Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 16

post #226 of 3832

I don't know if it's awe or New Toy syndrome, but after three hours of listening, I'm finding myself rather impressed with To Go's; though, I'm not at the point where I'm ready to comment on the how they sound yet. However, there is something that I'm willing to chat about which completely caught me off guard from the moment I picked up the FitEar box. The level of OCD radiating from packaging bordered on maniacal, I'm talking sheer madness, it felt like I was kicking a hole in the Mona Lisa when I opened it. That same quality extends to the To Go's themselves. I never seen such effort and detail wasted on a IEM...... I love it. 


Edited by bizkit - 4/29/12 at 7:08pm
post #227 of 3832

Question, How is the bass? How does the bass on them compares to say the Shure 535, Westone 3 or the JH13 and 16?

post #228 of 3832

It's been well over a year since I've played with any of the IEM's you've mentioned, so take my word for what it is.....  crap

 

I would describe the bass as healthy for a BA IEM, hovering somewhere in the realm of the JH13, but it comes up short in the impact department. The low notes are present; however, they lack the thud that you'd get from something like the FX700's.

post #229 of 3832

I believe your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkit View Post

It's been well over a year since I've played with any of the IEM's you've mentioned, so take my word for what it is.....  crap

 

I would describe the bass as healthy for a BA IEM, hovering somewhere in the realm of the JH13, but it comes up short in the impact department. The low notes are present; however, they lack the thud that you'd get from something like the FX700's.

 

 

post #230 of 3832

I think that is the overall sound signature of FitEar. Firstly, I do not own the TG334 so do take my comments with a pinch of salt. I do however have the C435 for quite some time so I do have a feel of how FitEar's sound sig is like. I think it does lack in terms of bass presence and depth. What it does have is a very crisp bass that is sufficient for my ears. AFAIK, FitEar shines in the mids (especially in terms of instrumental separation and clarity). If you tried one Im sure u would know what I mean. I'm not sure how C435 compares to TG334 but I would be interested in doing a comparison once I could get my hands on one!(:

 

So if you are looking for a bass heavy IEM I think its better to look elsewhere. But if u are looking for unparalleled resolution in detail and separation. I think here is where u can truly find audio nirvana!

 

(Ps. I have tried AKG 3003 n FI-BA-SS! They have yet to "wow" me! I hope TG334 does though! Cause C435 made me so distracted that I could not focus on studying while listening to them at the same time! It made me truly listen to the music and zone out for that couple of minutes! Pure bliss!)

 

 

 

post #231 of 3832

Like I said in my initial impressions, these are some of the most transparent and linear IEMs I've experienced. These are not basshead IEMs. They are not colored or "fun," but rather extremely accurate in conveying a recording. You wont get a single bit of extra bass emphasis beyond what is there in a given track. That being said, tracks with a lot of bass are still rendered well, and I think the TG 334 handles most genres with ease.

post #232 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpooh View Post

I think that is the overall sound signature of FitEar. Firstly, I do not own the TG334 so do take my comments with a pinch of salt. I do however have the C435 for quite some time so I do have a feel of how FitEar's sound sig is like. I think it does lack in terms of bass presence and depth. What it does have is a very crisp bass that is sufficient for my ears. AFAIK, FitEar shines in the mids (especially in terms of instrumental separation and clarity). If you tried one Im sure u would know what I mean. I'm not sure how C435 compares to TG334 but I would be interested in doing a comparison once I could get my hands on one!(:

 

So if you are looking for a bass heavy IEM I think its better to look elsewhere. But if u are looking for unparalleled resolution in detail and separation. I think here is where u can truly find audio nirvana!

 

(Ps. I have tried AKG 3003 n FI-BA-SS! They have yet to "wow" me! I hope TG334 does though! Cause C435 made me so distracted that I could not focus on studying while listening to them at the same time! It made me truly listen to the music and zone out for that couple of minutes! Pure bliss!)

 

 

 


Do you think the bass is like ER-4 type of bass? Because I seem rather sensitive to bass and the ER-4 kind of bass seems to be the only type I can handle. Even I found the W4 to have too much. 

post #233 of 3832
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post  Do you think the bass is like ER-4 type of bass? Because I seem rather sensitive to bass and the ER-4 kind of bass seems to be the only type I can handle. Even I found the W4 to have too much. 

 

 

FitEar TO GO! 334 FR

post #234 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

 

FitEar TO GO! 334 FR


Any idea what that means? I'm not good at reading graphs (LOL)! 

post #235 of 3832
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post  Any idea what that means? I'm not good at reading graphs (LOL)! 

 

I'm assuming Sonove normalizes his graphs for SPL at 1 kHz (that's where nearly all of his graphs intersect), so just look at the level difference between the FR of the 334 and the ER4P to the left of 1 kHz... the ER4P has less bass (the 334 has ~5 dB more at 100 Hz) and begins to roll-off a lot earlier.

post #236 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

I'm assuming Sonove normalizes his graphs for SPL at 1 kHz (that's where nearly all of his graphs intersect), so just look at the level difference between the FR of the 334 and the ER4P to the left of 1 kHz... the ER4P has less bass (the 334 has ~5 dB more at 100 Hz) and begins to roll-off a lot earlier.


I see, pretty much makes sense. ER-4 has one of the least bass in an IEM. Any comparisons to the W4 however? 

post #237 of 3832
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post  I see, pretty much makes sense. ER-4 has one of the least bass in an IEM. Any comparisons to the W4 however? 

 

No comparisons, but the 334 should have a similar amount of bass compared to the CK100PRO. Both the 334 and CK100PRO are about +5 dB over the ER4P around the 100 Hz region, but the CK100PRO has a little more mid-bass. In my memory, the W4 has more bass (at least more mid-bass) than both, but I can't confirm it. If you've heard the CK100PRO, it could be a good barometer of how much bass the 334 has.

post #238 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

No comparisons, but the 334 should have a similar amount of bass compared to the CK100PRO. Both the 334 and CK100PRO are about +5 dB over the ER4P around the 100 Hz region, but the CK100PRO has a little more mid-bass. In my memory, the W4 has more bass (at least more mid-bass) than both, but I can't confirm it. If you've heard the CK100PRO, it could be a good barometer of how much bass the 334 has.


Hmm, I did try the CK100pro before and the bass was fine for me. 

post #239 of 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

 

FitEar TO GO! 334 FR

 

Thanks for posting this. To me this is perfectly suited to my ears!

post #240 of 3832

Then from what you are saying is that you cannot handle bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post


Do you think the bass is like ER-4 type of bass? Because I seem rather sensitive to bass and the ER-4 kind of bass seems to be the only type I can handle. Even I found the W4 to have too much. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!