or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 25

post #361 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post


Just memorize all the model numbers, and you will be fine xD. 1st number for crossovers, 2nd for unit, 3rd for drivers. 


got it, thanks!

post #362 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

I'd buy the TO GO! 333 in a heartbeat despite owning the TO GO! 334 already.

 

I have a contact who will help me buy Japanese customs by acting as a middle man for some of the these companies, so I'm also considering getting a full-on CIEM from FitEar. As much as I'd like to get the Private 333, I'm more drawn to the Private C435.

 

I've heard the Private C435, and although it was molded to my ears, it was eye opening and jaw dropping. 20 mins of demoing and 5 weeks later I can still remember exactly the sound and feeling that it gave me, unforgettable.

post #363 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillee View Post

 

I've heard the Private C435, and although it was molded to my ears, it was eye opening and jaw dropping. 20 mins of demoing and 5 weeks later I can still remember exactly the sound and feeling that it gave me, unforgettable.

 

FitEar doesn't talk about it much for various reasons I suppose. It seems like the black sheep of Suyama's family lol.

 

That mysteriousness is part of what draws me to it.

post #364 of 4437

Exclusivity is very appealing I agree.

 

Honestly if I had $2000+ right now to drop on customs I'd buy C435 or MH334 in a heartbeat. They were truly revolutionary for me in terms of my head-fi journey. So much so that 4 weeks after listening to them I dropped a wad of cash on ES5's, in a attempt to get somewhere near this newly discovered level. 

 

Put it this way: The SQ leap from iPod iBuds to SE535ltd, I felt this same leap from SE535Ltd to C435. It is THAT big of a leap and IMO worth the asking price.

 

Everything about it was good, even the quality of the build. The way the cables plugged in, was like a BMW door closing compared to a cheap 1990's car. The shells, the case etc.

 

I walked away immediately poorer (money wise) because I knew immediately I had to spend another $$$$!

post #365 of 4437

Hello Jeremy,

 

I'd not say either the 334 or 333 has more bass. But, one has thicker, more melodic mids. That is the 334. The 334 has more extension in the highs in terms of extension up the frequency scale, but both are quite neutral along their frequency lines. The 333 has a slightly more wide sound versus the 334, with the impression of more space between channels and maybe between instruments. But they are similar. Suyama earphones definitely have a house flavour which favours flatness at the expense of either space or lushness and not much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post


So that means the 334 will perform very well for vocals and acoustic guitars? And I'm thinking the 333 has the much brighter sound? Which would you say has more bass? 

post #366 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Hello Jeremy,

 

I'd not say either the 334 or 333 has more bass. But, one has thicker, more melodic mids. That is the 334. The 334 has more extension in the highs in terms of extension up the frequency scale, but both are quite neutral along their frequency lines. The 333 has a slightly more wide sound versus the 334, with the impression of more space between channels and maybe between instruments. But they are similar. Suyama earphones definitely have a house flavour which favours flatness at the expense of either space or lushness and not much else.

I see, interesting... Thanks for the info!

post #367 of 4437

Totally agreed, that is for normal 535 compared to togo! 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillee View Post

Exclusivity is very appealing I agree.

 

Honestly if I had $2000+ right now to drop on customs I'd buy C435 or MH334 in a heartbeat. They were truly revolutionary for me in terms of my head-fi journey. So much so that 4 weeks after listening to them I dropped a wad of cash on ES5's, in a attempt to get somewhere near this newly discovered level. 

 

Put it this way: The SQ leap from iPod iBuds to SE535ltd, I felt this same leap from SE535Ltd to C435. It is THAT big of a leap and IMO worth the asking price.

 

Everything about it was good, even the quality of the build. The way the cables plugged in, was like a BMW door closing compared to a cheap 1990's car. The shells, the case etc.

 

I walked away immediately poorer (money wise) because I knew immediately I had to spend another $$$$!

post #368 of 4437

By the way, although the build quality is top notch, they are immensely microphonic but it doesn't bother me a bit, because they sound so good at higher levels that I tent to listen a bit higher than usual and can't listen to the microphonic. But yes, if the music is off I can listen even when I touch my iPod.

post #369 of 4437

EMS tracking shows that it's already landed in my country. If all goes well I should be getting them at my doorsteps today. Fingers crossed!

post #370 of 4437

So this afternoon I finally got my hands on them. They're really well built and beautiful. Something you'd expect in Japan standards. I need more time with them, but I'm really liking what I hear. They're really revealing.

 

7470672922_ee21a61e11_z.jpg

post #371 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post

So this afternoon I finally got my hands on them. They're really well built and beautiful. Something you'd expect in Japan standards. I need more time with them, but I'm really liking what I hear. They're really revealing.

 

7470672922_ee21a61e11_z.jpg


So far, do you find them to be neutral towards the bright or dark side more? 

post #372 of 4437

welcome to the club palestofwhite, and yes they are really revealing

post #373 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post

So this afternoon I finally got my hands on them. They're really well built and beautiful. Something you'd expect in Japan standards. I need more time with them, but I'm really liking what I hear. They're really revealing.

350x263px-LL-8ea83aae_7470672922_ee21a61e11_z.jpeg

Beautiful setup, i already have the classic, so...biggrin.gif
BTW where did you bought the iPod skin?
post #374 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira View Post


Beautiful setup, i already have the classic, so...biggrin.gif
BTW where did you bought the iPod skin?


Thanks Vitor, the "Skin" that's on the classic is a silicone case from Powersupport. I bought it from my country's apple online store.

I'm not really a fan of silicone cases, but I must say the Japanese did a good implementation on this. It's rather solid and doesn't attract much lint.


Edited by palestofwhite - 7/1/12 at 8:32am
post #375 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post


Thanks Vitor, the "Skin" that's on the classic is a silicone case from Powersupport. I bought it through my country's apple online store.

I'm not really a fan of silicone case, but I must say the Japanese did a good implementation of this. It's rather solid and doesn't attract much lint.

 

 

May i ask where you guys bought the 334, since you're living outside Japan? PriceJapan?

They look very sturdy and well built (they should be at that price!).

Coming from UM Miracle, has anyone heard both?

While i loved the sound that the Miracle's could deliver i never found a perfect fit and for the time being i'm not leaning towards customs, would love to know how this two can compare (if they are comparable at all..)


Edited by Vitor Teixeira - 7/1/12 at 8:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!