Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Setting up a Gaming PC! Need advice for speakers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Setting up a Gaming PC! Need advice for speakers!

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Now I am fairly new to these forums so don't hate if I offend by lack of terminology or anything.

 

But I am looking for a good set of speakers for fairly cheap. I would like the whole 5.1 surround set-up or whatever. I was think for around $70 if possible. I can go higher up too. But I need suggestions for what is best for the bang for my buck or what ever. Now these speakers won't only be for gaming it will be also for my collection of about 500 - 1000 songs. Which is mostly Punk Rock / Metal with a bit of the Dance, New age stuff. The main focuses are gaming and my rock music. Any suggestions are appreciated but I would like some explanations with each =)

 

Thanks in Advance,

 Major Jae

post #2 of 20

"Welcome to Head-Fi Sorry about your wallet!"

 

First is first. are you a legit audiophile? if not

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Speakers-980-000430/dp/B003VAK1FA

 

if so...then it's gonna cost more than $70 to get audiophile sound and even then it would only be a 2.0 setup.

post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 

Lol thanks for the welcome.

 

No, I am not a total audiophile but music is a huge passion for me. 

 

That stereo set there looks perfect though thank you. Little pricer then what I wanted but this is a process that will take time anyways =P

post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorjae View Post

Lol thanks for the welcome.

 

No, I am not a total audiophile but music is a huge passion for me. 

 

That stereo set there looks perfect though thank you. Little pricer then what I wanted but this is a process that will take time anyways =P



for regular mainstream music. logitech is what you want. i have the Z623's...if youhave $100...get the Z623's instead..much much better

post #5 of 20

If you want serious speakers, you will want to avoid Logitech and 99% of PC audio brands like the plague. The M-Audio AV40s are a good starting point.

post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

If you want serious speakers, you will want to avoid Logitech and 99% of PC audio brands like the plague. The M-Audio AV40s are a good starting point.



that's why i asked him first if he was an audiophile. as in was he serious about stuff like this and have the cash flow. if you are just a consumer that happened onto this forum...logitech..

post #7 of 20

x2 on the AV40s. They're really the only multimedia speakers that are worth anything in that price range.

post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



that's why i asked him first if he was an audiophile. as in was he serious about stuff like this and have the cash flow. if you are just a consumer that happened onto this forum...logitech..



If you are a consumer and happen to browse this forum, Logitech is the last thing you are or should be looking for. Someone doesn't need to be an audiophile to enjoy audio, something you seem to be misunderstanding.

 

 

majorjae, how far can you stretch your budget?

post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post



If you are a consumer and happen to browse this forum, Logitech is the last thing you are or should be looking for. Someone doesn't need to be an audiophile to enjoy audio, something you seem to be misunderstanding.

 

 

majorjae, how far can you stretch your budget?


well you get what i mean. even though we say this. many people come here. see the M50's think it's what they want in their "consumer sound" and then end up with XB500's that's waht im saying. logitech is a great regular person thing. back then..i loved it. now..not so much. i can hear everything that's wrong with it and am gonna sell it

 

post #10 of 20

The guy is looking for a 5.1 for around $70, find something better then the Logitech that is 5.1 for the $70 budget.

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

The guy is looking for a 5.1 for around $70, find something better then the Logitech that is 5.1 for the $70 budget.



i know there are some creatives and other small brand companies. i looked this up last year when i wanted 5.1's too. but all the one's i saw got bad reviews or were discontiuned. but like Roller says. if the OP starts wanting legit audio ...well then ill let you guys get into some recommendations

post #12 of 20

The real issue is the 5.1 requirement, since both Klipsch and Altec Lansing do some rather acceptable PC speaker systems, but slightly above the default budget (which by the OP's words can be increased).

post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

The real issue is the 5.1 requirement, since both Klipsch and Altec Lansing do some rather acceptable PC speaker systems, but slightly above the default budget (which by the OP's words can be increased).



i tested the promedia 2.1's iknow he wants 5.1 but just putting it out there that. when i demoed my Z623's and those..i liked the Z623's better :/ meh. if you guys can get him into studio bookshelfs than that's nice. how much do you know about bookshelfs rooler? i kinda need some help too. im just a headphone and sound science person.

post #14 of 20

I know you want 5.1's, but if you ever decide 2.1 is enough, I'd go with these:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-SW-G2-1-1250-Speaker-System/dp/B0056BPUQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329766811&sr=8-1

 

Apparently these are the best speakers you can get for $50. MaximumPC gave them a 9, if that means anything to you.

post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



i tested the promedia 2.1's iknow he wants 5.1 but just putting it out there that. when i demoed my Z623's and those..i liked the Z623's better :/ meh. if you guys can get him into studio bookshelfs than that's nice. how much do you know about bookshelfs rooler? i kinda need some help too. im just a headphone and sound science person.



The Klipsch Promedia isn't really that great. I compared it to the M-Audio AV40 and much preferred the AV40s. It's disappointing that a company like Klipsch made such a terrible product. I would say stay away from multimedia speakers in general and get a receiver and passive speakers. Of course, that goes over the OP's budget.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Setting up a Gaming PC! Need advice for speakers!