Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 181

post #2701 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

Shane, since you own both the 334 and 1+2, can you let me know what type of music you prefer on which IEM? Eke, would also appreciate your views with your recent comparison of the 334 against the hybrids (G-2. 1+2, RDB+). I would very much like to demo the G-2 but it wasn't available in Hong Kong.

 

Here you go:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post#post_9452102

 

You can almost use the G2 vs 1P2 comparisons as a substitute for the 1P2 vs 334. SGS will be able to go into deeper detail though.

post #2702 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Shane, since you own both the 334 and 1+2, can you let me know what type of music you prefer on which IEM?

I generally will not keep an iem if it doesn't sound good with my entire library. That said I think the TG334's strength is in its vocal and the 1+2 strength is in its airiness/soundstage. So if you wanted to tilt that to genres then: country/acoustic/singer-songwriter stuff on the TG334 and rock/pop on the 1+2. But honestly I like all music with them both. I just switch up based on mood.
post #2703 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post


I'm making a trip to Jaben one of these evenings. Let me know if you want to catch up or try the 1Plus2 again. I find the 334 bass a little overpowering on some tracks.

Hi Cravenz,

Let me know when you're planning to make the trip to Jaben.

If I'm free, I might drop by as well to audition the demo 335 and 435 and try your 1p2 again.

post #2704 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

Hi Cravenz,
Let me know when you're planning to make the trip to Jaben.

If I'm free, I might drop by as well to audition the demo 335 and 435 and try your 1p2 again.

Will take it to PM, likely Wednesday or Thursday evening after work.
post #2705 of 3807

Well, after months of serving me semi-well the ALO cable for my 334s has really begin to annoy me.

Though it sounds a little better than the stock cable, it has been one of the least ergonomic cables I've ever used.

It's become extremely coiled and the cable feels about 20% shorter than it did from the start.

 

Will be hunting for a more ergonomic cable. Maybe the BTG Starlight will cut it for me.

post #2706 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by theThirty3rd View Post

Well, after months of serving me semi-well the ALO cable for my 334s has really begin to annoy me.

Though it sounds a little better than the stock cable, it has been one of the least ergonomic cables I've ever used.

It's become extremely coiled and the cable feels about 20% shorter than it did from the start.

 

Will be hunting for a more ergonomic cable. Maybe the BTG Starlight will cut it for me.


I've just placed an order for BTG Starlight last weekend.

Let see when Brian's will get back to me on the shipping date

post #2707 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post


I've just placed an order for BTG Starlight last weekend.
Let see when Brian's will get back to me on the shipping date

Good luck with that. Placed my order 2 months ago. There has been problems getting supplies.
post #2708 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post


Good luck with that. Placed my order 2 months ago. There has been problems getting supplies.

 

Two months... I thought dealing with Craig was bad but seems cables are harder to get these days!  

post #2709 of 3807
A while ago, people were talking about how a 100 Ohm resistor might improve the sound of the 334. This was based on Rin's analysis of the IEM. After a couple weeks of testing, I'm happy to report that I have found that the added impedance had tightened up the sub-bass bloat for me. It has made more of a difference than cable changes for me.

Anyone else try this out? I remember the Ety4P to Ety4S transformation with 75 Ohm of additional resistance. This isn't quite like that but it has been nice.
post #2710 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post

Good luck with that. Placed my order 2 months ago. There has been problems getting supplies.

That's a bummer.
Other than the automatic reply on the order number, did you receive any other email from him on the delay?
Thanks
post #2711 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by theThirty3rd View Post

Well, after months of serving me semi-well the ALO cable for my 334s has really begin to annoy me.

Though it sounds a little better than the stock cable, it has been one of the least ergonomic cables I've ever used.

It's become extremely coiled and the cable feels about 20% shorter than it did from the start.

 

Will be hunting for a more ergonomic cable. Maybe the BTG Starlight will cut it for me.

looks like Moon Audio will be coming out with FitEar cables soon...

post #2712 of 3807
Any chance the pricing will be like BTG's cables instead of ALO's and TWag? tongue.gif
post #2713 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

Any chance the pricing will be like BTG's cables instead of ALO's and TWag? tongue.gif

Not sure, all I know is that they usually start at $150USD and up...confused_face(1).gif

post #2714 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

looks like Moon Audio will be coming out with FitEar cables soon...

 

Well, that's another competitor!

Might wait awhile and try to cope with the ALOs for now.

Have to work out whether I want to balance my 334s or not, anyway!

post #2715 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by theThirty3rd View Post

 

Well, that's another competitor!

Might wait awhile and try to cope with the ALOs for now.

Have to work out whether I want to balance my 334s or not, anyway!

 

334 balanced with intruder is evil... pure evil very_evil_smiley.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!