How knows? Maybe they did manage to secure more PCM1704 in the last few months to bring it back. I only remember it was still out-of-stock a few months ago when I was browsing for IEM on Head-Direct website.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 46
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Or maybe they're refurbed trade-ins from the 901 offer?
I remember it's just because they purchased some new chip?
Not to my knowledge. All I have read on erji.net is that the design of battery cover fails the durability test last week, so they have redesigned it and testing it again, but the result has yet to come back.
Something so rudimentary after almost 4 yrs of R&D?
The final casing mold was recently finished, then tested. Also, I think the whole R&D is about firmware and PCB. I think they tested the casing more than a few times (well I am not sure the exact number, but they did a 30K turn test on the volume wheel to fix the wobbling issue) so it probably isn't as simple as 'open, close and done'.
You seems to be particular sinister / negative about the whole HM901 thing, if you don't mind me point out. I apologize for the chosen word, as 'pessimistic' doesn't seem to quite describe what I read from your responses.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/8/12 at 3:36am
Yes, and justifiably so.
I am not alone.
Since you claim to have read my responses, perhaps you have overlooked the fact that I have also stated, several times, that, in spite of my (justified) misgivings about the way the announcement and release of the 901 has been handled by Fang, I actually would like to see this product succeed, and even now I remain open to potentially purchasing it. But strewth, what an appallingly badly handled and rediculously drawn-out debacle it is proving to be. Aspersions being made towards competitors products and yet nothing to back them up, after almost 4 yrs of R & D.
In short, I stand by all my remarks in this thread, both the positive and the negative.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but I didn't notice it:
...and of course, the following link definitely was posted, but for newcomers checking this thread for info, it bears reading, I suppose (although note the date):
Edited by Mython - 12/12/12 at 12:43am
Another 2 weeks passes..................
where's the best place to learn Chinese online?
Santa got me some DT1350s, and my bonus got me a used HM-801, so sorry Fang, I did wait, but the money's gone for
another 12 months.
Still...........the HM-801 sounds mighty fine, and the 1350s only only have a couple of hours on them so far
Dying to hear a comparative 801 vs 901 review
Edited by KT66 - 12/26/12 at 4:23am
I'm hoping Santa will bring me an HM-801 for Xmas 2013, and maybe an HM-901 for Xmas 2020.
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 34 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2