How knows? Maybe they did manage to secure more PCM1704 in the last few months to bring it back. I only remember it was still out-of-stock a few months ago when I was browsing for IEM on Head-Direct website.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Or maybe they're refurbed trade-ins from the 901 offer?
I remember it's just because they purchased some new chip?
Not to my knowledge. All I have read on erji.net is that the design of battery cover fails the durability test last week, so they have redesigned it and testing it again, but the result has yet to come back.
Something so rudimentary after almost 4 yrs of R&D?
The final casing mold was recently finished, then tested. Also, I think the whole R&D is about firmware and PCB. I think they tested the casing more than a few times (well I am not sure the exact number, but they did a 30K turn test on the volume wheel to fix the wobbling issue) so it probably isn't as simple as 'open, close and done'.
You seems to be particular sinister / negative about the whole HM901 thing, if you don't mind me point out. I apologize for the chosen word, as 'pessimistic' doesn't seem to quite describe what I read from your responses.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/8/12 at 3:36am
Yes, and justifiably so.
I am not alone.
Since you claim to have read my responses, perhaps you have overlooked the fact that I have also stated, several times, that, in spite of my (justified) misgivings about the way the announcement and release of the 901 has been handled by Fang, I actually would like to see this product succeed, and even now I remain open to potentially purchasing it. But strewth, what an appallingly badly handled and rediculously drawn-out debacle it is proving to be. Aspersions being made towards competitors products and yet nothing to back them up, after almost 4 yrs of R & D.
In short, I stand by all my remarks in this thread, both the positive and the negative.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but I didn't notice it:
...and of course, the following link definitely was posted, but for newcomers checking this thread for info, it bears reading, I suppose (although note the date):
Edited by Mython - 12/12/12 at 12:43am
Another 2 weeks passes..................
where's the best place to learn Chinese online?
Santa got me some DT1350s, and my bonus got me a used HM-801, so sorry Fang, I did wait, but the money's gone for
another 12 months.
Still...........the HM-801 sounds mighty fine, and the 1350s only only have a couple of hours on them so far
Dying to hear a comparative 801 vs 901 review
Edited by KT66 - 12/26/12 at 4:23am
I'm hoping Santa will bring me an HM-801 for Xmas 2013, and maybe an HM-901 for Xmas 2020.
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Help! 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 7 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)