Nice thread again ClieOS, love all your threads. This basically secured Fiio E11's position in my first amp purchase. I want and amp that will go with a Squeezebox Classic that I found in my house. Didn't feel like it was driving my AKG K204 Studios properly, I could be wrong. But it looks like that's what I'm after now, thanks! Thanks for your hard work, I always seem to turn to you when I want to find anything on head-fi.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 5/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productHeadRoom Total AirHeadtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSoundMAGIC A10 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black)tagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Headphone Impedance
The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A lazy question but but any quick rec that does not require AC power source under 200?
I will research around as well. Thanks
I'm looking for a portable amp solution that would also be good for using with my desktop as well as I switch from both frequently. I am unsure as to which amp I should be looking at for this. My current headphone and IEM inventory include Audio Technica ATH-ES7, Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, Hippo VB's, and I'm looking to purchase another set of headphones for around the $150 mark that are definitely not bass shy (currently looking at the Ultrasone DJ1's). Which amp or amp/dac combo would be the best for this for the sub $100 price range? The cheaper the better of course!
Fiio E17, much better than the E7.
I have recently ordered Pa2v2 and i was wondering , is cmoybb 2.03b really better ?
My headphones are IEM that have a lot of bass , i use Hippo Vb and Xiaomi IF , vsonic gr02 . I would like to try cmoybb as well but if the differences are minimal and easy to distinguish them i would just stick with pa2v2 .
Which one should have the most SQ for my IEM ?
If you asked me, there is without any doubt that cmoyBB is better, on both measurement as well as subjective listening. Though, all of you IEM seems to be fairly easy to drive, so I won't say they will hugely benefit from amping.
MA750 doesn't have a very strong flavor, so most amps will go well with it. The question, do you think you really need an amp for it?
Right now, unlikely. Don't forget I am living at the opposite side of the world where Auvio is sold and there is no easy way for me to get one.
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 750 cable upgrade 59 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 3 minutes ago
- › EPH100-SL / JVC FXD80 / BRAINWAVZ M2 - Recommendations appreciated 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)