How knows? Maybe they did manage to secure more PCM1704 in the last few months to bring it back. I only remember it was still out-of-stock a few months ago when I was browsing for IEM on Head-Direct website.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Or maybe they're refurbed trade-ins from the 901 offer?
I remember it's just because they purchased some new chip?
Not to my knowledge. All I have read on erji.net is that the design of battery cover fails the durability test last week, so they have redesigned it and testing it again, but the result has yet to come back.
Something so rudimentary after almost 4 yrs of R&D?
The final casing mold was recently finished, then tested. Also, I think the whole R&D is about firmware and PCB. I think they tested the casing more than a few times (well I am not sure the exact number, but they did a 30K turn test on the volume wheel to fix the wobbling issue) so it probably isn't as simple as 'open, close and done'.
You seems to be particular sinister / negative about the whole HM901 thing, if you don't mind me point out. I apologize for the chosen word, as 'pessimistic' doesn't seem to quite describe what I read from your responses.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/8/12 at 3:36am
Yes, and justifiably so.
I am not alone.
Since you claim to have read my responses, perhaps you have overlooked the fact that I have also stated, several times, that, in spite of my (justified) misgivings about the way the announcement and release of the 901 has been handled by Fang, I actually would like to see this product succeed, and even now I remain open to potentially purchasing it. But strewth, what an appallingly badly handled and rediculously drawn-out debacle it is proving to be. Aspersions being made towards competitors products and yet nothing to back them up, after almost 4 yrs of R & D.
In short, I stand by all my remarks in this thread, both the positive and the negative.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but I didn't notice it:
...and of course, the following link definitely was posted, but for newcomers checking this thread for info, it bears reading, I suppose (although note the date):
Edited by Mython - 12/12/12 at 12:43am
Another 2 weeks passes..................
where's the best place to learn Chinese online?
Santa got me some DT1350s, and my bonus got me a used HM-801, so sorry Fang, I did wait, but the money's gone for
another 12 months.
Still...........the HM-801 sounds mighty fine, and the 1350s only only have a couple of hours on them so far
Dying to hear a comparative 801 vs 901 review
Edited by KT66 - 12/26/12 at 4:23am
I'm hoping Santa will bring me an HM-801 for Xmas 2013, and maybe an HM-901 for Xmas 2020.
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 40 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2