How knows? Maybe they did manage to secure more PCM1704 in the last few months to bring it back. I only remember it was still out-of-stock a few months ago when I was browsing for IEM on Head-Direct website.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM-801 help Last post on 5/17/11 at 8:43am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Or maybe they're refurbed trade-ins from the 901 offer?
I remember it's just because they purchased some new chip?
Not to my knowledge. All I have read on erji.net is that the design of battery cover fails the durability test last week, so they have redesigned it and testing it again, but the result has yet to come back.
Something so rudimentary after almost 4 yrs of R&D?
The final casing mold was recently finished, then tested. Also, I think the whole R&D is about firmware and PCB. I think they tested the casing more than a few times (well I am not sure the exact number, but they did a 30K turn test on the volume wheel to fix the wobbling issue) so it probably isn't as simple as 'open, close and done'.
You seems to be particular sinister / negative about the whole HM901 thing, if you don't mind me point out. I apologize for the chosen word, as 'pessimistic' doesn't seem to quite describe what I read from your responses.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/8/12 at 3:36am
Yes, and justifiably so.
I am not alone.
Since you claim to have read my responses, perhaps you have overlooked the fact that I have also stated, several times, that, in spite of my (justified) misgivings about the way the announcement and release of the 901 has been handled by Fang, I actually would like to see this product succeed, and even now I remain open to potentially purchasing it. But strewth, what an appallingly badly handled and rediculously drawn-out debacle it is proving to be. Aspersions being made towards competitors products and yet nothing to back them up, after almost 4 yrs of R & D.
In short, I stand by all my remarks in this thread, both the positive and the negative.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but I didn't notice it:
...and of course, the following link definitely was posted, but for newcomers checking this thread for info, it bears reading, I suppose (although note the date):
Edited by Mython - 12/12/12 at 12:43am
Another 2 weeks passes..................
where's the best place to learn Chinese online?
Santa got me some DT1350s, and my bonus got me a used HM-801, so sorry Fang, I did wait, but the money's gone for
another 12 months.
Still...........the HM-801 sounds mighty fine, and the 1350s only only have a couple of hours on them so far
Dying to hear a comparative 801 vs 901 review
Edited by KT66 - 12/26/12 at 4:23am
I'm hoping Santa will bring me an HM-801 for Xmas 2013, and maybe an HM-901 for Xmas 2020.
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 seconds ago
- › The Hobbit Movie Thread (and anything else related to Lord of the... 13 seconds ago
- › What happened to the Darth Beyers? 46 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 alcantara pads (1 brand new pair) *FOR SALE* 1 minute ago
- › *NEW* B.M.C. PureDAC - Digital to Analog Converter, Balanced... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Help me pick the ideal IEM for Metal/Prog! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe