Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 131

post #1951 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

For several reasons like flexibility (acrylic CIEMs are very rigid, ear canals aren’t) and isolation, I’m definitely an UIEM guy. As I’m looking for a better sounding UIEM than EarSonics’ SM3, I’ve had my eyes on the 334. However, since it is rather expensive I’ve been reluctant to pull the trigger. Besides, it seems that some people always claim that full sized open headphones, like top of the line Sennheisers, Audezes, etc., are always superior in overall SQ, and SQ is really paramount to me.

A few weeks ago, and for reference, I bought the Sennheiser HD 650, and… was blown away! Especially after 100 or so hours of burn in (brain and/or cans) So far the best sounding headphones I’ve heard. I think the mids of my EarSonics EM6 customs are as good, but the overall SQ of the HD 650 is to my surprise, and to me personally, just superior.

I can’t, or rather; I don’t want to wear the HD 650 at work, because it is open (non-isolating) and it leaks a lot (as it is open). And although very comfortable, wearing it for 6-8 hours a day gets a bit warm. Now, if the overall SQ of the 334 would be something near the HD 650, I guess I would pull the trigger, because I do prefer UIEMs.

So, anyone having experience of the Sennheiser HD 650 and the 334? What do you think, will the 334 disappoint me compared to the HD 650, or do you think I will be happy? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ask soullinker20, he has both the 334s and the HD650.
post #1952 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

For several reasons like flexibility (acrylic CIEMs are very rigid, ear canals aren’t) and isolation, I’m definitely an UIEM guy. As I’m looking for a better sounding UIEM than EarSonics’ SM3, I’ve had my eyes on the 334. However, since it is rather expensive I’ve been reluctant to pull the trigger. Besides, it seems that some people always claim that full sized open headphones, like top of the line Sennheisers, Audezes, etc., are always superior in overall SQ, and SQ is really paramount to me.

A few weeks ago, and for reference, I bought the Sennheiser HD 650, and… was blown away! Especially after 100 or so hours of burn in (brain and/or cans) So far the best sounding headphones I’ve heard. I think the mids of my EarSonics EM6 customs are as good, but the overall SQ of the HD 650 is to my surprise, and to me personally, just superior.

I can’t, or rather; I don’t want to wear the HD 650 at work, because it is open (non-isolating) and it leaks a lot (as it is open). And although very comfortable, wearing it for 6-8 hours a day gets a bit warm. Now, if the overall SQ of the 334 would be something near the HD 650, I guess I would pull the trigger, because I do prefer UIEMs.

So, anyone having experience of the Sennheiser HD 650 and the 334? What do you think, will the 334 disappoint me compared to the HD 650, or do you think I will be happy? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

on my current portable setup, the tg334 sounds better.. the hd650 scales up on a desktop setup while the tg334 is already good enough as it is an IEM.. if you want the tg334 to sound like a headphone, the 000 cables will deliver giving more h x w but the price for 000 cables is just $$$

the mids especially the vocals are something the tg334 has an edge over hd650 on a portable setup
post #1953 of 3631
I so agree on this. Having had both myself, I found that my collection of music in general sounded much more engaging to me on the 334. Now I've sold the 650's and I don't miss them.
The 000 and Intruder truly makes these puppies sound grand'
Edited by milarepa - 1/27/13 at 12:54am
post #1954 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

I so agree on this. Having had both myself, I found that my collection of music in general sounded much more engaging to me on the 334. Now I've sold the 650's and I don't miss them.
The 000 and Intruder truly makes these puppies sound grand'


It's quite nice when an IEM can compete with a full size headphone in terms of overall musical enjoyment :).

post #1955 of 3631
I know, I'm really flabbergasted by the performance of such a tiny piece of tech.
post #1956 of 3631

It's what got me to sell off my W3000 ANVs... In a way I still wish I never spent money on those lol. I ended up taking a $300.00 loss due to the BS Audiotechnica pulled on the pricing on that phone.
 

post #1957 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

It's what got me to sell off my W3000 ANVs... In a way I still wish I never spent money on those lol. I ended up taking a $300.00 loss due to the BS Audiotechnica pulled on the pricing on that phone.

 

I never really liked the sound of the ATH-W3000ANV... I liked the ESW9a and the ESW11Ltd though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

I so agree on this. Having had both myself, I found that my collection of music in general sounded much more engaging to me on the 334. Now I've sold the 650's and I don't miss them.
The 000 and Intruder truly makes these puppies sound grand'

Long live RSA!
post #1958 of 3631
just that you really need to find the right amp/dac and even cables on a high end headphone... then when you do, like in my experience imho (on meets), I realize how big the gap is...
post #1959 of 3631
Tomorrow I will find out if the Intruder will drive the lcd as well. Man I'm looking forward to it more than a kid on xmas. Soon cable for the funny hole will be present as well. Oh my, sorry for derailing.... biggrin.gif
post #1960 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

Tomorrow I will find out if the Intruder will drive the lcd as well. Man I'm looking forward to it more than a kid on xmas. Soon cable for the funny hole will be present as well. Oh my, sorry for derailing.... biggrin.gif

I have an LCD-3 with balanced Silver Dragons and wow theyre amazing on the Intruder...
post #1961 of 3631

I'd thought you'd need a magical amp like the Zana Deuxe to get the most of them :).
 

post #1962 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post

just that you really need to find the right amp/dac and even cables on a high end headphone... then when you do, like in my experience imho (on meets), I realize how big the gap is...


Beats Pro? :p

post #1963 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderbender View Post


Beats Pro? tongue.gif

Low blow, man! Low blow!
post #1964 of 3631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderbender View Post  Beats Pro? :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post  Low blow, man! Low blow!

 

Honestly, the Beats Pro is not that terrible... it's just horribly overpriced. You could make the same argument about my beloved FAD, too, but for different reasons. Anyways, enough of this; back to Suyama's stuff.

post #1965 of 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

Honestly, the Beats Pro is not that terrible... it's just horribly overpriced. You could make the same argument about my beloved FAD, too, but for different reasons. Anyways, enough of this; back to Suyama's stuff.


lol tomscy that is just a very nice way of sugar-coating it ;). Like reverse-psychology lmao :P.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!