For sale is my DIY Twisted Pear Buffalo 32S DAC based on the 9018 ESS Sabre DAC chip.
The DAC features both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) outputs. It has a single BNC (COAX) input.
I am looking for $600 for this DAC net of paypal fees, plus shipping. I may discount the price for a local NYC buyer.
Included with the DAC is a BNC to COAX cable and a M2Tech HiFace USB to BNC output device that I used to connect my computer to the DAC.
I bought this DAC from another Head-Fi'er a few months ago to use while I was building my own DIY DAC. Now that my own DIY DAC is nearing completion, its time to find the Buffalo 32S a new home.
The DAC sounds great and is in perfect working and cosmetic condition. I am the DAC's second owner. I bought it from another head-fi'er who had it commissioned from known DIY'er FallenAngel. The original for sale listing is here. The pictures posted are from the original listing. I can post revised pictures if requested.
The build quality is impeccable.
I'll paraphrase the original owner's definition of the features:
- Front and rear panels are from Front Panel Express, case is a Par Metal 20 series which features adhesive isolation feet (easily removed if so desired).
- The output section is wired up with highly revered Jena Labs wire.
- Unbalanced RCA output jacks are Eichmann copper
- Balanced XLR outputs are Neutrik
- Power button is an illuminated push-button style.
Please PM me if interested.
Edited by TMoney - 2/26/12 at 11:07am