Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 15

post #211 of 733

Would love to try that...probably with my Merlin's though. Does anyone have any idea what SD card format HifiMan takes? Would be ideal if I could prepare the same tracks as what I have with my DX100 so that I can test my music.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #212 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Would love to try that...probably with my Merlin's though. Does anyone have any idea what SD card format HifiMan takes? Would be ideal if I could prepare the same tracks as what I have with my DX100 so that I can test my music.

I really hope they've moved on from the dinosaur full size SD cards ;). Then again they are still a cheap alternative even for high capacity cards. But whose to say how long they will last before the technology completely dies.

post #213 of 733
Looking at the flash banner ad, it SEEMS to show fullsize SD, rather than microSD. To be honest, I would take both, to avoid potential disappointment.
post #214 of 733
Aside from the inability to 'hot-swap' cards from DX100 to HM901 and back again, I don't object to the prospect of the HM901 using fullsize SD. Even if SD dies as a standard, the cards are so ubiquitous that it's no problem to stock-up on a few, and at much cheaper price than MicroSDXC. It's all good ;just make the DAP work well and sound great, that's 'all I ask' smily_headphones1.gif
post #215 of 733

SDXC at 128GB is starting to come down to reasonable prices.   This year is the best for flash memory, there's an over supply and prices are dropping like a rock.

 

Be sure to stock up before the winter holidays, as the prices will start to rise again by then.  I'd say by summertime, prices will hit rock bottom, perhaps a few more deals by Black Friday.

 

I dislike the use of Micro SDHC (SDXC) in such large sized devices like the DX100. 

 

I have so many full sized SDHC and SDXC cards, it will be great to use on this future HiFiMan.

post #216 of 733

Your goal is to have a player that uses the cards you have over all the other functions of a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post

SDXC at 128GB is starting to come down to reasonable prices.   This year is the best for flash memory, there's an over supply and prices are dropping like a rock.

 

Be sure to stock up before the winter holidays, as the prices will start to rise again by then.  I'd say by summertime, prices will hit rock bottom, perhaps a few more deals by Black Friday.

 

I dislike the use of Micro SDHC (SDXC) in such large sized devices like the DX100. 

 

I have so many full sized SDHC and SDXC cards, it will be great to use on this future HiFiMan.

post #217 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post

Your goal is to have a player that uses the cards you have over all the other functions of a player?


It is a very important aspect, as many of us have large collections (numerous artists and/or hi-res formats), and few feel like carrying around extra SD cards.

post #218 of 733

True but the micro SDXC cards are continuing to mature and will far surpass the large SD cards in the near future. Price will also continue to decline. It's just a waiting game.
 

post #219 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

True but the micro SDXC cards are continuing to mature and will far surpass the large SD cards in the near future. Price will also continue to decline. It's just a waiting game.
 

It may be true that the prices for micro sdxc card is dropping, and more so for the full sized sd cards.

But lets not forget that full sized sdxc cards will still always be the first to receive a larger storage capacity(and still be significantly cheaper than their micro sdxc counterparts) due to the fact that they are cheaper and easier to produce since they do not have to find ways to minimize the physical size of the cards.

Therefore, I will be really glad to see the capability to accommodate full size sd cards on these DAPs.

post #220 of 733

How long do you think the technology will be around though? It looks to be a dieing technology just as VHS.
 

post #221 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter View Post

It may be true that the prices for micro sdxc card is dropping, and more so for the full sized sd cards.

But lets not forget that full sized sdxc cards will still always be the first to receive a larger storage capacity(and still be significantly cheaper than their micro sdxc counterparts) due to the fact that they are cheaper and easier to produce since they do not have to find ways to minimize the physical size of the cards.

Therefore, I will be really glad to see the capability to accommodate full size sd cards on these DAPs.

Shame they've still got that sillly circle on the UI

post #222 of 733
The head-fi world has very patiently been watching & waiting, Fang (even DX100 customers like me). So we're almost half way through May now...

How's about an update?! smily_headphones1.gif
post #223 of 733

Soon...hopefully this Saturday in Tokyo's Headphone Festival.

post #224 of 733

If you have the DX100 why all the rush to spend more when not even sure if it will equal whats in your hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

The head-fi world has very patiently been watching & waiting, Fang (even DX100 customers like me). So we're almost half way through May now...
How's about an update?! smily_headphones1.gif
post #225 of 733

Unless I'm missing something, Mython is just merely asking for an update of the HM-901. I didn't interpret his question "as a rush to spend more". How did you get that impression?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"