Yeah it is tight, but I've never had to remove it once since I bought it so not really an issue. I'd hate it if it was anymore loose than this...
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemFostex HP P1
Related Forum Threads
- New HP-P1 For Sale $450 dollars including shipping! Last post on Yesterday at 6:52 am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Fostex HP-P1 + Qusps Twisted Cable LOD $400 HUGE PRICE DROP! Last post on 5/20/13 at 1:46pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Anybody have a Fostex Hp-p1 and 1 of the Denon music maniac headphones? Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which one to get? Fostex HP-P1 vs Sony PHA-1 Last post on 5/5/13 at 12:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FS: Fostex HP-P1 - $390 standard worldwide shipping incl (HUGE price drop) Last post on 4/28/13 at 9:18am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“sound good, comfortable, iPhone compatible”“sound surrounds you, enough bass to make you want to sway”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
I was just wondering what you used to cut the hole for the light on top and how you determined where to cut it? It looks great and it would be good to have something to cover the amp.
found it on amazon here
Awesome find on Amazon! Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia for some reason... :(
I used a Swann Morton scalpel, my other hobby is wooden ship building and I am quite adept with a scalpel...
Simply fit the cover over and with your fingers you can imprint the case with the locations of the USB charge plug hole, then cut around it using the scalpel in situ.
Not sure how else you would do it really... Know anyone with a scalpel??
Edited by Lillee - 5/7/12 at 11:26pm
lol yeah I just got mine today on cut out an area in the back so I could get to the gain usb and optical out. Honestly after putting the case on and off a few times I thought it came out fairly easily so I'm not sure you'd have to alter at all if ya didn't feel like it but does fit nice.
Do you know where I can get an aftermarket USB iPod connector?
This stock one doesn't look the greatest.
The widest selection of 30 pin to USB cables are in Japan I think. For instance:
This one's quite nice and you can trust it because Furutech is a quality brand.
Moon & Tide:
This one I tried on a whim and it's quite good. I find it hard to hear any SQ difference but the connectors click well and on the 30-pin side have lock-releases.
There are others that cost more, of course, but for price/performance I like these.
Edited by gkanai - 7/8/12 at 8:05am
- Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Indestructible, comfortable, well-isolating, great detail and clarity”“Small, lightweigt, solid, interchangable parts, easy to fall in love with.”
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mods for SR-009 34 seconds ago
- › The pain of walking into a hifi store... 54 seconds ago
- › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe