Nice thread again ClieOS, love all your threads. This basically secured Fiio E11's position in my first amp purchase. I want and amp that will go with a Squeezebox Classic that I found in my house. Didn't feel like it was driving my AKG K204 Studios properly, I could be wrong. But it looks like that's what I'm after now, thanks! Thanks for your hard work, I always seem to turn to you when I want to find anything on head-fi.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 5/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productHeadRoom Total AirHeadtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSoundMAGIC A10 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black)tagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Headphone Impedance
The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A lazy question but but any quick rec that does not require AC power source under 200?
I will research around as well. Thanks
I'm looking for a portable amp solution that would also be good for using with my desktop as well as I switch from both frequently. I am unsure as to which amp I should be looking at for this. My current headphone and IEM inventory include Audio Technica ATH-ES7, Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, Hippo VB's, and I'm looking to purchase another set of headphones for around the $150 mark that are definitely not bass shy (currently looking at the Ultrasone DJ1's). Which amp or amp/dac combo would be the best for this for the sub $100 price range? The cheaper the better of course!
Fiio E17, much better than the E7.
I have recently ordered Pa2v2 and i was wondering , is cmoybb 2.03b really better ?
My headphones are IEM that have a lot of bass , i use Hippo Vb and Xiaomi IF , vsonic gr02 . I would like to try cmoybb as well but if the differences are minimal and easy to distinguish them i would just stick with pa2v2 .
Which one should have the most SQ for my IEM ?
If you asked me, there is without any doubt that cmoyBB is better, on both measurement as well as subjective listening. Though, all of you IEM seems to be fairly easy to drive, so I won't say they will hugely benefit from amping.
MA750 doesn't have a very strong flavor, so most amps will go well with it. The question, do you think you really need an amp for it?
Right now, unlikely. Don't forget I am living at the opposite side of the world where Auvio is sold and there is no easy way for me to get one.
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 on Sony.com 18 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 28 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 2 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Why do you prefer headphones over surround sound systems? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2