- 279 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 18post #256 of 7477/6/12 at 1:12pmI have had both and preferred the 80ohm mainly for the vocal sound. The vocal is a little more up front and they are a little more forgiving of poor quality recordings. It was a close call and I could have gone either way really but something drew me to the sound of the 80ohm and I haven't regretted it since moving the 250ohm on.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 7477/7/12 at 6:06am
Thanks for the responses. At the moment, I think I prefer the 80ohm version. For the kind of sound that the 250ohm version has, it's like the W1000X bests it (or perhaps the DT250-250 is simply too flat for my tastes), but the 80ohm has a different kind of sound to the other two which is also less fatiguing.
Anyway, I think I will try use 250ohm version for a week and then see if I think any different of it.
Edited by namaiki - 7/7/12 at 6:07ampost #258 of 7477/8/12 at 11:24pmThread Starter
try the dt250-250 with different media players, sources and amps to get an idea of how they scale too. The 80 ohm version is less transparent making them scale less with different sources.post #259 of 7477/10/12 at 4:34amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by namaiki
A little bump.
Just wondering if there's anyone here who has tried both the DT250-250 and DT250-80 and prefers the 80ohm version due to it's sound? (e.g. not someone who believes that the 80ohm version has the "same" sound quality as the 250ohm version but is easier to drive)
I also owned both and prefer the 250 ohm hands down.post #260 of 7477/12/12 at 1:55am
The DT250-250's were the second pair of "real" headphones I owned, second to the DT880's. I bought them to have the Beyer sound on the go, as well as at home. Loved them. Always loved their clean presentation. Didn't sound artificial, like many of the cheap headphones I had before. Decent isolation. Comfortable for long periods of time. Velour for comfort. Coiled cable. (I like coiled cables.) Nearly indestructible under normal use. Sadly they died several years ago after being crushed on a overcrowded airport bus. Tough as they are, when they're in a bag, on a bus, at the bottom of a 6 foot stack of baggage, they don't hold up. (Pro Tip: Never put headphones in any kind of luggage you are not personally holding in your lap:)
Ended up not replacing them due to financial constraints. Eventually moved on and purchased some closed AKG's to replace them. (K271 & K171). Love the K271's, but the K171's just aren't a good fit with glasses. They're too big to be on ear, (like the Sennheiser HD-25 or Beyerdynamic DT-1350, but too small to be circumaural.) The sound is fine, I just can't wear them for more than about half an hour with glasses. The DT250's were fine with glasses and are circumaural on me.
I have been looking around for a new pair of DT250-250's to replace the K171's, and have noticed that the 250ohm model is becoming much harder to get. All the online stores I've looked at are only carrying the 80 ohm version. The only store I've found that carries the 250 ohm version shows it as being a special order item with a lead time of 6-10 weeks. The 80 ohm version is in stock, ready to ship today. I already know I want the 250ohm version. Anyone know of any online store's carrying the 250 ohm version? Thanks.post #261 of 7477/12/12 at 2:51amThread Starter
Try here... I'm sure you can get them around $160 if you send them an offer or give them a call.post #262 of 7477/12/12 at 4:12am
Regarding the difference between the 80 and 250 ohm version, I'd like to copy a comment from another thread, probably from Peter Grooff of Beyerdynamic:
"thank you for your mail! The 80 ohms and 250 ohms transducers differ both in mechanics and sound: the 80 ohms model has a quite long overhang voicecoil which offers a very high power handling (for full throttle use in recording studios for example). For this, we need a lot of copper for the voice coil making the moving mass (diaphragm and voice coil weight) higher than in a 250 ohms transducer. The higher impedance model has a lighter and shorter underhang voice coil and therefore sounds more detailed, more controlled. Both will work with an Ipod, the 80 ohms version will propably play slightly louder than the 250 ohms version, but as you plan to use them with the Benchmark headphone amp, i personally would prefer the 250 ohms phones for sound reasons and accept a slightly lower maximum volume from the Ipod. Or you take both ;-)
Hope, this helps!"
Edited by MDR30 - 7/12/12 at 8:21ampost #263 of 7477/12/12 at 9:08ampost #264 of 7477/12/12 at 11:39ampost #265 of 7477/12/12 at 1:04pm
Quote:Originally Posted by donunus
Try here... I'm sure you can get them around $160 if you send them an offer or give them a call.
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Edited by Scarred Taka - 7/12/12 at 1:05pmpost #266 of 7477/16/12 at 9:13am
Muhahaha. I think I've finally grown into my 250ohm DT250s.
On my 80ohm model, I had the earcups adjusted so that each is 3 steps down, but on my 250ohm which is newer and has a stiffer headband I need to bring the cups down 7 steps to make it perfectly comfortable. I find the 250ohm less fatiguing/easier on the ears/eardrums as well.
However, it would be a bit of a stretch to say that I like the DT250-250s more than my ATH-W1000X which have a more intimate though I'm guessing also more coloured sound for female vocals.
I guess ATH-W1000X for at my table and DT250-250 if I ever go travelling/while doing things around the house? :D
Edited by namaiki - 7/16/12 at 9:38ampost #267 of 7477/16/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #268 of 7477/16/12 at 10:59pmpost #269 of 7477/16/12 at 11:24pmThread Starter
Ok. Although the dacport is supposedly real nice, I get the feeling that they will still be a little underpowered. The O2 is really nice with these cans by the way. These cans want to be controlled with power IMO to lose the soft edge. I might get a better dac than my e10 later too but the dt250-250 seems to be more forgiving of different dacs than amps from the ones I've tried.post #270 of 7477/17/12 at 7:45am
I purchased the DACport because of headfonia and nwavguys' mentions on their blogs. I'd probably have gotten a ODA it were available. I guess I'll have to see after I receive the DACport and again in a few months when the ODA is released - I won't get an O2/ODAC because I'm sure the ODA will be an improvement over it.
I must say though that my DT250-250s are the headphones that have lowest fatigue for me, that I could wear these all day and the most likely for me to recommend to others for purchase.
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Adding lists under components? 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › IEM's vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a combination headphone/speaker amplifier than can... 6 minutes ago
- › Software that'll volume match all my music? 6 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)