The portapro has layering? I didn't hear any when i had mine. The dt250-250 is pretty much one of the most coherent cans I've owned so far as having a cohesive frequency response and a speakerlike soundstage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 9/16/13 at 9:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 12/7/10 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread - Page 16post #226 of 6446/1/12 at 10:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 6446/3/12 at 1:41pm
My bad, it was probably just the treble in the Porta Pros that took me.
Are there differences in treble between the 250ohm and 80ohm models of the DT250? Or any other differences between the two DT250 models that I should be aware of?
I've got the 80ohm running just off a FiiO E7 at the moment and I was wondering if it might be worth upgrading?
Edited by namaiki - 6/3/12 at 1:44pmpost #228 of 6446/3/12 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #229 of 6446/4/12 at 3:44ampost #230 of 6446/4/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by MDR30
Video from the plant in Heilbronn:
Yeah, right . I am accuracy. I am sound. I am precision. I am passion. I am innovation. I am individuality. I am the future. I am emotion. I am quality. I am experience.
and I'm with bloody one channel again!!
back they go
Edited by BrainFood - 6/4/12 at 2:00pmpost #231 of 6446/5/12 at 2:30pmpost #232 of 6446/6/12 at 12:31ampost #233 of 6446/6/12 at 2:25amQuote:
No it's the same (first) pair playing up again . It's no big deal though.
I just thought the silly corporate lines in that video were rather ironic..
Edited by BrainFood - 6/6/12 at 3:15ampost #234 of 6446/8/12 at 9:59pm
Could someone please recommend a portable amp for the DT250 80 ohm version? Doesn't need to be especially small (must be transportable and run from a battery). Budget is approx $300.00.
Thankspost #235 of 6446/9/12 at 4:08am
It's a little heavy (250 grams) and bulky for a pocket but this amp comes highly recommended. I'm about to order myself.
Might just leave it on the high gain setting and use it with the DT250 (250) and orthos. No need to worry about battery life with the 500 mA upgrade ;)post #236 of 6446/9/12 at 4:56ampost #237 of 6446/9/12 at 5:06am
For sure. The amp won't be shipped until after the 15th, so give me a bit ;)
FWIW, I heard back from Beyer, who informed me that the correct straight cable for the 250 is in fact the K250.07 available from here in the UK:
Have amended earlier posts.post #238 of 6446/9/12 at 5:23amQuote:
Looking at your equipment list, is it still worth holding onto the DT150's at the same time as the DT250's (250)?
Edited by BrainFood - 6/9/12 at 5:44ampost #239 of 6446/9/12 at 5:30amThread Starterpost #240 of 6446/9/12 at 5:57amQuote:
Hmmmm. To me they are different beasts as I think you know already? (from your profile's FS labels)
The 150s came first based on a large number of enthusiastic reviews vs 250-250s (!). Right now though they are gathering dust and have been for many months but I find I come back to 'dusty' cans and amps months and years later to hear something new and exciting (this week de-foamed HD650s!). The answer to your question is probably 'no' but I am somewhat of a hoarder .
The 150s have a mid-bass hump to me which with certain amps and material is pretty annoying. Interestingly, to my ears, they almost sound better out of less powerful amps (Slee Voyager) and are certainly more engaging from that portable amp than the 250s. Hence my Q on the Neco. The 150s isolation is a 1-2 steps above the 250s. The 250s' isolation was its biggest disappointment to me (I use pleather by choice).
Overall the 250s are a class above in balance, imaging and coherence. Vocals are excellent!
What are you thoughts?
The amp from NWAVGUY? interesting to hear that after all the noise online... !
PPS Brainfood, would you please be kind enough to post a few comments on the HE500 from a 250-250 listener's p.o.v? I am toying with a big investment in something open backed... hd800/he500/T1 are all on my shortlist.
Edited by jamescodway - 6/9/12 at 6:31am
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 51 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Will my Denon AVR-e300 drive a pair of beyerdynamic 880's (250 ohm)? 2 minutes ago
- › 370 DAX transformer heat 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for EDM 4 minutes ago
- › looking for a nice cheap (<100) gift for a friend 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe