Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 17

post #241 of 733

I'm wondering if the mock ups had that TRRS switch and if you were able to find out anything about it. 

 

Also, just because something ifs working yet and they decide not to show it doesn't meant they are far behind. They may just not have it working perfectly or well enough yet to show it, whereas the DAC part may be in perfect working order.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #242 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

Seriously, though, it's disappointing that the HM901 is THAT far behind, after (allegedly) 2-3 years of development. Makes me wonder if it'll be ready by May next year, let alone this year.
If they don't get themselves into gear, the grass will grow under their feet.

I think the 2-3 years is like when they started to think about the successor to the HM-801 in terms of software, not hardware. That's the impression I got in a mail from Fang. In other words hardware design is more recent than that.

post #243 of 733

For the time being, what is the official estimated release date of the 901? Did Fang mention something?

post #244 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1n4 View Post

For the time being, what is the official estimated release date of the 901? Did Fang mention something?

 

As it is still in beta phase, I presume not before July, and this is an optimistic estimate!

post #245 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

 

As it is still in beta phase, I presume not before July, and this is an optimistic estimate!

 

Thanks, considering the facts I think your estimation sounds realistic.....Mhm if the HM-901 really is going to be the player I am waiting for, I'll probably buy it for myself for christmas tongue_smile.gif

post #246 of 733
post #247 of 733

Read from AVWatch Impress that the HM-901 will be available in autumn this year and priced around 100K yen (about 1250 USD)

post #248 of 733

What, waht,wtha? 1250 US dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randius View Post

Read from AVWatch Impress that the HM-901 will be available in autumn this year and priced around 100K yen (about 1250 USD)

post #249 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post

What, waht,wtha? 1250 US dollars?

 

That is based on their estimated retail price of 100K yen in Japan. The conversion to USD was done using xe.com. The price is not final but the indicative pricing is quite prohibitive.

post #250 of 733

I do not think it can be as expensive, if that's the case they should use components that are extraordinary !

post #251 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randius View Post

 

That is based on their estimated retail price of 100K yen in Japan. The conversion to USD was done using xe.com. The price is not final but the indicative pricing is quite prohibitive.

will which translate to £1250

 

good grief,

 

my HM-601 with Voyager cost under £400, I can't see the HM-901 beating it by much let alone three times.

 

Looks like more money to spend on music for me!

 

What a shame , I was really looking forward to something around £500- £600 - but at TWICE the price of the HM-801 they need some lessons in marketing,.

 

And what is that silver scrolling wheel thing.!?

 

The price has just lost one sale

post #252 of 733
Not justifying the alleged price (and lets remember it has NOT been confirmed), but either way, remember that a quote in Japanese yen will yield an expensive currency translation because the Yen is so strong. Japanese corporations have been really suffering with exporting because of this. When I see a quote in Chinese or U$ dollars, and which has been confirmed by hifiman themselves, only THEN will I be concerned one way or the other.
post #253 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

 

good grief,

 

my HM-601 with Voyager cost under £400, I can't see the HM-901 beating it by much let alone three times.

 

Looks like more money to spend on music for me!

 

What a shame , I was really looking forward to something around £500- £600 - but at TWICE the price of the HM-801 they need some lessons in marketing,.

 

And what is that silver scrolling wheel thing.!?

 

The price has just lost one sale

+1

post #254 of 733

1250 dollars? lol that's more than my 801+game+balanced amp...I don't really believe it. if it's real, I don't see a big sale like 801.

 

I am guessing a price around $950 should be reasonable


Edited by tupac0306 - 5/15/12 at 3:58am
post #255 of 733

the HM-801 was $790

I don't see any reason why the 901 should cost any more, if it is a clear upgrade, then they should keep the 801 going.

 

$950 makes the Colorfly seem cheap!

 

lets hope they got it wrong

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"