or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 161

post #2401 of 4412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post

I had to pay $300 for the repair.

It was kind of my fault the shell broke. I put a 1/4" adapter into the pelican case which I stored my FitEars in. The pressure of the adapter caused the shell to break.

 

Did they repair it in the new way with the matte faceplate and new connector rings, or was it still piano black?

post #2402 of 4412

Ouch $300 for repair.... confused_face.gif

post #2403 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Did they repair it in the new way with the matte faceplate and new connector rings, or was it still piano black?

Piano black.
post #2404 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post


It was kind of my fault the shell broke. I put a 1/4" adapter into the pelican case which I stored my FitEars in. The pressure of the adapter caused the shell to break.

 

...How did the adapter exert enough pressure to break the shell, exactly?

post #2405 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post


Just an FYI. I'm from Canada as well. Ordering from Japan, the $1350 includes EMS shipping. We don't pay taxes or customs. So $1350 would be the final price.


I don't know what part of Canada you live in but if I was to order from Japan I'd be paying $1350 + 5% tax (soon to be 14% April 1st) + any applicable duty + potential brokerage fees (I don't think I've ever used EMS so I'm not sure how they deal with brokerage).

post #2406 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

^ Buying used isn't the best due to warranty issues.  However if I was to buy new I'm looking at $1350 + shipping + 13% (and exchange US -> CAD on the price and shipping) = ~1600 CAD, use it was less than 2/3 of that all said and done.
Well, if you do have problems with your TG!334, you could ship it back to me cos I still have the receipt. Although it expires in May or June. I can get the exact date.

Yes, I tracked where my 1st TG!334 had been passed from owner to owner ;-).
post #2407 of 4412
Heh, I knew they were your's too. The sellers linked back to each previous ad. I kind of figured with the serial on the shell that would be sufficient if there were any issues. Not that it really matters, but did it originally come with a shirt clip? The ALO site shows what I think is one.
post #2408 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

Heh, I knew they were your's too. The sellers linked back to each previous ad. I kind of figured with the serial on the shell that would be sufficient if there were any issues. Not that it really matters, but did it originally come with a shirt clip? The ALO site shows what I think is one.

 

My memory is pretty bad but I believe it did. I can't remember what happened to it...if I left it in the Pelican box or not. Anyhow warranty expires 24th May 2013 in case you have any trouble.

post #2409 of 4412

Visited my local headphone store. Really regret that i didn't know FitEar before i purchase my custom IEM. The soundstage is really wide. And of course the mide range is unbeatable. 

post #2410 of 4412

2 days since I've got my 334. I have to say that this is the most details and enjoyable iem I've ever heard.

 

The soundstage is wide, but not super wide, but the position of each instrument are spot on. Bass is tight and impactful, almost like listening to a Big headphone. Vocal are so smooth and details it's just unbelievable.

 

This is the first time I feel I'm really IN the music, everything sound so LIVE.

 

Sorry I haven't own any CIEM so cannot compare, but this is really a big upgrade from my W4R and SE535, it's like it combined the best from both of these IEM and then more.

 

Kith

post #2411 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I really think you should give the 1plus2 another go because I really do not hear the apparent lack of cohesiveness of the sound. I do hear great technicality though. My only qualm is that silicon tips with large bores do not fit as snuggly in my ears as the one with small holes.
I am curious, how do the 334 fit in the picture when you have the 335. Aren t they similar but better ?

 

I may well do (look back at the 1Plus2) but only after testing some other IEMs first. The comfort/ergonomics factor is something that ponders on my mind too but with more flexible cables, that may help that issue a little.

 

The 335 is a warmer signature than the 334. The 334 upper mids and highs seem to be a little more prominent than the 335. However on the other aspect, the imaging of the 335 sounds deep and soundstage sounds big. Just back in May last year I was raving of the 334's deep 3D imaging but the 335 set new boundaries by comparison.

 

I need to burn the 335 cables in more though. In general I don't really believe in burning in BAs or cables (but do for dynamic drivers). However in recent experiences with the 1Plus2, it's changed my mind about cable burn-in except that's a much longer process.

 

I'm hoping V0 will get his 334 back and confirm the difference I hear between my 334 and 335 matches what he finds with his units.

post #2412 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

...How did the adapter exert enough pressure to break the shell, exactly?

There wasn't enough vertical space in the pelican case. The IEM was stacked on top of the adapter.
post #2413 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post


I don't know what part of Canada you live in but if I was to order from Japan I'd be paying $1350 + 5% tax (soon to be 14% April 1st) + any applicable duty + potential brokerage fees (I don't think I've ever used EMS so I'm not sure how they deal with brokerage).

 

EMS gets sent to Canada Post, so it's all dealt at post office.

 

Some sellers will ship it with the price declared low, so you won't have to pay for any fee.

post #2414 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I'm hoping V0 will get his 334 back and confirm the difference I hear between my 334 and 335 matches what he finds with his units.

 

Ill get to that :)

post #2415 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

The 335 is a warmer signature than the 334. The 334 upper mids and highs seem to be a little more prominent than the 335. However on the other aspect, the imaging of the 335 sounds deep and soundstage sounds big. Just back in May last year I was raving of the 334's deep 3D imaging but the 335 set new boundaries by comparison.

 

 

Sorry to be relatively late to this thread - is this using the 000 or 001 cable? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!