Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 265

post #3961 of 3971
Serious question - Does a gold chassis actually do anything for sound?

I'm more interested in this "partitioned coaxial sound hole (patented)" thing though.
Edited by kurochin - 5/17/15 at 11:32am
post #3962 of 3971

so anyone have a clue for it cost yet?

 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=12692

 

i found some nice Fitear Tone in white too

post #3963 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi View Post
 

so anyone have a clue for it cost yet?

 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=12692

 

i found some nice Fitear Tone in white too

Around 2 millions yen according to e-earphone's speculation. Definitely not $unobtanium I would say.

 

The TONE seems to be hefty in the low end. 

post #3964 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

Serious question - Does a gold chassis actually do anything for sound?

...


I demo`d those 18k gold 335s, with Suyama-san.  He told me directly the gold has no impact on the sound quality.  They`re 

shockingly heavy but the cable - also one-of-a-kind vintage SPC - holds them in place without any trouble. 

post #3965 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post

Around 2 millions yen according to e-earphone's speculation. Definitely not $unobtanium I would say.

The TONE seems to be hefty in the low end. 
It's 18K gold. It's ¥unobtanium cos it won't be sold, not because of $$. It's a prototype/play.
post #3966 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post

Around 2 millions yen according to e-earphone's speculation. Definitely not $unobtanium I would say.

The TONE seems to be hefty in the low end. 
It's 18K gold. It's ¥unobtanium cos it won't be sold, not because of $$. It's a prototype/play.

That's a bit mean spirited :(. Especially when they plaster it on the front page of their website. 

But we'll still love them regardless.

post #3967 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


It's 18K gold. It's ¥unobtanium cos it won't be sold, not because of $$. It's a prototype/play.

 

Nah I knew it was meant to be a joke (who in their right mind would pay 10x for something sounding the same as the 335DWSR?). Just being sarcastic in my earlier post. 

post #3968 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

That's a bit mean spirited :(. Especially when they plaster it on the front page of their website. 

But we'll still love them regardless.

 

Part of the reason why I was attracted to FitEar was because of their no-nonsense aesthetic. No fancy artsy-fartsy shells or sparkly coating - just great build quality and finishing. I'd rather see this 18K nonsense in one-off prototype form than them releasing an official line of tacky "Apple Watch Edition" equivalents to please the socialite types who carry their chihuahuas in gaudy handbags.


Edited by kurochin - 5/18/15 at 1:27pm
post #3969 of 3971

I'm waiting for a TG435. I know, zero chance. Sucha pity though.

post #3970 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post
 

I'm waiting for a TG435. I know, zero chance. Sucha pity though.

I think its basically confirmed with that pic. 

no idea on the timeline tho.

Edit: im Stupid and cant read. Ahaha

Edit: http://fitear.jp/music/product/fiteartogo.html Did he cut a driver from the TG334 or is it a typo?


Edited by Rotijon - 5/18/15 at 9:26pm
post #3971 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotijon View Post
 



Edit: http://fitear.jp/music/product/fiteartogo.html Did he cut a driver from the TG334 or is it a typo?

 

It must be typo; it says 4 drivers if you click on the 334 link: 

 

http://fitear.jp/music/product/togo334.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!