or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 55

post #811 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Check out if there's any sonic differences. A few months back OnizukaJP put comply's on & it sounded less detailed than my TG!334 with stock tips.

 

Well possible. My experience with the Comply's and the Triple-Fi 10 was that it mushed the bass detail a bit. Less certain on other frequencies but it certainly wasn't helping. They were quite comfortable though so it is a trade-off.

 

Stay away from the Comply's with the wax guard. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. (Find a post - even one post - from someone whose IEMs were harmed by wax.) It also reduced volume slightly and does not affect all frequencies equally.

post #812 of 4412
The Sony hybrid is definitely less detailed but it is really comfortable for me to wear. I have yet to experiment with the comply since I'm really enjoy the comfort brought about by the hybrid tip.
post #813 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
Stay away from the Comply's with the wax guard. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. (Find a post - even one post - from someone whose IEMs were harmed by wax.) It also reduced volume slightly and does not affect all frequencies equally.

A friend of mine borrowed one of my IEMs and later after 1 month when I received these I found the filter mesh covered with ear wax. From that moment I vowed never to lend my IEMs to anyone who looked even remotely oblivious of taking care of these things.

post #814 of 4412

Is anyone having a difficult time because the bore size is too large?  Thats my only fear of this.  Many IEMs I have tried didn't seal well because my right ear canal is smaller than my left.  The left seems to get a good fit whereas my right many times has trouble.  The sound can sound muffled on that side making it somewhat frustrating.  

post #815 of 4412
Thread Starter 

I have very oval, small ear canals. My right is also slightly larger than my left. The 334 fit great in my ears with just about any tip that I've tried. It's honestly more about the tip than the housing for fitment.

post #816 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

I have very oval, small ear canals. My right is also slightly larger than my left. The 334 fit great in my ears with just about any tip that I've tried. It's honestly more about the tip than the housing for fitment.

 

That's really depends on the person's ear. It's best to let him audition it since its quite an investment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Is anyone having a difficult time because the bore size is too large?  Thats my only fear of this.  Many IEMs I have tried didn't seal well because my right ear canal is smaller than my left.  The left seems to get a good fit whereas my right many times has trouble.  The sound can sound muffled on that side making it somewhat frustrating.  

 

Have you tried UE super.fis or Triple.fis? they got around the same bore size(from estimation I might go as far as they use the same tips as well).

I had problems with those models it fits fine when I just stay still or just sitting around chilling, but the seal sometime loose or break when I walk around or chewing snacks (with all tips not including comply ones).

I've auditioned the 334 but havn't tried walk around with them yet or even chewing.

It is in my priority to do list next time I have a chance to visit the local headphone store tho.

Also stock cable that comes with the 334 is one of the loudest cable I ever put in to my ears.

post #817 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamz View Post

Also stock cable that comes with the 334 is one of the loudest cable I ever put in to my ears.

Please explain what you mean.

post #818 of 4412

Hi, I need to contact manufacturer of these IEMs. Are there representatives here on head-fi? Thank you.

post #819 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungie View Post

Hi, I need to contact manufacturer of these IEMs. Are there representatives here on head-fi? Thank you.

 

No.

post #820 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Please explain what you mean.

I would hazard a guess that he means microphonic, because that cable really is microphonic.
post #821 of 4412

I can confirm that microphonic on 334 stock cable is very very bad.

post #822 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamz View Post

 

That's really depends on the person's ear. It's best to let him audition it since its quite an investment.

 

 

Have you tried UE super.fis or Triple.fis? they got around the same bore size(from estimation I might go as far as they use the same tips as well).

I had problems with those models it fits fine when I just stay still or just sitting around chilling, but the seal sometime loose or break when I walk around or chewing snacks (with all tips not including comply ones).

I've auditioned the 334 but havn't tried walk around with them yet or even chewing.

It is in my priority to do list next time I have a chance to visit the local headphone store tho.

Also stock cable that comes with the 334 is one of the loudest cable I ever put in to my ears.

No the largest bores I've had were the IE8, and vPulse.  They fit pretty well but don't really stay in when I hit the weight room.  Other than that I have had a few Shure IEM's, SM3v1 and 2 (v1 fit really well and didn't fall out when in the weight room.)  Westone 4, MG7 and none of these fit my ear very well except the Sm3v1 and MG7 when I am in the weight room.  All the others fall out of my right ear when I am weight lifting or jogging.  

post #823 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Please explain what you mean.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post


I would hazard a guess that he means microphonic, because that cable really is microphonic.

 

 

Thank you,

temporaryname the word escape me when I was writing the post.

 

So how bad is the microphonic on the stock wire was?

it is like wearing an un-briad stiff solid core wire. anything touches the wire you'll  hear them even the slightest movement of wire rubbing your clothing.

if I can finally decide/convince myself to pay for another high-end IEM including the fact that there is one for me to buy.

I would change to custom or after market cables right away. It is that bad. Atleast to my ears when I was auditioning it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

No the largest bores I've had were the IE8, and vPulse.  They fit pretty well but don't really stay in when I hit the weight room.  Other than that I have had a few Shure IEM's, SM3v1 and 2 (v1 fit really well and didn't fall out when in the weight room.)  Westone 4, MG7 and none of these fit my ear very well except the Sm3v1 and MG7 when I am in the weight room.  All the others fall out of my right ear when I am weight lifting or jogging.  

 

I would say a 1000$ IEM that might fall off one's ear in a weight room/jogging running is a baddddd idea just throw that out while thinking of my old super.fi5 pro.


Edited by Tamz - 9/12/12 at 8:45am
post #824 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

No the largest bores I've had were the IE8, and vPulse.  They fit pretty well but don't really stay in when I hit the weight room.  Other than that I have had a few Shure IEM's, SM3v1 and 2 (v1 fit really well and didn't fall out when in the weight room.)  Westone 4, MG7 and none of these fit my ear very well except the Sm3v1 and MG7 when I am in the weight room.  All the others fall out of my right ear when I am weight lifting or jogging.  

 

I wouldn't think of using such an expensive IEM in a workout environment personally. I'd reserve something like my GR07 for winter road bike on the trainer duties... I'd cry for days if my TG!334's fell off and got crunched during a workout. However I have used them outside walking around the yard a couple times, and I agree they do tend to work loose and not stay put very well. Periodic reseating is required.


Edited by cn11 - 9/12/12 at 8:53am
post #825 of 4412

Ya I understand your guys points of view.  I most likely wouldn't use the TG334 for the weight room as it seems pretty bulky already.  I'm curious if it would stay in with its large bores.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!