Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 176

post #2626 of 3631
I got the Ortofon tips from MA and none of them fit me as well as the standard tips that came with the FitEar 334. YMMV
post #2627 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


I suppose the issue here, is that, as with all things, I'm unsure as to what my experience with the product in question will be, and I'm just going off of the experiences and intuition of others. In that sense, I think it's less of a gamble to just get one pair in all sizes as I'm not sure whether I'd fall under s/m/l (not sure if they employ Sony sizing) or even if the Orty tips would net me the best performance/fit when compared to other tips I have on hand.

 

That's understandable.  To me the ortofon tips run slightly smaller than regular tips.  I find the Ortofon large to be the equivalent of a M/L hybrid in size.

post #2628 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


I suppose the issue here, is that, as with all things, I'm unsure as to what my experience with the product in question will be, and I'm just going off of the experiences and intuition of others. In that sense, I think it's less of a gamble to just get one pair in all sizes as I'm not sure whether I'd fall under s/m/l (not sure if they employ Sony sizing) or even if the Orty tips would net me the best performance/fit when compared to other tips I have on hand.


So did you get your 334s yet? What are you thoughts?

post #2629 of 3631
Not yet. I refreshed the tracking just a second ago to check where they're at, and the tracking still says that they were processed in NYC at their sorting center. Not sure if they've left or if they're still just sitting there. Would be pretty annoying if they're still sitting there seeing as to how they've been "processed" since (1 AM!) Friday.

Although shipping seems to be faster than I had originally anticipated since they were shipped out of Austria.
Edited by Idsynchrono_24 - 5/19/13 at 8:41pm
post #2630 of 3631
If it says that it's at the JFK sorting center or something like that, it's in customs. My Heaven V stayed there for a day, but I don't know if they work on the weekend unless it's like EMS. I'd wager you have them by Tuesday. And if it is express mail, you need to sign for it apparently.
post #2631 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Not yet. I refreshed the tracking just a second ago to check where they're at, and the tracking still says that they were processed in NYC at their sorting center. Not sure if they've left or if they're still just sitting there. Would be pretty annoying if they're still sitting there seeing as to how they've been "processed" since (1 AM!) Friday.

Although shipping seems to be faster than I had originally anticipated since they were shipped out of Austria.


Don't be surprised if it stays stuck in New York for some time. I've had my gear sit there for a week before!

post #2632 of 3631
But... But... It says PRIORITY MAIL! I was warned of this by the seller actually. He said it might get held up at customs for awhile. Problem is, it says it's already been processed so I take it to mean its cleared? I dunno. I hope to have them by Tuesday when I'm off work and can get some listening in
post #2633 of 3631

Well does it say inbound or out of customs. Generally it will tell you when it goes into customs and when it leaves customs.

post #2634 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

They seem to have the tips at their US site for $14.  I assume it is a mixed S/M/L set.  http://www.ortofon.us

I don't see the tips anywhere, do I have to call them to place an order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


But for $14 you are only getting 1 usable pair. I bought from ortofon but if I could do it over, I'd go with MA b/c I like the ortofon tips on everything.

I'd probably be getting two, since depending on the tips, I have to use two different sizes(M,L) since my left canal is larger...tongue.gif


Edited by wormsdriver - 5/19/13 at 10:21pm
post #2635 of 3631
Priority Mail International Parcels
Processed Through Sort Facility
May 17, 2013, 12:57 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
International Parcels

That's what the tracking info says, so I'd take it to mean that it's already cleared customs. ISC is the international sorting center I believe.
post #2636 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Priority Mail International Parcels
Processed Through Sort Facility
May 17, 2013, 12:57 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
International Parcels

That's what the tracking info says, so I'd take it to mean that it's already cleared customs. ISC is the international sorting center I believe.


It's a possibility but I think from there it could also go into customs. They generally do let you know though if it goes into customs. The only way you'll know is when it says it departs from that facility.

post #2637 of 3631
That's where customs is. They don't seem to have separate in and out scans so processed through is the one scan you'll get there =/
After that it'll hit the nearby sorting facility to be processed and then you'll get a departure scan. Then you're gold.
post #2638 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

That's where customs is. They don't seem to have separate in and out scans so processed through is the one scan you'll get there =/
After that it'll hit the nearby sorting facility to be processed and then you'll get a departure scan. Then you're gold.


So I'm guessing different USPS facilities handle this differently? I've had tracking in the past list the items as inbound and outbound from customs...

post #2639 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


So I'm guessing different USPS facilities handle this differently? I've had tracking in the past list the items as inbound and outbound from customs...

This is only reserved for Headphoneus Supremus, not us mere 500+ headfiersbiggrin.gif

post #2640 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

This is only reserved for Headphoneus Supremus, not us mere 500+ headfiersbiggrin.gif


No wonder... tongue_smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!