Normally in 2 months the HM-802 will be released (May 2012), I have great hopes in this DAP, for the form factor and the UI. I don't want an Android DAP, I allready have one phone and a tablet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Is this the next flagship Hifi portable player from Hifiman? Last post on 10/8/12 at 11:17pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi" - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
tried the UI, very intuitive and easy to use!! this is the dream, since i don't really like a touch screen DAP like DX100
hopefully it will become available in 60x line up soon as well
My MAIN goal is having the best sound possible. second goal is getting that sound and still being portable. I have the Dx100 and its sound is spectacular. Very clean, detailed, powerful, and the EQ works very well. I had the 801 for over a month and it is a very nice player and yes I like the simplicity of it but the player is not as powerful as the IBasso DX100 at all and not even as powerful as the Cowon D2 so I will need a amp to go with the 801 brick (DX100 is also a brick but no amp needed to be attached to it cause it has the power). If the 802 can have equal the power of the iBasso and sounds as good and it is not Andriod then I will but it right away.
I had the 801 for over a month and it is a very nice player and yes I like the simplicity of it but the player is not as powerful as the IBasso DX100 at all and not even as powerful as the Cowon D2 so I will need a amp to go with the 801 brick (DX100 is also a brick but no amp needed to be attached to it cause it has the power).
The Balanced amp card for the HM-801 is actually much more powerful than the DX100. It delivers 440mW and the DX100 is "only" 245mW. There is also a single ended power amp (blue PCB) which is supplied with newer HM-801 units, but I haven't seen any spec's for it yet.
Edited by LarsHP - 3/29/12 at 2:25am
why would anyone spend another $250, on top of $790 you paid for the hm801?
hifiman SHOULD use balanced amp card as the default hm801 amp and charge $790 for it. or else, what's stopping anyone from buying DX100? nothing
Then I must have been hearing the stock amp.
I think your viewpoint is outdated. The later HM-801 units has been shipped with BOTH a standard amp for iem's AND a power amp module for full size headphones.
Nobody is stopping anybody from anything as long as it's not illegal, I guess. I may want an Ipod with 24-bit support and high end DAC chip and super amp included. I may want a Porche for price of a VW and that all computers should include a printer for the same price and, and, and ... this is just not how things are.
The balanced amp is only for those who want to drive their headphones like that. THAT is an extra cost, but there are in fact no other DAP's even giving you that opportunity to choose. You are forced to buy a separte portable amp. HM-801 with the optional balanced module is a one-box solution that no other DAP can come up with (at the moment at least).
Edited by LarsHP - 3/29/12 at 7:51am
Well, I guess we're all watching and waiting to see what HifiMan can come up with, in response to 801 criticisms, and DX100 gauntlet-throwing from iBasso.
The ball is in HifiMan's court at the moment. With the 802/901, they have an opportunity to silence criticisms of the 801. The question is: Will they?
that's exactly why they come up with new product
I have talked to Fang about this, and he says they outsourced the firmware project. I guess they are working on the new HM-series instead of doing something about the "old". He said that the EQ is disabled because the contract with Microsoft is over. In other words the EQ won't be back even with an update of the old firmware
He also said, that they have been working on the firmware for the new HM-players for about 3 years now ...
Edited by LarsHP - 3/30/12 at 3:09am
I have talked to Fang about this, and he says they outsourced the firmware project. I guess they are working on the new HM-series instead of doing something about the "old". He said that the EQ is disabled because the contract with Microsoft is over. In other words the EQ won't be back even with an update of the old firmware ...
Wait that don't make sense? Why can't you just revert to an older version of the firmware and thus fix the EQ issues? Otherwise you Hifiman owners (is this limited to the 801 or the whole series) are left holding the bag...
Because the EQ was licensed for a certain period. Users with the older firmware can still use it of course, but HiFiMan can't let people upload it from their site. This is how I understand it - I may be wrong.
That makes sense. But I'm sure people must have a copy of the Older firmware right? Sharing is caring :).
- <Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread just now
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2