Yeah it is tight, but I've never had to remove it once since I bought it so not really an issue. I'd hate it if it was anymore loose than this...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex HP-P1 vs High End DAPs? What can you tell me about SQ? Last post on 2/13/14 at 2:16pm in Dedicated Source Components
- HP-P1 trying to charge my device and stops working. Last post on 2/6/14 at 10:00am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just wondering what you used to cut the hole for the light on top and how you determined where to cut it? It looks great and it would be good to have something to cover the amp.
found it on amazon here
Awesome find on Amazon! Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia for some reason... :(
I used a Swann Morton scalpel, my other hobby is wooden ship building and I am quite adept with a scalpel...
Simply fit the cover over and with your fingers you can imprint the case with the locations of the USB charge plug hole, then cut around it using the scalpel in situ.
Not sure how else you would do it really... Know anyone with a scalpel??
Edited by Lillee - 5/7/12 at 11:26pm
lol yeah I just got mine today on cut out an area in the back so I could get to the gain usb and optical out. Honestly after putting the case on and off a few times I thought it came out fairly easily so I'm not sure you'd have to alter at all if ya didn't feel like it but does fit nice.
Do you know where I can get an aftermarket USB iPod connector?
This stock one doesn't look the greatest.
Moon Audio and ALO both make a cable they aren't cheap though griffen and incase also make some that are more affordable if you are looking to change just the look and not the sound sorry for the late reply.
The widest selection of 30 pin to USB cables are in Japan I think. For instance:
This one's quite nice and you can trust it because Furutech is a quality brand.
Moon & Tide:
This one I tried on a whim and it's quite good. I find it hard to hear any SQ difference but the connectors click well and on the 30-pin side have lock-releases.
There are others that cost more, of course, but for price/performance I like these.
Edited by gkanai - 7/8/12 at 8:05am
- Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 30 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)