If it came from Ms. T, it's official.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Do you mean to say that those HM901s will have used components in them or am I completely misinterpreting your statement?
lol.. just a wild guess. It's either they need that chip for some other device other than 801 or they wanna continue to do 801 sale with a dropped price. (which I don't really see it happening)
If they only accept original owners' 801, they probably just want to give their customer some discount. If they accept any 801 (2nd hand, etc), then there is high possibility they that chip.
I don't think they have come up with a detailed plan either. The information they gave out so far about the exchange is very little.
It would seem we are but three days away from finally finding out more information about the technical side of the HM-901. Can't wait to hear about it and see what it's packing inside that plastic shell.
I thought they said it wasn't a plastic shell... Or maybe that was the 801?
How do you know this?
Todays the day, anyone know what time? I am about to go find that announcement of the press conference to figure it out. I'll update this post if I find it.
EDIT: Soem good findings:
Took a look at the image of that stand thing in the first link. Button labels are as follows, from left to right (Line Out, Coax Input, Coax Output USB DAC, USB Data Exchange)
Looks like a nice thing to have for a DAP, might gain some interest from me now.
Edited by kenman345 - 8/15/12 at 6:37am
I am just translating the important bit:
HM801 owner can send their player back with additional RMB2500 (~US$390) to upgrade to HM901. Balanced card amp module owner can send the amp module back with their HM801 (and the additional fee) as well for an exchange of new balanced amp module for HM901 and HM901 itself. They will start shipping HM901 by the end of next month. Dealer is likely to get them by the following month.
Selectable TRRS balanced output when used with balanced amp module.
Accessories include charger, stock amp module and dock connector with line-out, coax-in, coax-out, USB, and charging port.
Similar to HM801, it will have replaceable battery and an amp module bay. HM901 will have shorter width and length when compared to HM801, but similar thickness.
Battery will have the same +/-7.4V as HM801 (dual power supply), amp bay is located directly under the battery so everything is in one place. There will be several amp module, from the simplest stock amp to more complicated opamp+buffer and balanced amp design.
Battery life: line-out only: >12hours. Stock amp: >10hours.
Stepped attenuator for volume control.
Full size SD slot, support SDXC with 128GB card tested.
30 pins dock connector with optional cradle.
Double ES9018, one channel each
OPA2107 and OPA627 (two in each channels) for LPF
Measurement of prototype (might improve on the retail model):
There you have it.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/15/12 at 8:58am
So, yet AGAIN, HM expect people to pay top-end prices AND then pay through the nose for an additional amp module for full performance - outrageous...
And, to add insult to injury, am I to believe that there is no on-board memory at all?! DX100 has expansion slot but does contain 64gb on-board, as standard.
Edited by Mython - 8/15/12 at 8:51am
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 seconds ago
- › Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat??? 33 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 coming 57 seconds ago
- › DT770 pro 80's broke, confidence lost in Beyer...advice please 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2