If it came from Ms. T, it's official.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM-801 help Last post on 5/17/11 at 8:43am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Do you mean to say that those HM901s will have used components in them or am I completely misinterpreting your statement?
lol.. just a wild guess. It's either they need that chip for some other device other than 801 or they wanna continue to do 801 sale with a dropped price. (which I don't really see it happening)
If they only accept original owners' 801, they probably just want to give their customer some discount. If they accept any 801 (2nd hand, etc), then there is high possibility they that chip.
I don't think they have come up with a detailed plan either. The information they gave out so far about the exchange is very little.
It would seem we are but three days away from finally finding out more information about the technical side of the HM-901. Can't wait to hear about it and see what it's packing inside that plastic shell.
I thought they said it wasn't a plastic shell... Or maybe that was the 801?
How do you know this?
Todays the day, anyone know what time? I am about to go find that announcement of the press conference to figure it out. I'll update this post if I find it.
EDIT: Soem good findings:
Took a look at the image of that stand thing in the first link. Button labels are as follows, from left to right (Line Out, Coax Input, Coax Output USB DAC, USB Data Exchange)
Looks like a nice thing to have for a DAP, might gain some interest from me now.
Edited by kenman345 - 8/15/12 at 6:37am
I am just translating the important bit:
HM801 owner can send their player back with additional RMB2500 (~US$390) to upgrade to HM901. Balanced card amp module owner can send the amp module back with their HM801 (and the additional fee) as well for an exchange of new balanced amp module for HM901 and HM901 itself. They will start shipping HM901 by the end of next month. Dealer is likely to get them by the following month.
Selectable TRRS balanced output when used with balanced amp module.
Accessories include charger, stock amp module and dock connector with line-out, coax-in, coax-out, USB, and charging port.
Similar to HM801, it will have replaceable battery and an amp module bay. HM901 will have shorter width and length when compared to HM801, but similar thickness.
Battery will have the same +/-7.4V as HM801 (dual power supply), amp bay is located directly under the battery so everything is in one place. There will be several amp module, from the simplest stock amp to more complicated opamp+buffer and balanced amp design.
Battery life: line-out only: >12hours. Stock amp: >10hours.
Stepped attenuator for volume control.
Full size SD slot, support SDXC with 128GB card tested.
30 pins dock connector with optional cradle.
Double ES9018, one channel each
OPA2107 and OPA627 (two in each channels) for LPF
Measurement of prototype (might improve on the retail model):
There you have it.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/15/12 at 8:58am
So, yet AGAIN, HM expect people to pay top-end prices AND then pay through the nose for an additional amp module for full performance - outrageous...
And, to add insult to injury, am I to believe that there is no on-board memory at all?! DX100 has expansion slot but does contain 64gb on-board, as standard.
Edited by Mython - 8/15/12 at 8:51am
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 13 seconds ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 28 seconds ago
- › Which new Headphones? 45 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 3 minutes ago
- › Preselling H-100J from T-PEOS ( until Dec.22.2013 ) 3 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe