Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 20

post #286 of 3832

I'm really quite interested to see (or hear) how the titanium tube works out. Over here in Asia, there is no shortage of "Titanium" Jewelry that boasts health benefits and the like, some supposedly miracle property of titanium.  

post #287 of 3832

I've already received mine. So my first impressions (30 h listening) are pretty much wow. 3D Holographic, transparent, lots, lots and lots of detail (that's why they are so Holographic, with spacial clues all over) and very smooth extended treble.

have to listen more, but till now, very very impressed. 

post #288 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaipec View Post

I've already received mine. So my first impressions (30 h listening) are pretty much wow. 3D Holographic, transparent, lots, lots and lots of detail (that's why they are so Holographic, with spacial clues all over) and very smooth extended treble.

have to listen more, but till now, very very impressed. 

Welcome to the TG334 club. It's truly an amazing pair of IEMs, & universal too. For most of my genre of music I like the TG334s.

What do you use to drive them??
post #289 of 3832

i received mine 2 weeks ago and I think it's really amazing handling most of my music. However, it's a little warm and bass emphasis while i like the dead neutral sounding iems. My DAP is ipod touch 4, can u guys give me some suggestions on portable amps that can get rid of its warmth?

post #290 of 3832

Regarding portable amps, I use my TO GO 334 with the Leckerton UHA-6S, and I don't detect much in the way of coloration. They sound quite transparent to me.

post #291 of 3832

And the noise floor is fairly low, I assume?  While it was fine for my ES5's, my HP-P1 is a bit noisy with my 334's and almost unusable with my FADs.  the UHS6S MKII looks like it might be portable enough to couple with the HP-P1's DAC.

post #292 of 3832

There is next to no audible noise with the UHA-6S. There is slight hum with the FI-BA-SS. For some reason however it picks up a lot of noise with the Piano Fortes, though it seems to be a ground loop issue oddly enough, something that no other IEM picks up with the UHA-6S. I know it's a ground loop because it vanishes when I touch metal. Again, that's only with the Piano Fortes though. Ground loops are also an issue in my room in general, as I had to ground my Stax amp to the outlet screw.

 

The UHA-6S and TO GO 334 is an excellent match however.

post #293 of 3832

Cool. I think I'll try it out then. I just hope the MKII has no unforeseen disadvantages.

post #294 of 3832

Has anyone compared these to Westone ES5's or JH16Pros? I would really love to know how they compare sonically.

post #295 of 3832

I have the ES5's.  Jude has both the ES5's and the custom variation of these as well, which should be similar.  I'm not really comfortable giving detailed comparisons yet as I've only listened to the 334's for maybe two hours in total.  I'm pretty sure the 334's image better, though -- it's definitely a larger image, at least.  I don't mean to parrot MuppetFace, but, having heard a pair now, I'd have to agree that the 334's feel like little SR009's.  The ES5's are more like LCD-2 r.2's.  So, they're both smooth, but the 334's achieve such smoothness with less coloration, I guess.

 

They're also both notable for their midrange performance, but the 334's are more, how would I put this... liquid? 


Edited by driver 8 - 6/22/12 at 10:16pm
post #296 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Regarding portable amps, I use my TO GO 334 with the Leckerton UHA-6S, and I don't detect much in the way of coloration. They sound quite transparent to me.

 

To me, it's quite transparent but still a little little warm confused_face_2.gif. Which opamp are used in your UHA-6S, btw?

post #297 of 3832

It seems like you two might have different definitions of neutral.

post #298 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

I have the ES5's.  Jude has both the ES5's and the custom variation of these as well, which should be similar.  I'm not really comfortable giving detailed comparisons yet as I've only listened to the 334's for maybe two hours in total.  I'm pretty sure the 334's image better, though -- it's definitely a larger image, at least.  I don't mean to parrot MuppetFace, but, having heard a pair now, I'd have to agree that the 334's feel like little SR009's.  The ES5's are more like LCD-2 r.2's.  So, they're both smooth, but the 334's achieve such smoothness with less coloration, I guess.

 

They're also both notable for their midrange performance, but the 334's are more, how would I put this... liquid? 


Oh yeah, and it's probably worth noting that the 334's drivers dwarf those in the ES5's.  As far as I can tell, the the 334's smallest driver - its tweeter, is more comparable to the ES5's subwoofer than anything else in the Westones. 

post #299 of 3832

I just placed my order last friday and I might do a review against my ES5s when it arrives. Might even do a comparison with the 535, IE8 or ESW10JPN if time permits.

post #300 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post

I just placed my order last friday and I might do a review against my ES5s when it arrives. Might even do a comparison with the 535, IE8 or ESW10JPN if time permits.

 

How?  Did you order it through ALO Audio?  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!