The portapro has layering? I didn't hear any when i had mine. The dt250-250 is pretty much one of the most coherent cans I've owned so far as having a cohesive frequency response and a speakerlike soundstage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 16post #226 of 7156/1/12 at 10:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 7156/3/12 at 1:41pm
My bad, it was probably just the treble in the Porta Pros that took me.
Are there differences in treble between the 250ohm and 80ohm models of the DT250? Or any other differences between the two DT250 models that I should be aware of?
I've got the 80ohm running just off a FiiO E7 at the moment and I was wondering if it might be worth upgrading?
Edited by namaiki - 6/3/12 at 1:44pmpost #228 of 7156/3/12 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #229 of 7156/4/12 at 3:44ampost #230 of 7156/4/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by MDR30
Video from the plant in Heilbronn:
Yeah, right . I am accuracy. I am sound. I am precision. I am passion. I am innovation. I am individuality. I am the future. I am emotion. I am quality. I am experience.
and I'm with bloody one channel again!!
back they go
Edited by BrainFood - 6/4/12 at 2:00pmpost #231 of 7156/5/12 at 2:30pmpost #232 of 7156/6/12 at 12:31ampost #233 of 7156/6/12 at 2:25amQuote:
No it's the same (first) pair playing up again . It's no big deal though.
I just thought the silly corporate lines in that video were rather ironic..
Edited by BrainFood - 6/6/12 at 3:15ampost #234 of 7156/8/12 at 9:59pm
Could someone please recommend a portable amp for the DT250 80 ohm version? Doesn't need to be especially small (must be transportable and run from a battery). Budget is approx $300.00.
Thankspost #235 of 7156/9/12 at 4:08am
It's a little heavy (250 grams) and bulky for a pocket but this amp comes highly recommended. I'm about to order myself.
Might just leave it on the high gain setting and use it with the DT250 (250) and orthos. No need to worry about battery life with the 500 mA upgrade ;)post #236 of 7156/9/12 at 4:56ampost #237 of 7156/9/12 at 5:06am
For sure. The amp won't be shipped until after the 15th, so give me a bit ;)
FWIW, I heard back from Beyer, who informed me that the correct straight cable for the 250 is in fact the K250.07 available from here in the UK:
Have amended earlier posts.post #238 of 7156/9/12 at 5:23amQuote:
Looking at your equipment list, is it still worth holding onto the DT150's at the same time as the DT250's (250)?
Edited by BrainFood - 6/9/12 at 5:44ampost #239 of 7156/9/12 at 5:30amThread Starterpost #240 of 7156/9/12 at 5:57amQuote:
Hmmmm. To me they are different beasts as I think you know already? (from your profile's FS labels)
The 150s came first based on a large number of enthusiastic reviews vs 250-250s (!). Right now though they are gathering dust and have been for many months but I find I come back to 'dusty' cans and amps months and years later to hear something new and exciting (this week de-foamed HD650s!). The answer to your question is probably 'no' but I am somewhat of a hoarder .
The 150s have a mid-bass hump to me which with certain amps and material is pretty annoying. Interestingly, to my ears, they almost sound better out of less powerful amps (Slee Voyager) and are certainly more engaging from that portable amp than the 250s. Hence my Q on the Neco. The 150s isolation is a 1-2 steps above the 250s. The 250s' isolation was its biggest disappointment to me (I use pleather by choice).
Overall the 250s are a class above in balance, imaging and coherence. Vocals are excellent!
What are you thoughts?
The amp from NWAVGUY? interesting to hear that after all the noise online... !
PPS Brainfood, would you please be kind enough to post a few comments on the HE500 from a 250-250 listener's p.o.v? I am toying with a big investment in something open backed... hd800/he500/T1 are all on my shortlist.
Edited by jamescodway - 6/9/12 at 6:31am
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Is Beyerdynamic DT 660 really as good as T1? (for classical music) 1 second ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 26 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 31 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Balanced Cable for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 2 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)