Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Alclair Reference Master Custom IEM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alclair Reference Master Custom IEM Review - Page 3

post #31 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRedBeard View Post

Cheers for all the advice A.J. You're a star.

 

I've had a peek at the Dream earz thread. Geez, going by that, i reckon i could be charged around £60 on top. They'd better be worth it. Haha!! :)

 

Cool. I'm sure i've got some "unpopped" bubble wrap/mailer knocking around somewhere.

 

As for the courier, i was just pondering whether there is a quicker/cheaper/more reliable way of sending the impressions. I can always fall back on the Royal Mail, if i can't find a company that would be better.

 

I'm off to get my impressions doen a Friday afternoon. (£29 pounds from Specsavers, if anyone's interested) Well, that's if i can Otex any wax out of my lug holes first. :)

 

Once again, thanks for the advice, dude.

 

Let us know how things go.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post


If you do send them by Royal Mail I'd use ISF for about £12-14.00  Gives you a tracking number.  Last time I sent something first class took about a fortnight to get to Sweden instead of Two-Three days by isf!  I also won largest box for a set of impressions as I'd double boxed them just to be on the safe side :)

 

Lol, largest box award!  On a somewhat unrelated note, I sent impressions to China via USPS First Class International and ended up sending another set with tracking.  My 2nd set arrived in a little over a week and after my unit shipped from China, the original set made it to the manufacturer.  Time vs. money!

post #32 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post


If you do send them by Royal Mail I'd use ISF for about £12-14.00  Gives you a tracking number.  Last time I sent something first class took about a fortnight to get to Sweden instead of Two-Three days by isf!  I also won largest box for a set of impressions as I'd double boxed them just to be on the safe side :)

 

 

Ooh, another golden nugget of a tip!

 

Gord bless ya, Mr. C. :)

post #33 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 

Let us know how things go.

 

 

 

I had the impressions done today. I'll post up a waxy looking photo or two tomorrow. :)

post #34 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRedBeard View Post

 

I had the impressions done today. I'll post up a waxy looking photo or two tomorrow. :)

 

Thanks!

post #35 of 86

Here's a few of the photos i took and will email to Amy for her perusal.

However, to my untrained eye, i have a feeling that they won't pass muster.

The nice lady at Specsavers said, that if they were not up to scratch, she'd do them again for nowt. Trouble is, she's only in the shop on Fridays, so i may have to wait another week, before i can send the buggers. :(

What do you guys reckon? A bit too shoddy?

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by CaptainRedBeard - 2/2/13 at 11:47am
post #36 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRedBeard View Post

Here's a few of the photos i took and will email to Amy for her perusal.

However, to my untrained eye, i have a feeling that they won't pass muster.

The nice lady at Specsavers said, that if they were not up to scratch, she'd do them again for nowt. Trouble is, she's only in the shop on Fridays, so i may have to wait another week, before i can send the buggers. :(

What do you guys reckon? A bit too shoddy?

 

 

 

 

 

 

The lab tech is supposed to fill voids and smooth things.  Can you stick them back in your ears and see how they fit?  Although the way that material looks doesn't instill confidence.  

post #37 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 

The lab tech is supposed to fill voids and smooth things.  Can you stick them back in your ears and see how they fit?  Although the way that material looks doesn't instill confidence.  

 

 

Ooh, i never thought of trying to fit them back in. I'll give it a go.

I've emailed the photos off this morning, so i'll wait with bated breath for the response.


Edited by CaptainRedBeard - 2/3/13 at 3:32am
post #38 of 86

WOO-HOO!!

 

Amy has approved the impressions, so i'll pass them on to Postman Pat tomorrow.

post #39 of 86

Congrats.  Now comes the hard part :-

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

THE WAIT!

 

Good luck :)

post #40 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Congrats.  Now comes the hard part :-

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

THE WAIT!

 

Good luck :)

 

Haha!! Cheers.

Yep, the wait for sure...and the wondering how much import tax etc may be coming my way. :) :)

post #41 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post


If you do send them by Royal Mail I'd use ISF for about £12-14.00  Gives you a tracking number.  Last time I sent something first class took about a fortnight to get to Sweden instead of Two-Three days by isf!  I also won largest box for a set of impressions as I'd double boxed them just to be on the safe side :)

I sent them ISF. It was only cost £10.69.

 

I've sent stuff to the US before and on average it's taken around 10-14 days to turn up. Postwoman Patricia at the P.O. told me that my ISF package would take around 3-5. I'm guessing that means 3-5 working days, but it's still pretty flippin' splendid.

 

Ta again for the tip, David.

post #42 of 86

Hi

 

I think what they meant was it'll take that time to get to the states.  After that it'll probably be another few days (for me it was about 5 working days to florida if that helps any!)to where ever Alclair is.  The tracking number is active right up until it leaves the country.  You will then get a "delivered and signed for" confirmation if you check the status.   You may want to email Alclair to see if they have any idea how long the average trip is.

 

Anyway hope it all works out for you and you don't need any dreaded refits!

 

Cheers

post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Hi

 

I think what they meant was it'll take that time to get to the states.  After that it'll probably be another few days (for me it was about 5 working days to florida if that helps any!)to where ever Alclair is.  The tracking number is active right up until it leaves the country.  You will then get a "delivered and signed for" confirmation if you check the status.   You may want to email Alclair to see if they have any idea how long the average trip is.

 

Anyway hope it all works out for you and you don't need any dreaded refits!

 

Cheers

 

 

 

 

Woo-hoo!!

 

They've arrived, safe and sound. Took only six days. (including weekend), so you were pretty well spot on, David.

 

I'm hoping to have the finished articles in my filthy mitts in around 3 weeks. :)

post #44 of 86

I just had a mail from Amy, informing me that my monitors have been shipped.

 

Ooh, i'm getting dead excited, i tells thee.

post #45 of 86

:)

 

Good luck with the fit.

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Alclair Reference Master Custom IEM Review