How knows? Maybe they did manage to secure more PCM1704 in the last few months to bring it back. I only remember it was still out-of-stock a few months ago when I was browsing for IEM on Head-Direct website.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Or maybe they're refurbed trade-ins from the 901 offer?
I remember it's just because they purchased some new chip?
Not to my knowledge. All I have read on erji.net is that the design of battery cover fails the durability test last week, so they have redesigned it and testing it again, but the result has yet to come back.
Something so rudimentary after almost 4 yrs of R&D?
The final casing mold was recently finished, then tested. Also, I think the whole R&D is about firmware and PCB. I think they tested the casing more than a few times (well I am not sure the exact number, but they did a 30K turn test on the volume wheel to fix the wobbling issue) so it probably isn't as simple as 'open, close and done'.
You seems to be particular sinister / negative about the whole HM901 thing, if you don't mind me point out. I apologize for the chosen word, as 'pessimistic' doesn't seem to quite describe what I read from your responses.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/8/12 at 3:36am
Yes, and justifiably so.
I am not alone.
Since you claim to have read my responses, perhaps you have overlooked the fact that I have also stated, several times, that, in spite of my (justified) misgivings about the way the announcement and release of the 901 has been handled by Fang, I actually would like to see this product succeed, and even now I remain open to potentially purchasing it. But strewth, what an appallingly badly handled and rediculously drawn-out debacle it is proving to be. Aspersions being made towards competitors products and yet nothing to back them up, after almost 4 yrs of R & D.
In short, I stand by all my remarks in this thread, both the positive and the negative.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but I didn't notice it:
...and of course, the following link definitely was posted, but for newcomers checking this thread for info, it bears reading, I suppose (although note the date):
Edited by Mython - 12/12/12 at 12:43am
Another 2 weeks passes..................
where's the best place to learn Chinese online?
Santa got me some DT1350s, and my bonus got me a used HM-801, so sorry Fang, I did wait, but the money's gone for
another 12 months.
Still...........the HM-801 sounds mighty fine, and the 1350s only only have a couple of hours on them so far
Dying to hear a comparative 801 vs 901 review
Edited by KT66 - 12/26/12 at 4:23am
I'm hoping Santa will bring me an HM-801 for Xmas 2013, and maybe an HM-901 for Xmas 2020.
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 35 seconds ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220 Vs. PRO 500 51 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod = 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones under $250 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3