Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 201

post #3001 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post

I want to improve the soundstage and imaging of my FitEar Parterre. Tried the 000 but i think the 000 didn't make much difference on the TG334 and Parterre while it did improve the soundstage and imaging of the MH335DW noticeably. Can you make some comparison between the stock 001 and the Silver dragon? I intend to go with the silver dragon but want to read some impressions first :)

 

 

I agree with you. That's to say that when I try 001 -> 000 on the TG!334, I felt the improvement here was less than trying 001 -> 000 on the MH335DW. I think I've written it somewhere either in this thread or in the other FitEar CIEM thread.

post #3002 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I agree with you. That's to say that when I try 001 -> 000 on the TG!334, I felt the improvement here was less than trying 001 -> 000 on the MH335DW. I think I've written it somewhere either in this thread or in the other FitEar CIEM thread.

parterre seems to be the most difficult to extract improvement.... I tried both the twag v3 and a balanced music heaven spc that I have for my tg334 and neither provide as much impact for the parterre.
post #3003 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


parterre seems to be the most difficult to extract improvement.... I tried both the twag v3 and a balanced music heaven spc that I have for my tg334 and neither provide as much impact for the parterre.

 

My HiFi M8 is coming so i intend to buy a balanced cable for the Parterre but if the improvement is not much then maybe i should just use the stock 001 to make a balanced cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I also use it on my MH335DW. Sound stage is definitely improved over the stock. Instead of close and narrow from stock, you got a little bit wider and more deeper stage. The mid seem not as forwarded as the stock since the treble a little more forwarded.

Thanks for the input!

post #3004 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I'm too using the 99% silver and 1% gold and can hear what u described. However, a bit resolution is sacrificed, in a nice way, i think. Mine's made from Mundorf wire.

 

Yours looked quite similar to the famous Tube Fan Studio's SE-6 for 15,500 NTD / roughly $520 bucks

 

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21207031740063

 

The model should be QER-334-W6S with 6wire+6wire config

 

http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Headphone/M.1369314558.A.50C.html

 

http://www.andaudio.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116328

 

hxDo8tHl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hxDo8tH.jpg

 

JmugZwwl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JmugZww.jpg

 

niHPnDal.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/niHPnDa.jpg

 

i3cNADMl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i3cNADM.jpg

 

BoZDh4Kl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BoZDh4K.jpg

 

sUqvgoEl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sUqvgoE.jpg

post #3005 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

 

Yours looked quite similar to the famous Tube Fan Studio's SE-6 for 15,500 NTD / roughly $520 bucks

 

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21207031740063

 

 

Yes, it's 334-W6s from Tube Fan Studio. I love this cable for not only the sound, but its portability, extremely soft for a multi-wire silver cable. Pity that the overall tonality is more to the warm side, which is definitely enjoyable for extended listening but not for my case, as I do focused listening for short intervals. I'm considering to replace the Viablue jack with an Atl one for a more stimulating SQ. Any idea?

 

And here is the side view for folks requesting to see how Sehn HD650 pin fits.

 


Edited by Tindersticks - 8/25/13 at 3:01am
post #3006 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post

 

Yes, it's 334-W6s from Tube Fan Studio. I love this cable for not only the sound, but its portability, extremely soft for a multi-wire silver cable. Pity that the overall tonality is more to the warm side, which is definitely enjoyable for extended listening but not for my case, as I do focused listening for short intervals. I'm considering to replace the Viablue jack with an Atl one for a more stimulating SQ. Any idea?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

And here is the side view for folks requesting to see how Sehn HD650 pin fits.

 

 

 

 

 

ATL plugs are actually very smooth sounding, comparatively from my experience or compared to an Oyaide with gold plated pins........

post #3007 of 3789

Here is the Moon Audio cable if you are interested. Very flexible, lays naturally on the back of the ear with out the need for memory wire. See HERE

 

 

Black Dragon V1 IEM for FitEar

 

 

Silver Dragon V1 IEM for FitEar

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #3008 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post


Please explain how and what you're using or ear tips. They look great.

 

i force the comply foam tip into the silicon tip .. however now i am using this..

 

 

 

Due to the longer tube of the double flange, sound stage is greatly improve and is much wider now... SUb bass is much tighter however the mid is less forward...


Edited by nakedtoes - 9/2/13 at 2:35am
post #3009 of 3789

Some pics of the Fitear cables now available from Toxic Cables,

 

 

Silver Poison with clear OM connectors

  

Silver Widow

 

Virus

 

Crystal Piccolino

 

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #3010 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Some pics of the Fitear cables now available from Toxic Cables,

[snip]

Frank (sorry never been formally introduced to you but hope you don't mine me call you by your first name),

Did you get a chance to look or access these kinds of connector instead (from Lunashops) :-




The reason for my question is because whilst the black connectors you're using are great for the FitEar CIEMs, I personally find the angle of the connectors less suitable for the TO GO! series instead. Will see if I can get pix posted here.

Edit: pix


post #3011 of 3789

new owner reporting in...

after struggle trying this and that.. i finally found the best combo to go with my TOGO334...

 

 

using this combo ipc/clasdb/glacier/000 cable, the bass is tighten with better impact, the PRaT is getting better, overall sound remains smooth and clear !

Previously i was not happy enough with TG334+000 cable. But now my love is growing...hopefully more and more !

post #3012 of 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Frank (sorry never been formally introduced to you but hope you don't mine me call you by your first name),

Did you get a chance to look or access these kinds of connector instead (from Lunashops) :-




The reason for my question is because whilst the black connectors you're using are great for the FitEar CIEMs, I personally find the angle of the connectors less suitable for the TO GO! series instead. Will see if I can get pix posted here.

Edit: pix


Thank you for the pictures and i can see exactly what you mean. 

 

I have seen those Lunashop connectors before, although they would need some modifications before i would use them on a IEM cable, the connector would be too large for my tastes otherwise, for an IEM cable.

 

For the TOGO series, it's possible to cut off the angled part and hand mold it to be straight, i have done that for a couple of customers.

 

Thanks for the link, i have just ordered a few of those, so will see what can be done with them.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 9/2/13 at 5:41am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #3013 of 3789

Just putting this out here... I purchased my 334s back in Feb.  Aside from some L3000s I owned years ago, this is probably the longest time I've exclusively listened to an IEM/headphone.  I've been curious about the 1plus2s for awhile and would love a listen, but based on descriptions they probably would be not my cup of tea.

 

Part of the magic of late has been in particular the combo of the BTG starlight cable (sounds more focused/tight than the 001/000) w/ HRT microStreamer.  I truly can zone out with my minimal portable setup attached to my Macbook Air.  

post #3014 of 3789

I'm with you on the 334. I've had my pair since July 2012, and am still highly satisfied (that duration has never, ever, happened with any other piece of portable audio gear I've owned). Granted there are a few high end earphones I haven't had the chance to try still (such as the 1plus2, Kaede/Kuro, Fischer Amps FA-4...), but I doubt they'll pull me away at this point. I had a chance to demo the ASG-2, and despite all the current buzz, I didn't hear them as a challenger to the TG334. I think it'll take something pretty extraordinary to cause me to sell them. Unfortunately I'm not in a position currently to purchase all the IEM's I'd like to hear, so I doubt the necessary comparisons will get a chance to happen. But maybe that's a good thing for my bank account. I'm running the Starlight cable as well, and Ortofon tips.

post #3015 of 3789

So I  take it that the Starlight cable is a nice affordable upgrade to the 001 or even the 000? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!