Originally Posted by Saraguie
Can someone please give ( a link?) the specs for the 000 cable. How does it differ from the ALO and the stock cable?
001 Cable (stock)
- One coaxial cable per channel (two total)
- Cables are twisted around each other and covered in heat shrink before the junction, then one individual cable goes to each earpiece
- Not particularly flexible
- Silver plated copper (described has having the best balance and versatility of all the cables Suyama-san tested)
- Two individual cables per channel (four total)
- Larger gauge wire than the 001
- The four wires are braided in an unusual pattern (looks like a chain you'd use with a padlock) and covered with heat shrink before the junction, then two cables are (I believe) twisted going to each earpiece
- Even less flexible
For what it's worth, I A/B tested the 000 cable vs. stock with my TG!334s for about 20 minutes at a local shop. I found the improvement was VERY subtle, verging on undetectable with a Nano 4G -> Pico Slim. Obviously others have had different results, but I would carefully consider where else in your chain the $400 could go before buying this cable. Unlike those provided with many IEMs, the stock cable is already excellent...don't discount it out of hand!