Is this upgrade cable worth? Is it softer then stock, and does it improve on sound?
Related Forum Threads
- ALO Audio RX MK2 - Black - LIke NEW Last post on 5/22/13 at 10:57am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- KRK Rockit 8 vs Alesis M1 MK2 Last post on 5/20/13 at 10:48am in Computer Audio
- IC: Metrum Octave Mk2 Last post on Today at 1:12 am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Baldur MKIII cable for Westone 4R UM3X RC W4R Last post on 5/14/13 at 7:31pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- [WANTED] Meier Audio Corda Prehead Mk 2 SE Last post on 5/20/13 at 2:57pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Straight out of Japan, not available in North America, why do the Japanese get all the good toys? I have had these for just over 2 months now and these are my go to portable...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
baldur mk2 cable with westone 4R - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its an extremely expensive cable and while the improvements are massive your better off going with the baldur MK2 which is an
excellent price to performance ratio
Yes it is softer than stock and excellent value for money imo
EDIT: Finally found them on eBay and found that someone had posted a link on page four of this thread. Weird that I couldn't find it via google. Thought I tried searching both mk2 and mkii, but maybe not. Anyway, still interested in whether there are other sources...sorry for the total newbie fail!
Thanks too for the great discussion about the W4. I had these headphones and absolutely love them. I'm planning to modify them to have replaceable cables and now am wondering where to get all these fantastic cables folks write about.
Enjoying these posts!
Edited by Spencew - 12/15/12 at 5:40pm
any thoughts on mk2 vs mk3? the description says the mk3 has more bass. But not sure if thats just more of the mid bass spike or real deeper extension. Also wonder if they are the same feel in weight and flex.
imo it seems like the mk1/mk2/mk2 super duper special unicorn hair solid core cables are a little gimmicky
dont get me wrong, cables do make a difference in sound signatures. however how much difference is really subjective. and the fact that nowadays you could build a extremely good quality cable yourself using the best cable,connectors ect for a fraction of the price.and if you yourself there are locals here like btg and chrishimself that make excellent cables.
personally i didnt like the baldur mk2 sound.. although when i compared the mk2, it was to the pure silver dream cable....but i felt the baldur was dark in presence, almost like veiled. the bass was dynamic was too dark imo. detail just wasnt all there.
I've tried the Baldur MK III Cable with my Westone 4R and have to say that there isn't an audible difference between that and the stock cable. I switched back and forth in frustration as they both sounded exactly the same to these ears.
I have concluded that cables do nothing to the sound and are just there to look pretty.
I have tried the Baldur mk2 on the W4 and before this w/e my opinion is that it is much better than a much more costly pure silver cable. However I received my silver/gold hybrid and it has taken the W4 to another level of refinement and realism.
The W4 with Baldur mk2 offered a very coherent and balanced signature with good extension and weight in both freq. extremities and pushing forward the mid.
I have a thread cracking a W4 where I share more details concerning different cables including the Baldur mk2.
Hope it helps
if i wanted an upgrade cable for w4r to increase overall sound quality but not changing it, which is the best under 1500$ HKD?
- baldur mk2 cable with westone 4R
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 14 seconds ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Fitear f111 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 7 minutes ago
- › do you know this speakers? 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by esmBOS
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe