Nice thread again ClieOS, love all your threads. This basically secured Fiio E11's position in my first amp purchase. I want and amp that will go with a Squeezebox Classic that I found in my house. Didn't feel like it was driving my AKG K204 Studios properly, I could be wrong. But it looks like that's what I'm after now, thanks! Thanks for your hard work, I always seem to turn to you when I want to find anything on head-fi.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 5/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productHeadRoom Total AirHeadtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSoundMAGIC A10 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black)tagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
- Headphone Impedance
The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A lazy question but but any quick rec that does not require AC power source under 200?
I will research around as well. Thanks
I'm looking for a portable amp solution that would also be good for using with my desktop as well as I switch from both frequently. I am unsure as to which amp I should be looking at for this. My current headphone and IEM inventory include Audio Technica ATH-ES7, Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, Hippo VB's, and I'm looking to purchase another set of headphones for around the $150 mark that are definitely not bass shy (currently looking at the Ultrasone DJ1's). Which amp or amp/dac combo would be the best for this for the sub $100 price range? The cheaper the better of course!
Fiio E17, much better than the E7.
I have recently ordered Pa2v2 and i was wondering , is cmoybb 2.03b really better ?
My headphones are IEM that have a lot of bass , i use Hippo Vb and Xiaomi IF , vsonic gr02 . I would like to try cmoybb as well but if the differences are minimal and easy to distinguish them i would just stick with pa2v2 .
Which one should have the most SQ for my IEM ?
If you asked me, there is without any doubt that cmoyBB is better, on both measurement as well as subjective listening. Though, all of you IEM seems to be fairly easy to drive, so I won't say they will hugely benefit from amping.
MA750 doesn't have a very strong flavor, so most amps will go well with it. The question, do you think you really need an amp for it?
Right now, unlikely. Don't forget I am living at the opposite side of the world where Auvio is sold and there is no easy way for me to get one.
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Parrot Zik? 26 seconds ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 1 minute ago
- › Montana Head-fiers? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hi from Middle earth 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)