Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 199

post #2971 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

I have been listening to my 334s right off my iphone4 (spotify premium is awesome)
Thinking if getting an amp .. Either the headstage arrow or the pico slim to pair with.. For a portable package..any preferences on either of the amps in terms of sound quality? .or how bout the Vmoda vamp amp / dac .. Anyone tried that ?
The VAmp/Verza will roll off the bass a little. If you find the 334 too bassy, then this is a good combo. If you like the 334 bass, then I'd personally think an amp with OI of under 1 ohm may retain the 334 bass more.
post #2972 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

I have been listening to my 334s right off my iphone4 (spotify premium is awesome)
Thinking if getting an amp .. Either the headstage arrow or the pico slim to pair with.. For a portable package..any preferences on either of the amps in terms of sound quality? .or how bout the Vmoda vamp amp / dac .. Anyone tried that ?

I personally find iphone4 paired quite well with the tg334 as it is very easy to drive and not sure a pure amp will bring significant improvement. Maybe you can look into a good combo dac/amp (predator?) and the dac may give you more improvement for the buck with the 334.
post #2973 of 3832

KKCC could you hear any slight hiss on the iphone4 with the 334s? I figured they'd be sensitive enough to detect it. The 8As sure did.
 

post #2974 of 3832
In fac
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

KKCC could you hear any slight hiss on the iphone4 with the 334s? I figured they'd be sensitive enough to detect it. The 8As sure did.

 

In fact I didn't notice hiss with my IP4 with any IEM I had. Was using EQu as my player but I moved onto Note2 and cannot test again now.
post #2975 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

In fac
In fact I didn't notice hiss with my IP4 with any IEM I had. Was using EQu as my player but I moved onto Note2 and cannot test again now.


Of course this was without music playing mind you. It was just surprising the 8As where that sensitive. I'd bet the 334s are even more sensitive though.

post #2976 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


The VAmp/Verza will roll off the bass a little. If you find the 334 too bassy, then this is a good combo. If you like the 334 bass, then I'd personally think an amp with OI of under 1 ohm may retain the 334 bass more.

Thanks AnakChan . I do find the bass to bleed in at times into the mids. But at other times, the bass seems to hit the right note. Quantitywise, the bass is in right amount, albeit a bit smooth, which I'd prefer be tighter if that makes sense. I have gone ahead and ordered the arrow amp. I did some enquiry and believe that the bass can be tightened with this pairing. Will give my impressions on the same once I have it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


I personally find iphone4 paired quite well with the tg334 as it is very easy to drive and not sure a pure amp will bring significant improvement. Maybe you can look into a good combo dac/amp (predator?) and the dac may give you more improvement for the buck with the 334.

Yes, I agree that the iphone4 pairs quite well. I did not consider the predator as yet. The dac/amp option does sound tempting. I was looking for something super portable for my travels .

I have ordered a refurbished ' arrow g3' as it features an "ultra tight bass mode"..hehe..sounded like what I was looking for..will only know once I have it in my hands. Alas, the price for the refurbished piece was worth the try !


Edited by sup3r8 - 8/19/13 at 7:05am
post #2977 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post

Got the TG334 not long ago.. audit at the MOOK festival and at first hear..  it didnt give me the WOW factor compared to JH16Pro FP.... after circling few more track i got hooked... .. This IEM is perfectly tuned ... the mid high and bass are just nice no more no less and just enough... althought high is abit roll off.. Find that the double flange tips give me the best isolation and sound.... however after some experimenting this comply and silicon single flange tips sound the best for me...






Please explain how and what you're using or ear tips. They look great.
post #2978 of 3832
Which silicone tip are you using?
post #2979 of 3832

I just ordered an aftermarket cable to test with my TG334. Just curious, I know other IEM with Westone pins can loosen over time. Do I have anything to worry about with the TG334?

 

Just want to know if it's safe to continually switch cables for A/B purposes. If it does loosen the pins/sockets, I'll avoid switching often.

 

Thanks!

post #2980 of 3832
Any bros in Singapore have extra set of Ortofon tip to sell?

Looking for a set of M and L size each, PM me for details.
thanks in advance
post #2981 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post

I just ordered an aftermarket cable to test with my TG334. Just curious, I know other IEM with Westone pins can loosen over time. Do I have anything to worry about with the TG334?

 

Just want to know if it's safe to continually switch cables for A/B purposes. If it does loosen the pins/sockets, I'll avoid switching often.

 

Thanks!

 

it will definitely loosen but probably not as fast as you think it will
post #2982 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post

I just ordered an aftermarket cable to test with my TG334. Just curious, I know other IEM with Westone pins can loosen over time. Do I have anything to worry about with the TG334?

Just want to know if it's safe to continually switch cables for A/B purposes. If it does loosen the pins/sockets, I'll avoid switching often.

Thanks!

Peraonally I think the fitear socket is the most robust of any iem cable sockets I came across. I recall there had been some reports on the 1st batch of tg334 (glossy faceplate) where it may crack but that had been remedied with the matte plate version.

I think these might be ever sturdier than those on cans like hd650. Having said that do still exercise usual care and not abuse them!
post #2983 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Peraonally I think the fitear socket is the most robust of any iem cable sockets I came across. I recall there had been some reports on the 1st batch of tg334 (glossy faceplate) where it may crack but that had been remedied with the matte plate version.

I think these might be ever sturdier than those on cans like hd650. Having said that do still exercise usual care and not abuse them!

 

Aren't they using the HD650 pins though?

post #2984 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Aren't they using the HD650 pins though?

Same. Tho you will feel on fitear it is more sturdy even if only due to the relative size of the socket vs the iem/headphone cup size and weight...
Edited by kkcc - 8/22/13 at 10:41pm
post #2985 of 3832

It would make sense tough. Being they are relatively small compared to the HD650 and the pins are giant lol. That's probably the best way for these IEMs manufacturers to overcome the issues with the small non-recessed pin design. Just make'em bigger! :P.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!