or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 75

post #1111 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

The amp and the dac or both equally important.

Not with sensitive iems.
post #1112 of 4412

well some of us use our amp and dac for more than IEM's. For example my set up of Solo/MKIIIB is also for my HE-500's.

post #1113 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I've found that the biggest improvements come from upgrading the music files, and the DAC. A good amplifier will simply take that signal and make it louder.


Not necessarily eke. A good amp can add dynamics, transparency/resolving power, better separation, imaging and sound staging. The adding volume bit is way overrated and way over-simplified. Sounds like something the maker of the O2 would say. Example, my UHA6 MKII with Op-amp 209 is super transparent. You'll hear so much that it will show you digital artifacts from the conversion between analog to digital. Thus it's not my favorite Op-Amp. But there are clarity freaks out there who love all the warts in their music. If adding volume was just the case I'd still have my O2 amp and would have skipped the UHA6, T1 and Triad L3. The L3 is miles ahead of them all especially when you take dynamics and sounds staging into consideration. Dynamics being the most complicating to get right for audio equipment.


Edited by lee730 - 10/16/12 at 12:11am
post #1114 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Not necessarily eke. A good amp can add dynamics, transparency/resolving power, better separation, imaging and sound staging. The adding volume bit is way overrated and way over-simplified. Sounds like something the maker of the O2 would say. Example, my UHA6 MKII with Op-amp 209 is super transparent. You'll hear so much that it will show you digital artifacts from the conversion between analog to digital. Thus it's not my favorite Op-Amp. But there are clarity freaks out there who love all the warts in their music. If adding volume was just the case I'd still have my O2 amp and would have skipped the UHA6, T1 and Triad L3. The L3 is miles ahead of them all especially when you take dynamics and sounds staging into consideration. Dynamics being the most complicating to get right for audio equipment.


In my opinion your argument is debatable lee. There is no right or wrong answers. It's up to the listener's perspective.

 

 

 

Tip-rolling is tedious for me with 334. Decided to stick small stock tips. It gave me more airy sound, probably because it didn't seal properly.


Edited by Bokyung - 10/16/12 at 4:19am
post #1115 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post


In my opinion your argument is debatable lee. There is no right or wrong answers. It's up to the listener's perspective.

 

 

 

Tip-rolling is tedious for me with 334. Decided to stick small stock tips. It gave me more airy sound, probably because it didn't seal properly.


True but I don't agree with saying an amp just adds volume sorry. That's just my opinion. There's more to it than that. I'll agree that is the most basic function of an amp however.


Edited by lee730 - 10/16/12 at 4:37am
post #1116 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

Tip-rolling is tedious for me with 334. Decided to stick small stock tips. It gave me more airy sound, probably because it didn't seal properly.

I still have not completely settled on tips. I switch out from Radio Shack Auvio tips and the stock doubles and singles. I get a vacuum seal from time to time and get annoyed with having to reseat them. I don't get it with stock singles but the singles don't really fit my right ear just right (medium too small and large too big and squishy). I've been sticking with the Auvio lately.

This is really the only complaint I have and otherwise I enjoy them immensely. So much so, I find it hard to dedicate time for writing a review. Instead I just tend to relax and enjoy the music.
post #1117 of 4412

Sometimes I think being limited to Comply or the Shure Black Olives is a bit of a blessing, it certainly cuts down on the options I can try, if either of those don't work I just move on.

post #1118 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


True but I don't agree with saying an amp just adds volume sorry. That's just my opinion. There's more to it than that. I'll agree that is the most basic function of an amp however.


Alright, let's just leave it at that for now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


I still have not completely settled on tips. I switch out from Radio Shack Auvio tips and the stock doubles and singles. I get a vacuum seal from time to time and get annoyed with having to reseat them. I don't get it with stock singles but the singles don't really fit my right ear just right (medium too small and large too big and squishy). I've been sticking with the Auvio lately.
This is really the only complaint I have and otherwise I enjoy them immensely. So much so, I find it hard to dedicate time for writing a review. Instead I just tend to relax and enjoy the music.

 

Sounds like we have similar problems: vacuums seals. Very hard to find the right tips, I usually skip on comply but very tempted to try it on 334.

