or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! - Page 73

post #1081 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


My point is even connecting your ipod to all those things and you are still having problems with it. My DX100 doesn't hiss at all on low gain, it's a black background and sounds better than those 3 piece solutions as a one unit piece. I thought you also said your ipod hisses? Sounds like everything in that set up is working against you. ipods are ok but nothing special and won't make those fit ears truly sing ;).

No, the DX100 doesn't sound as good. Yes it has a good DAC but the amp section is no where near a dedicated amp like the Continental or blackbird.

post #1082 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

Bizarre, that's a shame that your iPod hisses. My Touch doesn't hiss, but I do hear a very, very, very, very silent "crackle". Bit annoying.

It is very strange. Half of the people say they hiss with everything and half of ppl say they don't hiss at all. I would rather believe the first half as my friend's from the 1st batch also hisses exactly the same as mine.

post #1083 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


The ipod won't bring it to it's full potently anyways. Why not use it as an excuse to get the best out of it and upgrade your source. A polished turd is just a shiny turd in the end ;).


They hiss out of my Lavry, RME and Duet.

post #1084 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

No, the DX100 doesn't sound as good. Yes it has a good DAC but the amp section is no where near a dedicated amp like the Continental or blackbird.


You can easily use a dedicated amp if that was the case and it would still be smaller than an ipod/Clas/amp rig and sound better ;). My point is the DX100 really doesn't need an amp though especially when you are on the go. Now if sitting stationary it's quite nice to be able to use the LO. So I take you use to own a DX100? Which firmware did you test it with? Then again I've heard comments from owners of both set ups and have heard the DX100 was still better sounding as a single unit in comparison.


Edited by lee730 - 10/14/12 at 1:50pm
post #1085 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

It is very strange. Half of the people say they hiss with everything and half of ppl say they don't hiss at all. I would rather believe the first half as my friend's from the 1st batch also hisses exactly the same as mine.

 

No hiss from iPhone 4/5, nano 6g, MBpro or Leckerton UHA-6s.

post #1086 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

 

No hiss from iPhone 4/5, nano 6g, MBpro or Leckerton UHA-6s.

Thanks for the reply and now I figure out the problem. It must be the fact that some ppl are just not that sensitive to the hiss. I know clearly that my MBP 15'' from 2010 and my new Retina MBP, hisses with every single earphone I plug in, including JH13, ES5,W4,334 and so on. You might need to check your ears though, cuz the hiss on mbp is really really obvious. what volume you use with your iPod? I use 1/10 to 1/12 max volume with 334 and 1/6 with jh 13 and ES5 and 1/4 with W4


Edited by czqdtc - 10/14/12 at 1:56pm
post #1087 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

Thanks for the reply and now I figure out the problem. It must be the fact that some ppl are just not that sensitive to the hiss. I know clearly that my MBP 15'' from 2010 and my new Retina MBP, hisses with every single earphone I plug in, including JH13, ES5,W4,334 and so on. You might need to check your ears though, cuz the hiss on mbp is really really obvious. what volume you use with your iPod? I use 1/10 to 1/12 max volume with 334 and 1/6 with jh 13 and ES5 and 1/4 with W4

 

I had hiss on most of those with the W4 but not the TG334.  I have had my ears checked and I know exactly what I can hear and not hear.  I'm so sick of the recent head-fi trend of criticizing others ability to hear.  Believe what you want.

post #1088 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

 

I had hiss on most of those with the W4 but not the TG334.  I have had my ears checked and I know exactly what I can hear and not hear.  I'm so sick of the recent head-fi trend of criticizing others ability to hear.  Believe what you want.


