or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 220

post #3286 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

^ they are third-party tips right? Not original Sony?

 

Not original SONY. I don't think SONY even makes eartips with the FitEar size bore. At least I have never seen any when I search w/Google 


Edited by burtomr - 2/12/14 at 10:16pm
post #3287 of 4412

No wonder, coz I'm only aware of Sony hybrid tips, which like you mentioned have smaller and stiffer bore.

Another tips that worth a try are the V-Moda tips.

They are softer than the Ortofon, but can't give better seal

post #3288 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Here's the Ortofon's compared to the SONY's. Both are the 'Large' size.

 

                  SONY                   ORTOFON

 

I also made some measurements of the two:

 

                  SONY         ORTOFON                     

MAX DIA       .55                .50

HEIGHT         .32                .38

BORE DIA

BACKSIDE     .16                 .15

EARSIDE       .21                 .18

 

Results: The SONY is large in diameter but shorter in length. The Ortofon seals better inspite of it's smaller diameter because it sits deeper into my ear. The Ortofon is also more comfortable maybe because of it's shape. I get much better SQ from the Ortofon especially the dynamics from Rock drum kits (slam 'n' thwack).

 

Summary: I wish there was one size bigger Ortofon to try but it's actually about the same size as the SONY. The Ortofon has a unique shape that is much more comfortable and seals better than the 'bulb' shape of most eartips like the SONY.

 

Winner So Far: ORTOFON

 

Glad you got a chance to compare, and sorry about your $5!!  I tried the Ortofon's again last night, and I still feel like I have to push them way too deeply and still don't get the low mids and bass I want.  Also, I should have thought about the sonic differences between my Parterre and your 334 with all the discussed tips.  Anyway, I'm with you, we should start a write in campaign with Ortofon to have them make an XL tip.  That would be perfect for us big eared folks!

post #3289 of 4412

that's why I end up with comply on everything even though the trebles can suffer a bit. you can get large enough one, but more importantly in my case, long enough. so I can place the IEM for sound or comfort instead of just trying to get a seal. with silicone tips I spend my time fiddling until I find the exact depth where the largest part of the tip gets in front of the narrow part of my ear canal(strangely enough my canal gets larger the deeper you go, up to the 2nd bend where none shall pass! ).

 

there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution for everybody ortofon didn't do it for me at all. that's when you give up and go custom. hermagerd Mr Suyama Y U NO sell kustoms abroad!!!!!!! ok comply then ^_^.

post #3290 of 4412

i purchased some, i will give them a try and see how i like it

post #3291 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 

that's why I end up with comply on everything even though the trebles can suffer a bit. you can get large enough one, but more importantly in my case, long enough. so I can place the IEM for sound or comfort instead of just trying to get a seal. with silicone tips I spend my time fiddling until I find the exact depth where the largest part of the tip gets in front of the narrow part of my ear canal(strangely enough my canal gets larger the deeper you go, up to the 2nd bend where none shall pass! ).

 

there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution for everybody ortofon didn't do it for me at all. that's when you give up and go custom. hermagerd Mr Suyama Y U NO sell kustoms abroad!!!!!!! ok comply then ^_^.

 

What model Comply do you use?  I have some 400's but don't know if they fit the titanium nozzle.

post #3292 of 4412

500 is what I use and what comply would recommend as the noozzle is the exact same as on the IE80. (IE80 tips are as bad on the a togo as they are on the IE80 so don't waste time)

but I've seen people say they used 400 too(and same on the IE80) so it should work, just if it's a little hard, maybe expand the tube with a pen or something before resorting to brute force. I though I had some 400 left but I can't seem to find them so I can't try.

post #3293 of 4412
500 is good and preferred, just don't like the often replenishment with comply. Annoying.

Ortofon is great but may not be working for everybody
post #3294 of 4412

My Toxic Silver Poison with FitEar OM connectors has arrived! :dt880smile:

 

post #3295 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDevil View Post

My Toxic Silver Poison with FitEar OM connectors has arrived! dt880smile.png



Looks great! Character building wait for all concerned. Hope it was worth it! smily_headphones1.gif
post #3296 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Looks great! Character building wait for all concerned. Hope it was worth it! smily_headphones1.gif

And character losing for some! :wink_face:

 

Looks great and pretty sure sounds the same too.

post #3297 of 4412

definitly looks great

post #3298 of 4412

 

Does this protrude a bit too high? Would like to see it loose 3 floors maybe...

post #3299 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post




Does this protrude a bit too high? Would like to see it loose 3 floors maybe...

This part is similar to the Black Dragon and Silver Dragon I have: it's flexible and so presents no difficulties.
post #3300 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Does this protrude a bit too high? Would like to see it loose 3 floors maybe...

No issues on the TG334 for me though, pretty comfortable. Here's a snapshot on my ears.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!