Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 86

post #1276 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post

i love the highs spark and extension on my westone 4... does the 334 has this to?
would an amp like the intruder or mk3b open up more for highs?


thank you!
both off them are actually known for their faster roll off on top... However 334 is much more energetic and less forgiving than w4.
post #1277 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post


I personally find the TG334's treble extension lacking. The lack of treble extension is a technical limitation of the driver so amplification will not improve it.
I mentioned it in this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/1245#post_8811757

 

 

thanks!! would you say that their trebles are just on par with the SM3v2?

 

i was thinking that if a DAC(SOLO) and an amp (v2 or mk3b) both with huge soundstage could open up more air space for the highs to extend

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post


both off them are actually known for their faster roll off on top... However 334 is much more energetic and less forgiving than w4.

 

 

for me the W4's already enough for my liking.. if they would be on par or identical (in terms of extension only not resolution) then it's good rolleyes.gif

post #1278 of 3641

334 is more energetic and brighter than W4.

post #1279 of 3641

I just my eq7 tips yesterday. They are very similar to my ue400 tips, but the large size is smaller then the large ue tips. However it seems that the extra length on the tips compared to the stock is what I need. I thought it was the diameter I was after, it turns out to be the length. Now I have a perfect seal without any vacuum issues, I had some slight issues on this with the ue tips. Now the 334's rides deeper in my ears and feels more comfy to wear, and I do find the sonics perfect. Really happy now, my last tip rolling will be shotgunshanes tf10 tips, thanks shane. I'm looking forward to checking them out as well, but this is the best for me so far.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

334 is more energetic and brighter than W4.

 

Oh yes indeed, I used to be a W4 lover - now I'm a 334 addict!ksc75smile.gif

post #1280 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

Oh yes indeed, I used to be a W4 lover - now I'm a 334 addict!ksc75smile.gif

I also used to be a W4 lover but now I'm a full 334.  My next step is probably MH334, MH335, or Monet.

 

I think stock silicone tip give the best sonics for me. I tried comply T400 but mid and high is not as good as stock. 


Edited by mtthefirst - 10/30/12 at 4:48am
post #1281 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I also used to be a W4 lover but now I'm a full 334.  My next step is probably MH334, MH335, or Monet.

 

I think stock silicone tip give the best sonics for me. I tried comply T400 but mid and high is not as good as stock. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

Oh yes indeed, I used to be a W4 lover - now I'm a 334 addict!ksc75smile.gif

 

 

nice!! nothing to worry about anymore atsmile.gif

post #1282 of 3641

Ok folks I have decided to put my fitear 334 for sale ..  I ended up listening more to TH900 nowadays..

post #1283 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

Ok folks I have decided to put my fitear 334 for sale ..  I ended up listening more to TH900 nowadays..
I noticed in your profile that you have the AKG 3003i. Have you written any comparison between the FitEar 334 and AKG 3003i?
post #1284 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post


I noticed in your profile that you have the AKG 3003i. Have you written any comparison between the FitEar 334 and AKG 3003i?

 

No I have not. but I should do a mini one here..

 

I think the AKG 3003i have been a little under rated here becuase I find the AKG3003i to be every bit at as enjoyable as fitear 334 .

 

Bass 

Fitear 334 has more powerful bass.. more mid bass and could go really deep. In short, its so good, it almost on par with LCD-3 bass level and texture... and that also contirbute to the thickness of the sound. AKG3003i does not have that mid bass but it sure doesn't lack any. AKG3003i bass goes really deep and its sub bass is where it strength lies.. It stands out (to me) as one of the best sub bass (quality and qty) and to the extent of knocking out several full size headphones. It somehow resemble more of HD800 level.. yes its lacking in qty in direct comparison, but it doesn't take away the enjoyment as it compensate with some very good sub bass.