FWIW the UHA6 MKII is completely black. Anyone saying they could hear hiss on that is full of it. When I auditioned Saraguie's 334 his ipod did have a slight hiss but it was not audible at all with music playback and barely audible with no music. So it's really a non-issue. Only when I can hear hiss during music playback (even soft passages) is when I really get upset.

post #1089 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

 

I had hiss on most of those with the W4 but not the TG334.  I have had my ears checked and I know exactly what I can hear and not hear.  I'm so sick of the recent head-fi trend of criticizing others ability to hear.  Believe what you want.

so your 334 is less sensitive than W4????????? You must be kidding me... OK this is a serious problem now since their product is not consistent if this is true. Me and my friend's 334 is much more sensitive than the W4 !!!

post #1090 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

so your 334 is less sensitive than W4????????? You must be kidding me... OK this is a serious problem now since their product is not consistent if this is true. Me and my friend's 334 is much more sensitive than the W4 !!!

 

The 334 I tested was quite sensitive. It hissed badly on my Studio V 3rd ANV. I think slightly more than my IE80 did for that matter. At least from comments I gathered the IE80 is noticeably more sensitive than the W4 (people use the W4 with Studio V and don't report hiss issues). Putting those 2 together I'd think the 334 would be more sensitive as it appears to be slightly more sensitive than my IE80... Either it is more sensitive or you could be right and there may be variations in the units; this is nothing new however.


Edited by lee730 - 10/14/12 at 2:14pm
post #1091 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

The 334 I tested was quite sensitive. It hissed badly on my Studio V 3rd ANV. I think slightly more than my IE80 did for that matter. At least from comments I gathered the IE80 is noticeably more sensitive than the W4. Putting those 2 together I'd think the 334 would be more sensitive as it appear to be slightly more sensitive than my IE80... Either it is more sensitive or you could be right and there may be variations in the units. This is nothing new however.

I just asked one of my friend who lived in HK and he had auditioned and owned 334s, he said his is sensitive and hisses with iPod as well. Relief...

post #1092 of 4412

Now this hiss you are referring to is it interfering while music is playing or are you just being picky about it? If you must have a complete black background get a UHA6 MKII and be done with it. There is 0 hiss on it on low gain, it's a pitch black background plus it competes with amps double it's price range.
 

post #1093 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Now this hiss you are referring to is it interfering while music is playing or are you just being picky about it? If you must have a complete black background get a UHA6 MKII and be done with it. There is 0 hiss on it on low gain, it's a pitch black background plus it competes with amps double it's price range.
 

you can hear it very obviously when the music is not playing and u can hear it slightly when the music is quiet or the contents of the music is relatively quiet. Like I said I listen in very low volume so it is quite annoying to me. Major problem is that they are too sensitive to use any amps.

post #1094 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

you can hear it very obviously when the music is not playing and u can hear it slightly when the music is quiet or the contents of the music is relatively quiet. Like I said I listen in very low volume so it is quite annoying to me. Major problem is that they are too sensitive to use any amps.


Not with the UHA6 MKII. If the amp has low output impedance and a low noise floor you should not hear hiss. The O2, UHA6 & UHA4 are black for me. I also listen at low volumes and do not pick up on any hiss period. To say that all amps will hiss sounds like you are trolling. The very reason why I buy an amp is to attenuate the signal so it is cleaner and noise free. I will not tolerate any amp that hisses with my IEMs, it totally defeats the purpose of owning it no matter how good it may sound.


Edited by lee730 - 10/14/12 at 2:29pm
post #1095 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Not with the UHA6 MKII. If the amp has low output impedance and a low noise floor you should not hear hiss. Both the O2 and the UHA6 are black for me. I also listen at low volumes and do not pick up on any hiss period. To say that all amps will hiss sounds like you are trolling. The very reason why I buy an amp is to attenuate the signal so it is cleaner and noise free. I will not tolerate any amp that hisses with my IEMs, it totally defeats the purpose of owning it no matter how good it may sound.

I only said with all my amps, not all amps.

I might get a DX100 when it's available or wait for the HM901 which should be much better than the DX100 judging from the specs. But I don't think they will come out until Chrismas...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!