and voice podcast) on the train daily.
my mp3 player is a Cowon D2+
I find the headphone a little harsh on trebles
do you have this feeling ?
i'm trying to do my best with EQ and BBE plugins (native on every Cowon player) and it's quite ok but sill a little too bright
but very articulate
every detail shines
my question for you :
do you use to set set particular EQ for your DT250 ? what kind of settings ?
I've studied the DT250 graph (find somewhere on this forum) and tried to fill in the holes :
(around 400 hz and 7 khz)
post #378 of 6843/4/13 at 2:17am
Did you try lowering at around 9-10Khz? Though I found the DT250 not particularly fatiguing unless listening too loud. Also, try adjust your earcups up or down one notch.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 2:18ampost #379 of 6843/4/13 at 2:53ampost #380 of 6843/4/13 at 3:02ampost #381 of 6843/4/13 at 3:06am
for the first try yes, i've use it flat
maybe i should try again, but it's hard to fine the perfect tuning, it can take weeks !
do you adjust EQ when using your DT250 ?
my previous headphone was a Shure SRH440
nice headphones but bad build quality
the arch broke after only 2 years !
post #382 of 6843/4/13 at 3:32am
I rarely/never EQ for my normal listening. Maybe try use your DT250-80 for a day or two without EQ first. My DT250 look nearly as I first bought them besides some fluff on the earpads. Also be a little bit careful about getting the curl of the cord caught on anything.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 3:36ampost #383 of 6843/4/13 at 3:37amHello. I've joined this forum specifically to ask about my 80 ohm dt250's. They are the first midprice-ish headphones i've had, bought on amazon from amazon themselves and although they are good i'm still a bit disappointed and wondering if there's something up with them or whether it's just what i'm using them with.
To me they sound to have a mid-range-biased sound. If they are intended to give an accurate rather than flattering impression the bass still seems a bit muted, and i don't even listen to bassy music, just having owned many musical instruments i listen for fidelity to what i've played.
I use them with my homebuilt pc, and in windows media player i boost about 4db at about 60hz and 16khz, and cut 2db at 900hz which seems to be where the, to me, wrong emphasis is. I approximate the same eq with linux or windows, and also on my kobo arc android tablet and sansa clip, the latter usually paired with koss ksc75's and a more apt eq for them.
I've also tried them with my digital piano but they are not as warm or bassy as some £30 sony's from argos.
I use a fiio e5 often with the tablet and always with the piano.
Is my impression of these 'phones because i'm not using premium hifi separates possibly? I will probably keep them because they are overall the best i have, though i continue to be awed by my ten quid ksc75's and porta pros.
Or does it sound to dt250 fans that i have a subjective but accurate view, and is unlikely that they have or could have a fault? By the way, i've had them maybe a month and given my quietish 41 year old's tastes they may not be optimumly burnt in. (Maybe i need to leave them running while i'm away with rock i no longer listen to on but would that really do much?)
Thanks for all feedback, and pardon the fairly layman-like terminology.
(edited to add the 80 ohm detail)
Edited by unclematerial - 3/4/13 at 4:46ampost #384 of 6843/4/13 at 3:52am
Do you have the DT250-80 or DT250-250s? Sounds like the 80 ohm version if you are raising 4db at 16KHz. The way I remember them is that they sound rather plain, but they don't really do anything wrong.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 3:57ampost #385 of 6843/4/13 at 4:24am
I will try to use them flat for a while, thanks for the idea.
one more remark :
I use them with a Cowon D2+ player
the volume scale goes up to 50.
to have a nice volume (outdoor/train) I need to set the volume to 40 for music and near 50 for voice podcasts
(it was around 25 with my Shure SRH440 - it has a lower impedance).
I hope the volume of my Cowon is linear and doesn't add any saturation...post #386 of 6843/4/13 at 4:40ampost #387 of 6843/4/13 at 5:48am
For me they are not so boring
they are studio headphones, not really dedicated to listen music in a train like I use to do
and this is why i've bought them : to play my guitar at night
I am currently setting up my EQ flat, then I'll try to lower progressively the treble around 9 khzpost #388 of 6843/4/13 at 1:54pmThread Starter
The reason why the dt250-80 is fatiguing is because they rolloff the treble above the peak. The dt250-250 has no such issue. If you could still trade in your cans for the 250 ohm version, do it :)post #389 of 6843/4/13 at 3:04pmpost #390 of 6843/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Namaiki, what do you hear in particular that would make you suggest this, in spite of enjoying the overall trble response? Was it simply based on that plot (or another)?
I was only going by on the golden ears CSD graph. Personally, I don't find the DT250-80s fatiguing at all and I preferred them over the DT250-250s for that reason. Though the 250 ohm is technically better, I seem to like how the 80 ohm sounds dark, a bit dry in the middle and still fudgy/bassy at the bottom.
Talking about that peak (which isn't really razor sharp), I think it makes the headphones sound more open.
Edited by namaiki - 3/4/13 at 5:28pm
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Premium 600Ω 4 minutes ago
- › WTS: Mint Vorzuge VorzAMP DUO [PRICE REVISED] 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › In need of some violin. 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 5 minutes ago
- › 5532 parallel headphone amp 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)