Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 231

post #3451 of 3760

yup I have 1x and 2.5x.

you can turn the 6x or whatever into 1x by just cutting the right resistor like a messy barbarian(explainations and pics on nwavguy's blog)

actually the o2 is ok for most IEMs and I'm guessing that all knobs don't go imbalanced at the same point. it's just that the 334 is one hell of a sensitive fellow.

post #3452 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 

yup I have 1x and 2.5x.

you can turn the 6x or whatever into 1x by just cutting the right resistor like a messy barbarian(explainations and pics on nwavguy's blog)

actually the o2 is ok for most IEMs and I'm guessing that all knobs don't go imbalanced at the same point. it's just that the 334 is one hell of a sensitive fellow.

 

Yep that's what I did with the mod I mentioned in my prior post. Still not quite the headroom I wanted but it was enough to get by with the IE80s.

post #3453 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

yup I have 1x and 2.5x.
you can turn the 6x or whatever into 1x by just cutting the right resistor like a messy barbarian(explainations and pics on nwavguy's blog)
actually the o2 is ok for most IEMs and I'm guessing that all knobs don't go imbalanced at the same point. it's just that the 334 is one hell of a sensitive fellow.

That might not play well with the ladies. Some prefer the insensitive type wink.gif
post #3454 of 3760

^_^

post #3455 of 3760

Managed to get the 000 cable for my TG334.. First listen my jaw literally dropped on the floor..

 

.

post #3456 of 3760

So, I've placed an order for the JDS OBJECTIVE2. What I expect, pray and hope for is that it will enable me to adjust the volume of the sound that comes straight out of my CLAS -dB DAC into my 334. If it works it'll be a dream come true. Anyway, and as "they" say, if anything sounds too good to be true, chances are it isn't it. Well, we'll see...

post #3457 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post
 

Managed to get the 000 cable for my TG334.. First listen my jaw literally dropped on the floor..

 

.

You just got to give me some details, please! I just can't believe in cables (wish I could) and consequently never tried it. I wish as was wrong though as anything that is able to improve SQ is more than welcome. Now, I'm just assuming your jaw dropped on the floor because you were impressed? Or, was it the other way around?

:popcorn:

post #3458 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post
 

Managed to get the 000 cable for my TG334.. First listen my jaw literally dropped on the floor..

 

.

Throw your money at me too. :evil: I'll make a 0000 cable for you, it has an extra 0 for extra soundstage.

post #3459 of 3760

it would be nice to measure the impedance difference and level of crosstalk of both cables.

I think the more expensive one has 1ground cable for each side instead of a common one. it ends up in the same ground ring on the jack, but it surely changes a few little things. also silver or silver platted instead of copper if I remember right?

well the cost difference is really to much for that stiff cable. I'll stick with my 18$ impedance adapters and crossfeed options.

post #3460 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

You just got to give me some details, please! I just can't believe in cables (wish I could) and consequently never tried it. I wish as was wrong though as anything that is able to improve SQ is more than welcome. Now, I'm just assuming your jaw dropped on the floor because you were impressed? Or, was it the other way around?

:popcorn:

000 cable is twice as thick and stiff then the 001 cable. Do note if u really dislike stiff cable...However the 000 cable bring out what should be the sound of the TG334. Soundstage is wider (very prominent). Low, mid and high all got more extension to them... Bass does goes deeper.. i would say if the 000 cable bring out 100% capabilities of the TG334 then the 001 cable only about 70%. There is more depth in the 000 cable...I am super impressed.. 

 

I tried the Nocturnal Audio hybrid cable (copper+ silver) although there are improvement in mid and high, low more extension too but lost its depth and prat. Soundstage is mess up. As most third party cable makers does not have fitear connectors terminate for audition purposes u need to purchase with a leap in faith.. i find that it is a waste of time and $$$.. and i believe fitear they know what they are doing. Their ingenious tuning of their IEM and CIEM drivers show what they are capable of. 

post #3461 of 3760

anyone tried the BTG starlight cable and the 000 cable or ALO SX24 cable for that matter?  

post #3462 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post
 

anyone tried the BTG starlight cable and the 000 cable or ALO SX24 cable for that matter?  

I bought my 334 used and it came with the Starlight and 001 cables. Haven't really used the 001, but the Starlight is a very nice cable. I have another Starlight with a different termination.

post #3463 of 3760

I have a Starlight cable I have not posted for sale, but it's currently only serving as a backup. BTG makes good cables, and hate to see it sitting around.  If anyone is interested, please pm me.

post #3464 of 3760
I'm just curious if the BTG Starlight cable competes at all with the 000 cable. I've never heard the 000 cable but quite interested. I didn't really care for the ALO cable because of how stiff it was and the sound wasn't a huge improvement over stock 001. The BTG cable is slightly better than 001 IMO but if the 000 cable brings it up another notch, then I'm sold. Thanks for any input.
post #3465 of 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I'm just curious if the BTG Starlight cable competes at all with the 000 cable. I've never heard the 000 cable but quite interested. I didn't really care for the ALO cable because of how stiff it was and the sound wasn't a huge improvement over stock 001. The BTG cable is slightly better than 001 IMO but if the 000 cable brings it up another notch, then I'm sold. Thanks for any input.

 

My 2 yen worth,

 

These are my thoughts from a very brief impression. To be honest I round it hard pressed to tell the diff between the 000 & the BTG cable. In terms of price, sonics, and ergonomic the BTG makes sense. It's not sonically better than the 000 but a $100 cable that sounds on par with a $300, it's a no-brainer.

 

The only thing though about that particular BTG cable (as that was the only one I experienced) was its durability.  It belonged to a friend of mine and initially one channel was partially cutting out. I was told recently that the cutout is now permanent. Possibly it was the rare odd case.

 

Meanwhile, I'm still on my 000 since I already have it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!