 

Mid - The mid range of Fitear 334 is one that will make your jaw drop.. yes its that good to me.. One of the reason the Shure 500/535 sells like hot cakes despite the hefty price is because of its addicted mid range.. but the fitear 334 completely blows the shure 535 out of space in that regard. Its resemble LCD-3 romantic mid range .. Big full vocals, lush, gently mellow at times but powerful when needed and thick at times.. In short it sound very natural, real, which is life like.. like someone speaking to you in your face..  The Akg3003 i is simply no match for it... not even close. AKG3003i has slighly elevated highs in its vocal.. in that sense, it sound more recorded than real.. however some folks actually like that as we are so used to hearing vocal with some elevated high in speakers almost everywhere.. With the refernce fit, the AKG3003i adds a little more meat to the vocal but still not on par with fitear 334. Don't get me wrong the akg300i mid is not recess at all.. its only recess in direct comparison with fitear 334, the akg3003 resemble the mid of Sony EX1000... Its not recess, its doen't stick out from the rest of the frequency.

 

High - This is where the AKG3003i excel.. its one that would make you stand still and stare at blank space (not space out) but in a fully concentrated observation of how good the treble is. (u must be a treble fan to do that and most hate treble). This AKG3003i if fitted with the high boost is almost on par with TH900 treble level. It's boosted treble is different from the Denon D series of harsh and spiky peak that cut thru the ear.. no the AKG3003i does not do that, instead it pulls of as having produce a very life like sparkle of a cymbal crashing.. everything is so clear and even shaker instrucment in the background is obvious and real.. it produce a stunningly accurate high. yes, its way better than all of Audeze ortho phones, it beats the SIg pro. If you have heard TH900 treble level.. the AKG3003i is not very far from here. Note that the Th900 is one of the cleanest dynamic phone ever produced. I have not heard the Stax phone yet but many has claim the TH900 is Stax like perfomace with a stronger bass. In direct comparison The fitear 334 is simply not its match.. not even close. The fitear334 resemble that of Audeze treble level like the LCD-2 and LCD-3 but both have better treble level. I did a through A-B with HD650 just for the fun of it and notice that the HD650 (2012 version) produce slightly more treble than fitear 334. Its not alot more, but enough to tell them apart very easily and the HD650 is rated by many as a dark headphone & some went to the extend of calling it veil. The fitear 334 does produce more treble than the Shure 500/535 line. Its interesting as there are many who would call the Shure line .. not dark at all. To me, it's a stirke out as treble roll off.. in fact very roll off. The fitear 334 is much better than the shure 5XX. So where does the fitear treble lies, I would be flat out wrong to call it roll off... No , it isn't roll of, it just lack the final extension high in order to give sparkle to shine through. This is actually a very good quality considering that it contribute to zero fatigue and one could listen for hours and hours and walk off humming the tunes in their head. This is what its capable of doing. The fitear 334 would allow music to flow through with enough power, volume and control without causing the slightest discomfort.. none, nada, zero, rei, kosong. For late night listener who wants low volume, the fitear will be hard to pull that off with the same amount of enjoyment. Phones that excel in the treble depaertment with enough air are usually ideal for low volume listening as they allow all the details to flow thru effortlessly and this is what the AKG 3003i & TH900 are at the top of the game.

 

Soundstage

The fitear 334 has very tall sound. Sounds appear to come from a tall space. I am amaze by this quality as it makes sound very 3D. If you like tall sound (like church choir) in its full glory, the fitear is one IEM that has this quality. Its surrond one with music all over up, down, center, left, right and could feel out of head experiece at times. The AKG 3003i excel in wide field sound rather than tall sound and is way wider than fitear 334. If you like big venue with wide sound, the AKG300i is your dream phone. The soundstage is super wide without losing the imaging, in fact the imaging is one of its greatest strength.. its pin sharp accurate. Counter to most people think, I find the AKG3003i excellent in imaging, very precise in pin pointing position of where the instruments are located. Vocal is dead center and some duet has the male on the right and female on the left, the AKG3003i will also tell you how far they stand apart easily. I am not saying that the fitear is poor at imaging, its also excellent at doing that but not at AKG3003i level of clarity.

