- 4,546 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM-801 help Last post on 5/17/11 at 8:43am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, we will, or we will not be considered Head-fi worthy.....
Edited by turokrocks - 5/15/12 at 5:04am
Dr. Fang was nice enough to distribute CDs with pictures of the HM-901 at the Tokyo Headphone Festival. Hopefully the Admins/Mods are ok with so many pix. :-
Line out from the bottom of the device
The wheel on the front for navigation
Wheel on the top i believe is volume control
Check the pictures from the show from a few posts ago.....it said they used line out and there is a few wires coming from the bottom.Your welcome...
nearly had a heart attack then
BUT the pictures only show an SD type slot on the bottom
SD slot on side, look at the pictures dude....
Maybe I'll repost Currawong's link of the pix of the HM-901 from the show again (i.e. the prototype line out was these bunch of cables coming out from the bottom). Where the final product's lineout comes from, no idea :-
At least at the show, since they didn't have a fully working HM-901, they had a line-out of the HM-901 to an external Hifiman Amp -> HE-6 headphones :-
I don't think the price is going to be close to $1,250. It's simply too much more expensive than both the HM-801 and DX100.
Crossing the 1k$ mark is certainly going to be a big turnoff for most of the potential customers.
Even at about $800 most people think it's too expensive - including me (bought my HM-801 used).
Anyway - all of this is of course just speculation ...
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE535 - clicking sound with a cable ??? :/ 9 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 15 seconds ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 26 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › Does an Astro Mixamp improve audio technica ad700 headphones with a... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/soundcard to go with AKG Studio 240s 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe