Yeah it is tight, but I've never had to remove it once since I bought it so not really an issue. I'd hate it if it was anymore loose than this...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide. Last post on Today at 8:40 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 4/4/15 at 10:40am in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 11/21/14 at 6:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex HP-P1 vs High End DAPs? What can you tell me about SQ? Last post on 2/13/14 at 2:16pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just wondering what you used to cut the hole for the light on top and how you determined where to cut it? It looks great and it would be good to have something to cover the amp.
found it on amazon here
Awesome find on Amazon! Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia for some reason... :(
I used a Swann Morton scalpel, my other hobby is wooden ship building and I am quite adept with a scalpel...
Simply fit the cover over and with your fingers you can imprint the case with the locations of the USB charge plug hole, then cut around it using the scalpel in situ.
Not sure how else you would do it really... Know anyone with a scalpel??
Edited by Lillee - 5/7/12 at 11:26pm
lol yeah I just got mine today on cut out an area in the back so I could get to the gain usb and optical out. Honestly after putting the case on and off a few times I thought it came out fairly easily so I'm not sure you'd have to alter at all if ya didn't feel like it but does fit nice.
Do you know where I can get an aftermarket USB iPod connector?
This stock one doesn't look the greatest.
Moon Audio and ALO both make a cable they aren't cheap though griffen and incase also make some that are more affordable if you are looking to change just the look and not the sound sorry for the late reply.
The widest selection of 30 pin to USB cables are in Japan I think. For instance:
This one's quite nice and you can trust it because Furutech is a quality brand.
Moon & Tide:
This one I tried on a whim and it's quite good. I find it hard to hear any SQ difference but the connectors click well and on the 30-pin side have lock-releases.
There are others that cost more, of course, but for price/performance I like these.
Edited by gkanai - 7/8/12 at 8:05am
- Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 28 seconds ago
- › Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 36 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › From small beginnings 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2