 

Comfort

The Fitear is comfortable for most part and I could wear for hours and actually loosing it (I forgot I even had it on after a while), the discomfort starts when you pull that plug out. There is a vacumn like feeling and sometimes I could feel I am diving under water. The pressure just hit my ear drums and I fear that a continous pulling in and out many times would worn out my eardrum (this is fear which is just a mental projection and may not be true). The AKg3003 has no such problem but it does not seal that well, it has a tiny hole at the bottom to relieve the vacumn and also serve some other sound quality purposes. The cable of the fitear is not very flexible and is micro-phonic. I could hear my clothes brush against the wire when walking. The AKG3003i cable is cloth like and has no micro phonic issue. The AKG 3003 is also feels very light and small in comparison. It also works over the ear or just pop in like apple i bud. Overall I prefer the AKg3003 as its easier to pull in/out like i-buds, light weight, metal construction and no vacumn.

 

Isolation

Fitear 334 wins hands down. AKg3003 isolate about 75% of fitear334. So if you are taking it to plane for long hours, fitear 334 is the way to go. AKG3003 does not isolate enough but its still beat the heck out of  Sony Ex1000. That sony Ex1000 is like an open IEM to me.. leak sound and poor isolation. However, for those airplane isolation fans, neither of these 3 phones isolate the engine noise as well as the new improved Bose QC 15. I have tried it all at Best buy Bose demo station where there is an airplane noise simulator and none beat the Bose QC15 with music off... but then QC15 is not meant to isolate human voice, so fitear 334 and AKG3003 isolate human voice better in this regards.. good for sceaming kids at home.

 

Summary

In conclusion, its really boils down to your preference between AKG3003 and fitear 334. To me, there are a few school of thoughts. There are the Stax/TH900 or maybe HD800 fans out there who lives by this type of sound quality  as the ultimate truth in music headphone reproduction..The ultimate clarity, high resoultion micro details with supreme tightness in bass leve/ texture where quality level is the superior preference over quantity level. There are also another school of thoughts mostly from the Audeze fans/HD650 who claims that this is what reference sound should be... True to real life, warm, lush, outstanding micro resolution detail level with zero fatigue where musicality is superior over anything else and this is what true sound is suppose to be. The AKG3003i belongs to the first group and the Fitear 334 belongs to the 2nd group tonality wise (just to get an overall perspective).

 

All these are just in my personal opinion for both phones.


Edited by Audiowood - 11/13/12 at 11:19am
post #1285 of 3641

^ Excellent read, thanks. smile_phones.gif

post #1286 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

 

No I have not. but I should do a mini one here..

 

 

Summary

In conclusion, its really boils down to your preference between AKG3003 and fitear 334. To me, there are a few school of thoughts. There are the Stax/TH900 or maybe HD800 fans out there who lives by this type of sound quality  as the ultimate truth in music headphone reproduction..The ultimate clarity, high resoultion micro details with supreme tightness in bass leve/ texture where quality level is the superior preference over quantity level. There are also another school of thoughts mostly from the Audeze fans/HD650 who claims that this is what reference sound should be... True to real life, warm, lush, outstanding micro resolution detail level with zero fatigue where musicality reign superior over anything else and this is what true sound is suppose to be. The AKG3003i belongs to the first group and the Fitear 334 belongs to the 2nd group tonality wise (just to get an overall perspective).

 

All these are just in my personal opinion for both phones.

Well done very informative. If this is a mini review holy moly what would an in-depth look like! 

post #1287 of 3641

Are the TG334! going to be discontinued or something?

 

The Musica Acoustics website says that "In fact, we may have the last available 334 in the world"

)'=

post #1288 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by theThirty3rd View Post

Are the TG334! going to be discontinued or something?

 

The Musica Acoustics website says that "In fact, we may have the last available 334 in the world"

)'=

popcorn.gif

post #1289 of 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by theThirty3rd View Post

Are the TG334! going to be discontinued or something?

 

The Musica Acoustics website says that "In fact, we may have the last available 334 in the world"

)'=

 

I think they mean the last few pairs in stock in the world :)

 

My understanding is that demand has been so high that the manufacturer is having trouble keeping up. 

post #1290 of 3641

That's good for the manufacturer and bad for your pockets :P.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!