or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 166

post #2476 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinola View Post


So, would I save more money when I just get the 334 now then get an amp later???

IMO, get the 334s if you like what you read about it's sound sig and a amp/DAC could (and should) come when you can swing it. 

I so agree, phones first then amps and dacs. I am traveling this week and are rocking the 334s, they are seriously so good I forget to miss my lcds back home. 

post #2477 of 4412

Anyone know how it sounds paired just with iphone 5? Apparently iphone5 isn't very good for BA iems?

post #2478 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

I so agree, phones first then amps and dacs. I am traveling this week and are rocking the 334s, they are seriously so good I forget to miss my lcds back home. 

I dont know if its just me. , i can tell differences between phones but its really hard to for me to distinguish between different sources/amps.

post #2479 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia View Post

Anyone know how it sounds paired just with iphone 5? Apparently iphone5 isn't very good for BA iems?

I've listened a bit with iPhone 5 and it sounds good. Not as good as thru the Fostex HP-P1, however very accceptable.

post #2480 of 4412

Any information about when is the delivery process is back to normal?

post #2481 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprasetya View Post

Any information about when is the delivery process is back to normal?

I've seen stocks over at e-earphone in Tokyo but they're all reserved already
post #2482 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I've seen stocks over at e-earphone in Tokyo but they're all reserved already

 

Is there anything out there on production numbers of these?  Are we talking hundreds or thousands in the wild?

post #2483 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprasetya View Post

Any information about when is the delivery process is back to normal?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I've seen stocks over at e-earphone in Tokyo but they're all reserved already

 

Yeah, the current batch is all sold out at both e-earphone and Fujiya-Avic. There are waiting list for the next batch already; it's highly unlikely that the delivery process will ever go back to normal (normal as in you can order it anytime and it'll be in stock for delivery), especially due to the overwhelmingly high demands and FitEar's limited production capability.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

Is there anything out there on production numbers of these?  Are we talking hundreds or thousands in the wild?

 

My wild guess is around 500-600~ units worldwide.

post #2484 of 4412
Anyone tried the newly launched Whiplash Fitear cable with 334?
post #2485 of 4412

Good grief, that cable looks so clunky and humongous, and for $350? I think I'll pass. The BTG cable is so much more tailored to the aesthetic of the 334, and for less than a third the cost.

post #2486 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Good grief, that cable looks so clunky and humongous, and for $350? I think I'll pass. The BTG cable is so much more tailored to the aesthetic of the 334, and for less than a third the cost.

 

It does look rather unwieldy, but the question I have is how does it compare sonically to the 000 cable, which it is price competitive with?  The 000 probably does push my limits of ergonomics though.

post #2487 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

 

It does look rather unwieldy, but the question I have is how does it compare sonically to the 000 cable, which it is price competitive with?  The 000 probably does push my limits of ergonomics though.

 

I thought the 000 cable came up short sonically of the ALO and BTG, which it shouldn't considering the steep price.

post #2488 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

I thought the 000 cable came up short sonically of the ALO and BTG, which it shouldn't considering the steep price.

 

Hmm... from what I recall searching this thread the 000 came out preferred in most comparisons to other cables (at least the ALO and 001) w/ the caveat that the bass can be a bit bloaty.  That's interesting, I might give the BTG a shot (or certainly pick up one used).  For me the 000 earns its keep vs. the 001.

 

EDIT: Shotgunshane care to weigh on this some more?  It didn't seem from your report that it made a significant difference sonically, but maybe your impression has changed now you'd have it for awhile.


Edited by bobeau - 3/29/13 at 7:00pm
post #2489 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

 

Hmm... from what I recall searching this thread the 000 came out preferred in most comparisons to other cables (at least the ALO and 001) w/ the caveat that the bass can be a bit bloaty.  That's interesting, I might give the BTG a shot (or certainly pick up one used).  For me the 000 earns its keep vs. the 001.

 

EDIT: Shotgunshane care to weigh on this some more?  It didn't seem from your report that it made a significant difference sonically, but maybe your impression has changed now you'd have it for awhile.

 

Ha, well, not to me. In direct comparisons, I liked the ALO better sonically. It was more alive, spacious, and had more sparkle to the treble. Seems to me others thought the 000 had a better combination of solid detail while staying mellow in character. Personally I liked the better sparkle and bigger space of the ALO, on sonics alone.

 

OTOH, the BTG cable is much closer to the ALO sonically, while maybe taking off a bit of edge, while being worlds more ergonomic. I like it best of all. And you can't argue with the price.

post #2490 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

Ha, well, not to me. In direct comparisons, I liked the ALO better sonically. It was more alive, spacious, and had more sparkle to the treble. Seems to me others thought the 000 had a better combination of solid detail while staying mellow in character. Personally I liked the better sparkle and bigger space of the ALO, on sonics alone.

 

OTOH, the BTG cable is much closer to the ALO sonically, while maybe taking off a bit of edge, while being worlds more ergonomic. I like it best of all. And you can't argue with the price.

 

I didn't get to try the cables off the TG!334 but I did try with the MH335DW (so therefore possibly different synergies if one is a believer). I could hardly hear a difference between the BTG Starlight with the 000 even and for ergonomic reasons (if the BTG Starlight connector is slightly modified) would be a more comfortable cable than the 000.

 

The ALO cable "brightened" the MH335DW signature somewhat but I felt I didn't get as much detail as I did with the 000's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!