 

Hope you find the right tips for your ears Shane; that being said I agree that 334 is very relaxing!

post #1119 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Not necessarily eke. A good amp can add dynamics, transparency/resolving power, better separation, imaging and sound staging. The adding volume bit is way overrated and way over-simplified. Sounds like something the maker of the O2 would say. Example, my UHA6 MKII with Op-amp 209 is super transparent. You'll hear so much that it will show you digital artifacts from the conversion between analog to digital. Thus it's not my favorite Op-Amp. But there are clarity freaks out there who love all the warts in their music. If adding volume was just the case I'd still have my O2 amp and would have skipped the UHA6, T1 and Triad L3. The L3 is miles ahead of them all especially when you take dynamics and sounds staging into consideration. Dynamics being the most complicating to get right for audio equipment.

 

 

Probably as a result of better headroom and voltage control. 

 

Again,I won't make it seem like I'm an audio engineer. This is all just from experience.

post #1120 of 4412

Whatever the reasons, I just love what I'm hearing. ;).
 


Edited by lee730 - 10/16/12 at 6:55am
post #1121 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post


In my opinion your argument is debatable lee. There is no right or wrong answers. It's up to the listener's perspective.

 

 

 

Tip-rolling is tedious for me with 334. Decided to stick small stock tips. It gave me more airy sound, probably because it didn't seal properly.


I agree. I think that an amp's function is inherently simple. People, however, are excellent at over complicating things which may not necessarily be complicated to begin with. No disrespect to lee. It's all a part of being human.

 

So did I. Small stock tips. I do intend to try other tips, just haven't got around to it.

post #1122 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post


I agree. I think that an amp's function is inherently simple. People, however, are excellent at over complicating things which may not necessarily be complicated to begin with. No disrespect to lee. It's all a part of being human.

 

So did I. Small stock tips. I do intend to try other tips, just haven't got around to it.

 

The same thing can be said about oversimplifying things. We both agree to disagree.

post #1123 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


I still have not completely settled on tips. I switch out from Radio Shack Auvio tips and the stock doubles and singles. I get a vacuum seal from time to time and get annoyed with having to reseat them. I don't get it with stock singles but the singles don't really fit my right ear just right (medium too small and large too big and squishy). I've been sticking with the Auvio lately.
This is really the only complaint I have and otherwise I enjoy them immensely. So much so, I find it hard to dedicate time for writing a review. Instead I just tend to relax and enjoy the music.

I am using T-500 Complys. They do seal well and hold the shell in place 95% of the time. The nozzle is so wide that the form does not cover enough to mute the sound in my ear most of the time. Every once in a while, I push them in slightly and I can notice a difference in sound, it get's brighter and the bass becomes deeper.

 

I've tried the medium stock tips and it felt as if they were falling out. I tried the double flange and not sure if I like them. My canal started itching and I was reminded that when I used the 'tree' on my SE535s this would happen.

 

Like Shane "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" yet..........

post #1124 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I am using T-500 Complys. They do seal well and hold the shell in place 95% of the time. The nozzle is so wide that the form does not cover enough to mute the sound in my ear most of the time. Every once in a while, I push them in slightly and I can notice a difference in sound, it get's brighter and the bass becomes deeper.

 

I've tried the medium stock tips and it felt as if they were falling out. I tried the double flange and not sure if I like them. My canal started itching and I was reminded that when I used the 'tree' on my SE535s this would happen.

 

Like Shane "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" yet..........

I get the best seal from the stock silicone, but once I find the sweetspot it seems to pop out again. This is becoming obsessive, I fiddle them around constantly. When they seal right they are just so amazingly good. My hd650 are getting dusty here.... I'm ordering some EQ7 tips today, hoping they will stick better in my ears, until then I will keep fiddeling and try to grow fatter ears.

post #1125 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

The amp doesn't really do much, when you look at what the DAC does. The dac takes the bits and converts them to analog impulses, which is a pretty big deal. All the amp really does is just take those impulses and increase their amplitude, giving more power/headroom.

and in the process of amplifying the signals to give more power/headroom, they all come out sounding differently.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!