New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone W1 Review - Page 2

post #16 of 21
Could you offer any comparisons between the W1 and the A151? I have the SE215, but find myself missing the BA sound of the A151. With your comparisons between the W1 and SE215, I was wondering if the W1 might be a worthy compromise between the A151 and SE215.
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 

off the top of my head the 151 is thicker and softer but will havo to check as they shouldnt be far off each other

post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post

off the top of my head the 151 is thicker and softer but will havo to check as they shouldnt be far off each other


Perfect, thanks. Was tempted to get the W1 for a bit there (see what EQ could do to it), but if it sounds anything like the A151, then goodbye.

 

post #19 of 21

Really detailed review as usual and i have a question about comparing se215 to W1.Since you have enough info about se215 and W1 AND fiio E6,my question is: Will W1 have the bass of se215 if i use E6's EQ2? I'm ok with carrying W1 and E6 around if it will definitely give me the punch of an unamped se215.My source is sansa fuze v1 rockboxed.

post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosoi View Post

 Will W1 have the bass of se215 if i use E6's EQ2?



no

 

a single BA driver will never move the same amount of air.  it may have the wave amplitude but it wont have that visceral quality that only moving a larger volume of air can.

post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post



no

 

a single BA driver will never move the same amount of air.  it may have the wave amplitude but it wont have that visceral quality that only moving a larger volume of air can.



Ah thanks.Off to re-zero then.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: