Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 9

post #121 of 733

NO EQ, NO GOOD, NO BUY!!!

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #122 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post

NO EQ, NO GOOD, NO BUY!!!

I think the EQ bit was regarding the older Hifi 801 (maybe even all their older offerings...). Love the short concise comment. Should be made into a Chinese proverb ;).
 

 

post #123 of 733


yeah main points and no soft useless pretty words that connects, me good me know you bad man dont know? I am interested if eq for bass no eq then no bass then bad. DX100 sounds awesome!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I think the EQ bit was regarding the older Hifi 801 (maybe even all their older offerings...). Love the short concise comment. Should be made into a Chinese proverb ;).
 

 



 

post #124 of 733

Are you using EQ on the DX100? I'm using EQ flat with Power Amp. Its much better than the Stock player IMO and well worth the money.

post #125 of 733
Ironically, my DX100 has EQ which, personally, I find negligible, BUT it is driving my CIEMs so darned well that I'm finding I don't NEED any EQ. This is a scenario I'm unaccustomed to but it's a pleasant surprise, as I've never really been keen on the principle of EQ, but rather used it as a crude 'band-aid' to hide poor sound signatures in my headphones/earphones, over the years (I've always totally avoided EQ on fullsize hi-fi).

If HM get the SQ of the 802/901 up to a really high standard, I feel this may mitigate the lack of EQ. We're not talking about potential damage to transducers here, just a lack of sound manipulability.

I'm stunned at how dramatically the sound signature of my UM Miracles has altered now that I'm driving them with the DX100; whereas before, using the J3, I was forced to EQ the Miracles to bring them (somewhat) into balance, it's no longer necessary.

If HM do the amplification right on the 802/901, perhaps a similar positive scenario may emerge.

I'm still watching the 802/901 with optimism.
post #126 of 733



JH13 = EQ, JH16 = EQ, MG6Pro = Eq. 10,000 watts with 4 - 15 inch woofers in car EQ it and add a bass enhancer for even more bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

Ironically, my DX100 has EQ which, personally, I find negligible, BUT it is driving my CIEMs so darned well that I'm finding I don't NEED any EQ. This is a scenario I'm unaccustomed to but it's a pleasant surprise, as I've never really been keen on the principle of EQ, but rather used it as a crude 'band-aid' to hide poor sound signatures in my headphones/earphones, over the years (I've always totally avoided EQ on fullsize hi-fi).
If HM get the SQ of the 802/901 up to a really high standard, I feel this may mitigate the lack of EQ. We're not talking about potential damage to transducers here, just a lack of sound manipulability.
I'm stunned at how dramatically the sound signature of my UM Miracles has altered now that I'm driving them with the DX100; whereas before, using the J3, I was forced to EQ the Miracles to bring them (somewhat) into balance, it's no longer necessary.
If HM do the amplification right on the 802/901, perhaps a similar positive scenario may emerge.
I'm still watching the 802/901 with optimism.


 

post #127 of 733


I EQ it to hell. Left bass side  at 5 right side at 0
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Are you using EQ on the DX100? I'm using EQ flat with Power Amp. Its much better than the Stock player IMO and well worth the money.



 

post #128 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

Ironically, my DX100 has EQ which, personally, I find negligible, BUT it is driving my CIEMs so darned well that I'm finding I don't NEED any EQ. This is a scenario I'm unaccustomed to but it's a pleasant surprise, as I've never really been keen on the principle of EQ, but rather used it as a crude 'band-aid' to hide poor sound signatures in my headphones/earphones, over the years (I've always totally avoided EQ on fullsize hi-fi).
If HM get the SQ of the 802/901 up to a really high standard, I feel this may mitigate the lack of EQ. We're not talking about potential damage to transducers here, just a lack of sound manipulability.
I'm stunned at how dramatically the sound signature of my UM Miracles has altered now that I'm driving them with the DX100; whereas before, using the J3, I was forced to EQ the Miracles to bring them (somewhat) into balance, it's no longer necessary.
If HM do the amplification right on the 802/901, perhaps a similar positive scenario may emerge.
I'm still watching the 802/901 with optimism.



Exactly. It seems very neutral DAPs with powerful Amp sections have the ability to sound good stock. For me this is a great plus because I hate using EQ. It just annoys me to no end to have to constantly change EQ for certain songs or genres. I just wanna set it and forget it... The same goes for the Studio V. It actually has no EQ options but I don't have the urge to EQ at all :).

post #129 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post


I EQ it to hell. Left bass side  at 5 right side at 0
 



 



Then again my IEMs are bass heavy...

post #130 of 733



MG6Pro is the most bass heavy and I EQ it. Its ok if you want to simply enjoy the music as is but I like adding bass to it so I can feel it more. Certain songs requires the song to be EQued. Cable upgrade is a form of EQuing so is different earphones. If The power is within reach I will use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



Then again my IEMs are bass heavy...



 

post #131 of 733



If you listening to Old old music yeah there were no bass so back then it was all pretty neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



Exactly. It seems very neutral DAPs with powerful Amp sections have the ability to sound good stock. For me this is a great plus because I hate using EQ. It just annoys me to no end to have to constantly change EQ for certain songs or genres. I just wanna set it and forget it... The same goes for the Studio V. It actually has no EQ options but I don't have the urge to EQ at all :).



 

post #132 of 733

I should probably make it clear that the statement about not having EQ on upcoming (if any!) firmware releases conserns the current HM-players, NOT the ones HiFiMan is developing at the moment. These will have the new Tai-Chi firmware and it will most likely have an EQ.

post #133 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post



MG6Pro is the most bass heavy and I EQ it. Its ok if you want to simply enjoy the music as is but I like adding bass to it so I can feel it more. Certain songs requires the song to be EQued. Cable upgrade is a form of EQuing so is different earphones. If The power is within reach I will use it.



 



heheh, you're a total bass-head, bmiamihk! "Big rolling balls of bass"-head-ism!! biggrin.gif

post #134 of 733


big , bigge. widerr and taller then a house rolling towards me and through me.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post



heheh, you're a total bass-head, bmiamihk! "Big rolling balls of bass"-head-ism!! biggrin.gif



 

post #135 of 733

Im kinda a bass head myself but I like control. I don't like my skull vibrating like a subwoofer though :-). That is what prompted me to mod my former Denons to Open-Back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"