Yeah it is tight, but I've never had to remove it once since I bought it so not really an issue. I'd hate it if it was anymore loose than this...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 8/2/16 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 4/4/15 at 10:40am in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 9/1/15 at 12:15pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex HP-P1 vs High End DAPs? What can you tell me about SQ? Last post on 2/13/14 at 2:16pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just wondering what you used to cut the hole for the light on top and how you determined where to cut it? It looks great and it would be good to have something to cover the amp.
found it on amazon here
Awesome find on Amazon! Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia for some reason... :(
I used a Swann Morton scalpel, my other hobby is wooden ship building and I am quite adept with a scalpel...
Simply fit the cover over and with your fingers you can imprint the case with the locations of the USB charge plug hole, then cut around it using the scalpel in situ.
Not sure how else you would do it really... Know anyone with a scalpel??
Edited by Lillee - 5/7/12 at 11:26pm
lol yeah I just got mine today on cut out an area in the back so I could get to the gain usb and optical out. Honestly after putting the case on and off a few times I thought it came out fairly easily so I'm not sure you'd have to alter at all if ya didn't feel like it but does fit nice.
Do you know where I can get an aftermarket USB iPod connector?
This stock one doesn't look the greatest.
Moon Audio and ALO both make a cable they aren't cheap though griffen and incase also make some that are more affordable if you are looking to change just the look and not the sound sorry for the late reply.
The widest selection of 30 pin to USB cables are in Japan I think. For instance:
This one's quite nice and you can trust it because Furutech is a quality brand.
Moon & Tide:
This one I tried on a whim and it's quite good. I find it hard to hear any SQ difference but the connectors click well and on the 30-pin side have lock-releases.
There are others that cost more, of course, but for price/performance I like these.
Edited by gkanai - 7/8/12 at 8:05am
- Cases for a Fostex HP-P1 based portable rig
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Like New - Audio Technica ATH-M50x w/Shure HPAEC840 Pads 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 3 minutes ago
- › [FS] SONY NWZ-A17 64GB DAP 5 minutes ago
- › WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A EXPENSIVE HEADPHONE THAT HAS A TERRIBLE... 5 minutes ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...