Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › se535 vs westone 4 need opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

se535 vs westone 4 need opinions - Page 2

post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 

i ended up getting some SE535-LTD-J red se535's i am only about 228.00 in them. i dont regret getting them over any other earphone i was considering. the build quality,fitment and comfort are tip top for me. also the sound isolating is amazing.

 

im glad i went with the se535 as they seem to be out of the box a little more bright and fun, verses what i have read about the westone 4, which alot of ppl say they are neutral and more boring in the drum and bass/dubstep/rap, which is what i mainly listen to.

 

so overall extremely happy with the se535, i am more than likely go with the baldur mk2 pro cables for them. wink wink

post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

i ended up getting some SE535-LTD-J red se535's i am only about 228.00 in them. i dont regret getting them over any other earphone i was considering. the build quality,fitment and comfort are tip top for me. also the sound isolating is amazing.

 

im glad i went with the se535 as they seem to be out of the box a little more bright and fun, verses what i have read about the westone 4, which alot of ppl say they are neutral and more boring in the drum and bass/dubstep/rap, which is what i mainly listen to.

 

so overall extremely happy with the se535, i am more than likely go with the baldur mk2 pro cables for them. wink wink


Good on you, purchasing the 535ltdtongue_smile.gif

 

I have the pro version of the said cables, probably the first person to do so!

 

Sonically, its is better sounding in concert with an amp and a quad wired 3.5 mm mini i/c of the same cable. But, it is very microphonic, heavy in use and not suitable for out and about basically portability.

 

post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post


Good on you, purchasing the 535ltdtongue_smile.gif

 

I have the pro version of the said cables, probably the first person to do so!

 

Sonically, its is better sounding in concert with an amp and a quad wired 3.5 mm mini i/c of the same cable. But, it is very microphonic, heavy in use and not suitable for out and about basically portability.

 


How does it compare to the normal baldur cable without the amp?

 

I have the 535ltd ordered along with normal baldur cable but the only amp i have is a fiio e7 and didn't you have your quad wired 3.5mm i/c specially made?

 


Edited by Darkocean-62 - 3/2/12 at 7:54pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkocean-62 View Post


How does it compare to the normal baldur cable without the amp?

 

I have the 535ltd ordered along with normal baldur cable but the only amp i have is a fiio e7 and didn't you have your quad wired 3.5mm i/c specially made?

 


Basically I had a normal baldur i/c made, then I asked for a quad one to be made, and the difference was immense! I then requested a quad IEM cable to be made and there's an improvement but not as much as the improvements from a Quad baldured i/c.

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post


Basically I had a normal baldur i/c made, then I asked for a quad one to be made, and the difference was immense! I then requested a quad IEM cable to be made and there's an improvement but not as much as the improvements from a Quad baldured i/c.



Have you tried a silver i/c?

post #21 of 22

SE535ltd and Silver Cable.jpg

 

I have the matching 3.5mm mini i/c
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkocean-62 View Post



Have you tried a silver i/c?


 

 

 

post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 

have you tried the comply p series in either slim or long? if so how was the sound difference/sound isolation?? right now im using the small flex sleeves, i feel they give the best fitment.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › se535 vs westone 4 need opinions