Yeah it is tight, but I've never had to remove it once since I bought it so not really an issue. I'd hate it if it was anymore loose than this...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 7/23/16 at 6:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 4/4/15 at 10:40am in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 9/1/15 at 12:15pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex HP-P1 vs High End DAPs? What can you tell me about SQ? Last post on 2/13/14 at 2:16pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just wondering what you used to cut the hole for the light on top and how you determined where to cut it? It looks great and it would be good to have something to cover the amp.
found it on amazon here
Awesome find on Amazon! Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia for some reason... :(
I used a Swann Morton scalpel, my other hobby is wooden ship building and I am quite adept with a scalpel...
Simply fit the cover over and with your fingers you can imprint the case with the locations of the USB charge plug hole, then cut around it using the scalpel in situ.
Not sure how else you would do it really... Know anyone with a scalpel??
Edited by Lillee - 5/7/12 at 11:26pm
lol yeah I just got mine today on cut out an area in the back so I could get to the gain usb and optical out. Honestly after putting the case on and off a few times I thought it came out fairly easily so I'm not sure you'd have to alter at all if ya didn't feel like it but does fit nice.
Do you know where I can get an aftermarket USB iPod connector?
This stock one doesn't look the greatest.
Moon Audio and ALO both make a cable they aren't cheap though griffen and incase also make some that are more affordable if you are looking to change just the look and not the sound sorry for the late reply.
The widest selection of 30 pin to USB cables are in Japan I think. For instance:
This one's quite nice and you can trust it because Furutech is a quality brand.
Moon & Tide:
This one I tried on a whim and it's quite good. I find it hard to hear any SQ difference but the connectors click well and on the 30-pin side have lock-releases.
There are others that cost more, of course, but for price/performance I like these.
Edited by gkanai - 7/8/12 at 8:05am
- Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig
- › Cardas A8 IEM 53 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 59 seconds ago
- › Anyone tried the new Parasound Zdac v.2? 1 minute ago
- › IS HD650 or T90 an upgrade to Denon D2000 ? worth buying if i... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Museum Exhibitions 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a comfortable IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...